Rank our Interior O-Line
The rankings continue. This time we move to the interior Oline. Our guys:

Trey Hopkins
Carman Jackson
Xavier Sua’Fila

The competition

ARZ- Rodney Hudson-Justin Pugh-Justin Murray
ATL- Matt Hennessy-Matt Gono-Chris Lindstrom
BAL- Bradley Bozeman-Ben Cleveland-Kevin Zeitler                                                                                         
BUF- Mitch Morse-Jon Feliciano-Cody Ford
CAR-Matt Paradis-Pat Elflein-John Miller      
CHI-Cody Whitehair-James Daniels-Alex Bars      
CLV- JC Tretter-Joel Bitonio-Wyatt Teller
DAL-Tyler Biadasz-Connor Williams-Zach Martin
DEN-Lloyd Cushenberry-Dalton Risner-Graham Glasgow
DET- Frank Ragnow-Jonah Jackson-Hala Vaitai      
GBP-Josh Myers-Elgton Jenkins-Lucas Patrick
HOU-Justin Britt-Max Scharping-Marcus Cannon
IND- Ryan Kelly-Quenton Nelson-Mark Glowinski
JAX- Brandon Linder-Andrew Norwell-AJ Cann
KCC- Austin Blythe-Joe Thuney-Laurent DuvernayTardiff
LVR- Andre James-Richie Incognito-Denzelle Good
LAC-Corey Linsley-Matt Feiler-Oday Aboushi
LAR-Brian Allen-David Edwards-Austin Corbett
MIA- Matt Skura-Solomon Kindley-Robert Hunt
MIN- Garrett Bradbury-Dakota Dozier-Ezra Cleveland
NEP- David Andrews-Mike Onwenu-Shaq Mason
NOS- Erik McCoy-Andrus Peat-Cesar-Ruiz
NYG- Nick Gates-Shane Lemieux-Zach Fulton
NYJ- Conner McGovern-Alijah VeraTucker-Greg VanRoten
PHI- Jason Kelce-Isaac Seumalo-Brandon Brooks
PIT-Kendrick Green-Kevin Dotson-Trai Turner
SFF-Alex Mack-Laken Tomlison-Daniel Brunskill
SEA- Ethan Pocic-Damien Lewis-Gabe Jackson
TBB- Ryan Jensen-Ali Marpet-Alex Cappa
TEN- Ben Jonrs-Rodger Saffold-Nate Davis
WAS-Chase Roullier-Wes Schweitzer-Brandon Schreff

FA-David DeCastro-Nick Easton-Austin Reiter
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Spain will start over XSF.

Reply/Quote
Until I see better.....lower 5th of the league. Is there any guarantee Hopkins plays Day 1? If it's Price.....yikes.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
A rookie, a castoff, and an injured UDFA Journeyman? I think that I was generous by putting them in that 22-26 slot.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yet we went wr at 5 lmao. We have bottom 5 oline and top 5 wr group. That’s some dumb ass madden shit
Reply/Quote
26 or 27 seems about right. Hopkins' health and play can move them up and Carman's progress can help as well but as it stands now, can't be a top 25 unit.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Bottom five in the league. Those boys are pretty bad. Hopefully Jackson can develop quickly and elevate them a little bit.
Reply/Quote
Spain,XSF,and Hopkins,if he’s healthy,should be starting.Don’t see Jackson doing much this year.Rookie Tackle,being asked to play Guard,in which he has little,or no experience at.But I believe the other 3 could be pretty good.Spain might surprise some people this year.He can be a very good Guard.He was brought in last year mid season and just throwed into the mix.Moving from LG,RG,T.He’ll have a full camp this year.XSF will do better with the new OL coach.Hopkins is at least an average or above Center.Pretty sure he’ll be ready to start week 1,unless he has a setback.I think this is a pretty solid group.But,I’m also counting on our new OL coach making them a little more productive as well.
Reply/Quote
Trey Hopkins is a upper mid-tier C

XSF is a former 2nd rounder with 58 NFL starts under his belt

Jackson was the 2nd overall Guard taken in the draft...

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2021, 12:26 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Trey Hopkins is a upper mid-tier C

So…. 30th best then?
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2021, 12:31 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: So…. 30th best then?
Nah....which of these are more talented?

ATL- Matt Hennessy-Matt Gono-Chris Lindstrom
CAR-Matt Paradis-Pat Elflein-John Miller            
GBP-Josh Myers-Elgton Jenkins-Lucas Patrick
HOU-Justin Britt-Max Scharping-Marcus Cannon
LVR- Andre James-Richie Incognito-Denzelle Good
LAR-Brian Allen-David Edwards-Austin Corbett
MIA- Matt Skura-Solomon Kindley-Robert Hunt
NYG- Nick Gates-Shane Lemieux-Zach Fulton
NYJ- Conner McGovern-Alijah VeraTucker-Greg VanRoten
PIT-Kendrick Green-Kevin Dotson-Trai Turner
SEA- Ethan Pocic-Damien Lewis-Gabe Jackson
WAS-Chase Roullier-Wes Schweitzer-Brandon Schreff

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2021, 12:26 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Trey Hopkins is a upper mid-tier C

Hopkins, IMO, at best is an average center.  He's always looked good because everyone around him is worse.   We don't even know when he'll be back.  So we're stuck with Price at center for at least a couple games to start the 2021 season. 

Maybe we'll actually see if XSF can play actually stay on the field and play guard after playing 6 games last season.  

From what I'm seeing on his background while he's been in the NFL, he hasnt been able to stay healthy nor has he lived up to that 1st pick of the 2nd round by the Texans.  

Jackson is a wait and see projection. He's a OT who's never a day played guard in his life.  I highly doubt he can learn that position that quickly and start this season.  

Then if you have an injuries to Reiff or Jonah, which I'll go on record and say there's better than a 50% chance of that happening, the depth we have behind them you might as well go ahead and start Brandon Allen and protect Burrow the rest of the season. 

This offensive line is honestly ranked 28-30th in the NFL IMO.  There's is just no quality depth on this unit.  Pollack best be the miracle worker people on here think he is.  He'll make a difference but you need talent to get better. 
Reply/Quote
I think our OL is going to be better than people think. We will see a lot in preseason in this regard. If they are pourous, it's going to be a painful season.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I sure hope they're better for JB's sake.

I'm not as high on Hopkins as many are. Is he decent ? yes Is he upper tier ? I don't think so. It wouldn't take a whole lot to be better than Jordan, Redmond and the other crap we've had out there last couple seasons. So I think we'll improve, it's just how much ?

I said 15-21
Reply/Quote
27-32. This unit is the Achilles heel. Only consolation is Pitt might actually be worse.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 04:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Spain will start over XSF.

Agreed.  And with it looking like Spain-Hopkins-Carman, I went with the middle of the road answer.  Carman is a question mark, but is the highest pick we have used on a guard since Kevin Zeitler.  The offensive line was about average with Bobby Hart playing RT and Spain and XSF as the guards last year.  I think Carman will at least be as solid as the tandem of XSF and Spain were last year, possibly better as the kid has much quicker feet than either of them. 

I'm not closing the door on Billy Price just yet, either.  If Pollack can work some magic with him, he could still be a solid option to start at Center while Hopkins recovers.  Then again, I carried water for John Ross until a crossing route hit him squarely in the hip and I saw the look on Burrow's face.  
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals interior line is close to the bottom of the league. Everyone including people outside Cincinnati always talk about are tackles but the interior line was much worse. Hopkins was average but is coming off a week 17 ACL and Price hasn’t shown much promise. Carmen is a rookie with no guard experience, and I think XFS and Spain are overrated. Anything is better then the way Michael Jordan played last year so I understand that aspect and thank god Redmond is finally gone.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2021, 10:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed.  And with it looking like Spain-Hopkins-Carman, I went with the middle of the road answer.  Carman is a question mark, but is the highest pick we have used on a guard since Kevin Zeitler.  The offensive line was about average with Bobby Hart playing RT and Spain and XSF as the guards last year.  I think Carman will at least be as solid as the tandem of XSF and Spain were last year, possibly better as the kid has much quicker feet than either of them. 

I'm not closing the door on Billy Price just yet, either.  If Pollack can work some magic with him, he could still be a solid option to start at Center while Hopkins recovers.  Then again, I carried water for John Ross until a crossing route hit him squarely in the hip and I saw the look on Burrow's face.  

The crazy thing about the XSF/Spain competition on the offensive line is they've competed previously with the Titans and Spain won the competition and XSF was cut by the Titans.   

My guess is if their battling it out for the same position again Spain wins again and XSF gets back up duty. 
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 11:25 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Spain,XSF,and Hopkins,if he’s healthy,should be starting.Don’t see Jackson doing much this year.Rookie Tackle,being asked to play Guard,in which he has little,or no experience at.But I believe the other 3 could be pretty good.Spain might surprise some people this year.He can be a very good Guard.He was brought in last year mid season and just throwed into the mix.Moving from LG,RG,T.He’ll have a full camp this year.XSF will do better with the new OL coach.Hopkins is at least an average or above Center.Pretty sure he’ll be ready to start week 1,unless he has a setback.I think this is a pretty solid group.But,I’m also counting on our new OL coach making them a little more productive as well.

Jackson will start day one at guard.
Reply/Quote
I remember people talking about how Trey Hill was a great value in a later round, but here it sounds like Price is going to be the backup Center not Hill? I mean, we can definitely put him on PS for a year if we want, but I though it was decided that Price was less of a liability as a backup Guard?

I'm going to say 15-21 for rank though hopefully I'm wrong. Also, if everyone around them plays well it could help them improve their rank a lot (strong run game with the passing game having some quick passes and timing patterns that keep the pass rush from getting home).

Reply/Quote