Poll: Where u got JB
Top 3
4-6
7-10
11-16
I'm a Steelers fan
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank our QB
(06-28-2022, 07:14 PM)PDub80 Wrote: The question isn't Who is the best QB in 2012... It's 2022. Wilson and Rodgers would have struggled mightily in Cincinnati last year behind that O line. 

But, yes, we can agree that it is A ok to have different opinions, takes, and things we value or how we want to weight or view certain aspects of quarterbacking. I was basing my answer on last year - all things considered. In a vacuum or time machine and cherry picking years and best seasons... Of course, Joey B isn't going to beat out Brady, Rodgers, etc. when we look at body of work/career. In time, I agree. Maybe!

I understood the question, I was just using historical data to say that those QBs have done it before and I believe they could do it again. Of course, that’s a subjective opinion in a subjective conversation. They didn’t do it last year, Burrow did. However, Rodgers did win MVP and Wilson was leading the league in passer rating prior to his injury. Rodgers, in my mind, was the best QB last season and Wilson wasn’t far behind him prior to injury. I don’t know, from my perspective, saying that either of those guys could have stepped in and potentially led this team to a SB berth isn’t that controversial of a take. We’re talking about two HOF caliber QBs.

Hopefully, by end of season, we can all agree that Burrow is king as he brings home the Lombardi.
Reply/Quote
As to the Mahomes, JB9 debate:

Both of them have played in a Superbowl with a substandard oline/ their passer ratings:

PM: 52.3

JB: 101.0

Mahomes was sacked 3 times. Burrow 7
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 08:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to the Mahomes, JB9 debate:

Both of them have played in a Superbowl with a substandard oline/ their passer ratings:

PM: 52.3

JB: 101.0

Mahomes was sacked 3 times. Burrow 7

JB9 broke the AFC... Tanny had to go to therapy. Bengals are in great shape!
Reply/Quote
Aaron Rodgers is better than Joe Burrow. No one else…

Though I also think you’re in great shape if your team has Allen, Herbert, or Mahomes leading it. I wouldn’t pick any of them above Burrow.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 09:23 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Aaron Rodgers is better than Joe Burrow. No one else…
I don't agree with that. Aaron Rodgers is better than a lot of other QBs

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 04:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I voted 4-6.
He's right up there with Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Josh Allen.
I think just given the more overall sustained success of the first three, I chose 4-6 instead of 1-3, but I think Burrow will get into the 1-3 once Rodgers and Brady retire.

That's really why I voted the same way. The other top 3-4 guys have had just as much success for a sustained period which gives them the benefit of the doubt right now.
Reply/Quote
I picked 4-6 which for a guy just going into his 3rd year is impressive as anything. I think he even takes a bigger steps I could see over 40 TDs and close to 5,000 yards. He does that and we have even some remotely positive post season success, he’ll move to top 3 in my mind
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 05:59 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Sticking with my top 3 ranking despite many disagreeing, and Joe being better than Mahomes as well.

Plus way cooler.

Rodgers, Brady, and Mahomes are all great but believe two are declining quickly.  

Mahomes has benefitted from great teams despite being a great talent himself. We shall see how he does from this point forward when his teams are not quite as stacked. But I watched Burrow beat him twice while getting pummeled and Mahomes uni never even got dirty, yet Joe won both games and both were BIG games that were not overlooked by KC.

That's alright, many of the same people were arguing against me that Zac sucked last year too.  

Beating their chest while pointing to records and such.

Feel the same Go Cards. Right now Joe is the QB on the rise and I don't know how anyone could argue otherwise.

Allen and Herbert are great themselves but I don't know how much better they will get. With Burrow I see records being 
broken this season. Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers records.

(06-28-2022, 06:28 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yes, it's a real possibility. Rodgers has had two seasons in his career where his offensive lines were nearly as bad as Cincinnati's and he led the Packers to the playoffs, posting better numbers in his playoff games. His defenses failed him in those two runs, averaging allowing 35 points per game. Rodgers posted an average 105 QB rating in these two playoffs. It's important to note that the Bengals defense was elite at generating turnovers in the playoffs, which was huge. Burrow played well, but the defense played fantastic as well. Of course, it isn't all QB driven so it is important to look at these factors. You also have Russell Wilson, who led his team to the Super Bowl with a line nearly as bad as Cincinnati's and he has made a career of playing well with poor lines. 

So, yeah, it is completely possible that Rodgers or even Wilson could have led the Bengals to the Super Bowl last year. They both have a history of playing elite level ball behind terrible lines. Given this history, to act like no one else could possibly do it simply isn't based in reality. You may not accept this reasoning, and that's fine, we'll just disagree. I've been maintaining that I think Burrow will have a claim to #1 after this season. Arguably the best skills position in the league with a potential top flight offensive line, but he isn't there yet. Not in my mind. We need more than one full season of data from him, at minimum. 

Well done bringing Russell Wilson into this discussion who HAS played great with terrible O-lines. 

Russell Wilson is a great QB, always liked watching him play and think he will have a great season with the Broncos.

He needed a change badly.

(06-28-2022, 07:14 PM)PDub80 Wrote: The question isn't Who is the best QB in 2012... It's 2022. Wilson and Rodgers would have struggled mightily in Cincinnati last year behind that O line. 

But, yes, we can agree that it is A ok to have different opinions, takes, and things we value or how we want to weight or view certain aspects of quarterbacking. I was basing my answer on last year - all things considered. In a vacuum or time machine and cherry picking years and best seasons... Of course, Joey B isn't going to beat out Brady, Rodgers, etc. when we look at body of work/career. In time, I agree. Maybe!

I don't know if Wilson or Rodgers would of struggled mightily but I agree that I don't think they would of been as good as Burrow
was last season with pressure. His numbers when pressured last year were insane. Pressure simply doesn't bother Joe Cool.

He might be better under pressure, the numbers even allude to such an absurd notion.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2022, 07:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This.

Burrow, Allen, and Herbert are probably 4-6 right now, but all three guys are knocking at the door of that top tier.

QB4-6 seems about right. Some of the guys in front of him are goi g to retire soon.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2022, 07:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This.

Burrow, Allen, and Herbert are probably 4-6 right now, but all three guys are knocking at the door of that top tier.

(06-26-2022, 07:42 PM)JUDAS MESIAS Wrote: That's how I have it too.

Yup, that's my line of thinking as well. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Top 3 and I would take him over Mahomes and Brady! BTW I have him breaking all sorts of records this season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 02:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Feel the same Go Cards. Right now Joe is the QB on the rise and I don't know how anyone could argue otherwise.

Allen and Herbert are great themselves but I don't know how much better they will get. With Burrow I see records being 
broken this season. Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers records.

Well done bringing Russell Wilson into this discussion who HAS played great with terrible O-lines. 

Russell Wilson is a great QB, always liked watching him play and think he will have a great season with the Broncos.

He needed a change badly.

I don't know if Wilson or Rodgers would of struggled mightily but I agree that I don't think they would of been as good as Burrow
was last season with pressure. His numbers when pressured last year were insane. Pressure simply doesn't bother Joe Cool.

He might be better under pressure, the numbers even allude to such an absurd notion.

I think both Rodgers & Wilson would have been broken by end of season. They are at the point in their careers where the hits are no longer kind to them.
Reply/Quote
FWIW, each year PK and Millz (SIRIUS NFL) rank "rooms" prior to the season. They gave their top 5:

Both:

1. Bills
2. Colts
3. Tampa Bay (Millz had KC 3rd)
4. KC (Millz TB 4th)

Disagreed:
5. GB (PK)

Now here's where it gets stupid:

5. Pitt (Millz)

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2022, 08:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: FWIW, each year PK and Millz (SIRIUS NFL) rank "rooms" prior to the season. They gave their top 5:

Both:

1. Bills
2. Colts
3. Tampa Bay (Millz had KC 3rd)
4. KC (Millz TB 4th)

Disagreed:
5. GB (PK)

Now here's where it gets stupid:

5. Pitt (Millz)

What the actual ****?!

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2022, 08:44 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I think both Rodgers & Wilson would have been broken by end of season. They are at the point in their careers where the hits are no longer kind to them.

Could be correct. All I know is Burrow is fantastic under pressure. Better than any QB I have seen.

Gonna be a little strange for him this year when he has some time and a quality running game if we stay relatively healthy up front.
Reply/Quote