25-32 (Bring on barkley)
0%
0 0%
Total 64 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank our QB (2018)
(06-29-2018, 06:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's tough to gage, actually.  As I feel as if you put most of the "elite" QBs on the Bengals last year, they end up on the IR, rather than turning in another elite level season.  Just as I feel if you put Andy behind Dallas or Philly's line, he's instantly heading toward the top 5.

Well, Dalton certainly would play better behind a good OL and that would move him up as an individual player.

But, boy, top 5. That would put him with Rodgers, Brady, Brees and Ryan. That's a seriously bold statement. Hopefully he'll live up to it and play like he did in 2015, except finish out the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 11:28 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Well, Dalton certainly would play better behind a good OL and that would move him up as an individual player.

But, boy, top 5. That would put him with Rodgers, Brady, Brees and Ryan. That's a seriously bold statement. Hopefully he'll live up to it and play like he did in 2015, except finish out the season.

Any QB is only as good as the rest of the team around him.  Sure, some have particular traits that are a little above those of their peers, but in general they're all pros.  In 2015, Andy showed just how good he can be, with a quality team around him.  Last year?  He deserves a medal, just for hanging in there and not getting crushed.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 11:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Any QB is only as good as the rest of the team around him.  Sure, some have particular traits that are a little above those of their peers, but in general they're all pros.  In 2015, Andy showed just how good he can be, with a quality team around him.  Last year?  He deserves a medal, just for hanging in there and not getting crushed.

I certainly agree on the medal for last year.

I'm hoping that upgrades on the OL provide him with the needed space to return to his 2015 form. There are definitely a lot of people who are hoping for that.

Of course, knowing me, you know that my excitement won't really show up much until I see it all on the field.

Reply/Quote
I put Andy in the 11-14 range based on where he is at today. I feel that he is one QB that can make huge advances up that list, however, after this season and continue his career on the upward trajectory that he was on before losing Hue.
Reply/Quote
I also put him in the 11 - 14 range. I think all the improvements, along with our running attack, are going to help him stay in the pocket longer.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not expecting any sort of magical development after 7 years. At this point Andy is a known known. A middle of the pack starter in this league.

Will be nice if he plays out of his mind again, but at this point it would be foolish to expect that.
Reply/Quote
even marginal quarterbacks can take a good team to the Superbowl and win

dalton is more than capable..stick brady and some of the other "greats" behind the cincinnati offensive line, they would have looked worse
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 11:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Any QB is only as good as the rest of the team around him.  Sure, some have particular traits that are a little above those of their peers, but in general they're all pros.  In 2015, Andy showed just how good he can be, with a quality team around him.  Last year?  He deserves a medal, just for hanging in there and not getting crushed.

agreed........agreed ...agreed
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2018, 08:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I put Andy in the 11-14 range based on where he is at today.  I feel that he is one QB that can make huge advances up that list, however, after this season and continue his career on the upward trajectory that he was on before losing Hue.

hue jackson had nothing to do with daltons performance the past two years.. a lousy offensive line did
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2018, 10:52 AM)cooper Wrote: hue jackson had nothing to do with daltons performance the past two years.. a lousy offensive line did

Probably because he was in Cleveland?  I believe Racer was pointing out that before Hue left, he was on an upward spiral.
Reply/Quote
Dalton is a bit like Nick Foles, streaky.

If Andy hits his stride heading into the offseason, he will be seen as a top 12 QB.

If Andy does well at the beginning of the season and fizzles out, he will be around 18-22.

I do believe Dalton is the type of guy who could go on a Flacco/Foles type run, we just need his momentum to hit at the right time.

Considering the streakyness, I’ll put him around 15
Reply/Quote
At this point 15-18 but with so many young QBs this season that are very talented i can see Dalton slipping further down if he doesn't step up his game this season.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2018, 12:07 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Probably because he was in Cleveland?  I believe Racer was pointing out that before Hue left, he was on an upward spiral.

I wish Hue was still here.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2018, 02:01 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I wish Hue was still here.

The last 2 years?
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2018, 03:04 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: The last 2 years?

Sure, especially considering we had the clown Zampese take over. 
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2018, 03:15 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Sure, especially considering we had the clown Zampese take over. 

I'm sorry.  I read your post wrong.  I thought you said Hue was still here.  My bad.  Just ignore what I said, and FWIW, I agree with you.
Reply/Quote
I voted top 10. Only because we don't know. If the line turns out good? Offense looks good? Top 5 easily.

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2018, 12:07 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Probably because he was in Cleveland?  I believe Racer was pointing out that before Hue left, he was on an upward spiral.

Not a fan of Hugh. He was sloppy and, sorry to say, too conservative. He was crafty no doubt, but I’m not sure or convinced with his coaching abilities.He talked well, but he didn’t have it. That’s my opinion though. I know many disagree. TBH, I’m thankful he is gone. Otherwise, ML might have retired and Hugh being HC. He’s not a good HC. His past and present resemble that opinion.

Reply/Quote
I put Dalton 11-14 just because right now I think that's a fair assessment. However if the line really pans out and it's improved as much as I hope it has I fully believe he'll be in the top 10 come seasons end.
Reply/Quote
I'll go ahead and play the total Homer and say Andy leads the league in every category all season AND signs with the Reds in the off season and throws 5 no hitters with an ERA of 0.19 and wins the world series AND hits 7 grand slams as a pinch hitter , but because the rest of the Bengals team lays an egg again come playoff time he'll be called a mediocre QB at best .. 
Ok, that's not gonna happen , but it wouldn't shock me if it did happen ESPECIALLY the last part . 
You gotta admit that would be kind of cool if he did start pitching and threw 5 no hitters for the  Reds..The grand slams wouldn't be too shabby either .

Edit : I hadn't even read about Lorenzen's grand slam..  All I can say is W-w-w--freakin OW! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote