27-32 (I'm a Steelers fan)
0%
0 0%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank our WRs
(06-12-2021, 01:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: If Chase is as advertised....top 5 no doubt. Boyd may be the best slot in the game. Tee had a very nice rookie campaign, and by reports, has gotten in better shape, and better with his knowledge of the offense. Chase is the wild card....if he's worthy of that top 5 pick, we're among the league's best.

LIterally took the exact opening I was going to use and the ranking.  If Chase is as advertised, as Burrow has been, and you look at Higgins as our #3 WR, it isn't so much to #1 on this team, but the overall talent of the WR corps 1-3.  Granted, there will be a pretty significant dropoff from there, but it is a damn good unit.  

This is a part of what has me so excited about the team (at least the offense).  Burrow is such a distributor that doesn't force the ball to any one player that it keeps the entire offense involved.  I know we are all nervous about how improved the line will be with the changes they made, but I believe that, along with Pollack, will have the offense rolling.  

This WR group will be really fun to watch.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 01:39 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I honestly think they can be the best in the league, or top 5. I don’t think that’s homerism either, Boyd is the best or in discussion for the best slot receiver in the  NFL, Higgins should make improvements, and Chase can be  better than both.

I think next year, in chases 2nd season, we will see possibly records breaking receiver play with his development.

Higgins has already impressed with his added strength.  When you figure this was his first "real" offseason in the NFL, you can see the added size and strength (he also thinks he is faster because of the added emphasis on his hamstring strength training).  He showed that when you put pads on him, he doesn't lose speed (as you might in a smaller burner) so although Tee didn't test off the charts, athletically, his playing speed looks very strong.  He also has shown a massive catch radius as well as ability to find space when a play breaks down. 

He was so impressive his rookie season despite fighting a hamstring injury all season that my arrow for him is pointing way up for his second season.  He is also a year older and after starting his career at 21 years of age, that is significant as he continues to grow in to his body.  

While I would expect Chase to maybe be a little "worn out" coming off his last year in college (I certainly expected it for Tee, and applaud his "resting his body" instead of joining some camp immediately after the last game just to improve his combine performance), I have to remind myself that he didn't play last year.  He tested like a freak and should be incredibly fresh and hungry.  

Boyd is just a steady stud.  He's reliable, tough, and is emerging as a leader.  

Who gets them the ball?  The guy that had 200 yards passing at the half against the WFT.  The guy that broke all kinds of records his 2nd season at LSU.  It is his second season in the NFL.  He was already driven, but now, he has an injury to overcome.  His approach to rehab, his participation at OTAs, and his overall determination have me salivating at what could be a really fun, high-powered offense.  

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 02:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Tied for 7th with the Steelers. If DeSean Jackson could actually stay healthy then maybe tied for 8th with the Steelers, but I don't think he can. So t-7th.

Top 6 in no particular order...
Bucs
Bills
Cowboys
Vikings
Titans
Seahawks

Could easily be top-3 in the NFL going into next year if Chase proves himself this year. He certainly improves the rankings since it's Chase instead of Tate, but a rookie with 0 NFL stats can only be valued so high.

I think the Bengals have a stronger #3 than some of those top-6 teams even though Chase hasn't done anything yet. The thing that keeps them out of the top-6 in my mind is just that that high end #1 production. Those teams have guy(s) who have put up 1,300-1,400+ yard seasons. The Bengals don't really have that yet, so it offsets the advantage they have at #3 WR.

Interesting.  Agreed with the Top Tier #1, and I can't place Chase there other than on potential, of course.  

Here is your list.  Of the teams you listed, I answered next to each:  "Which one has a better QB?  Them of Bengals?"

Bucs- Brady.  He showed last year, he still has it.  Long term?  Nope.  But for now, Brady still is tops.
Bills- Allen.  He proved me wrong as he improved his short-and-intermediate game in a big way.  Great athlete, too. 
Cowboys- Burrow.  Sorry, Dak.  
Vikings- Burrow, and it ain't even close.  "You like that?"
Titans- Burrow.  Tannehill has had a nice resurgence, but I still take Burrow.
Seahawks- Wilson.  He may be pissed at the team, threw a horrible INT to lose a Super Bowl, but he is still a future HoF.  

I guess the question will become:  Can Burrow become a top 6 QB?  Now that the line is improved (supposedly) and he has some real weapons, can he be a top 6 QB?  I wouldn't bet against him. 
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2021, 12:55 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Chase is not arguably better, he just is better. Couple that with Higgins who almost had 1k yard season last year with scrubs throwing the ball the majority of the season and we are in good shape. I will disagree with most people on here but I think we have a top 5 WR unit with Chase, Higgins, Boyd. It’s not a question if Chase will produce, because he will.

Didn't want to say it, cause I didn't want to jinx Chase but completely agree. It is just our 1st round rookies get hurt every year for 
some frickin' reason. Hard to get this out of my head. Chase is crazy smooth and smart and is fresh as it gets after taking a year off.

Burrow and him are already on the same page. No Bengal bias here at all, Chase is my front runner for ROTY.

(06-12-2021, 01:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: If Chase is as advertised....top 5 no doubt. Boyd may be the best slot in the game. Tee had a very nice rookie campaign, and by reports, has gotten in better shape, and better with his knowledge of the offense. Chase is the wild card....if he's worthy of that top 5 pick, we're among the league's best.

Tee looks great man, looks way quicker in and out of his routes. Very crisp for a guy that is 6'4".
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2021, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Chase is my front runner for ROTY.

Hard to not vote for a QB as front runner looking at the reality of the positional valuation. Jefferson put up 1,400 yards as a rookie WR and didn't win it over Herbert. A good QB is going to win it over a good WR every time.

Trevor Lawrence or Mac Jones has to be the favorites.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2021, 03:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hard to not vote for a QB as front runner looking at the reality of the positional valuation. Jefferson put up 1,400 yards as a rookie WR and didn't win it over Herbert. A good QB is going to win it over a good WR every time.

True, QB's always get the first nod. I just think that with Burrow, Chase has more of a chance than most Receivers.

Devonta Smith just won the Heisman, it isn't impossible.
Reply/Quote
My optimistic heart voted 7-12 in the poll, as I feel like if things go well with the OL, the offense can be dangerous. Realistically, I'd say that the 13-19 bracket is where they will likely end up, production wise.

Looking at things realistically, the Bengals likely have the 3rd best WR corps in the division, and are fighting it out with Pittsburgh over who has the worst OL in the division. As everyone knows, a WR corps can only be as good as the offense is in general. Never mind the fact that our starting WRs will feature a rookie, a second year guy, one trusted veteran, and a few place holders as backups.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Top 12 right now but by the End of the year they will be #1. Chase is the real deal, Boyd is probably the best slot, and Higgens is a star as well.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2021, 03:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hard to not vote for a QB as front runner looking at the reality of the positional valuation. Jefferson put up 1,400 yards as a rookie WR and didn't win it over Herbert. A good QB is going to win it over a good WR every time.

Jefferson did have a great year but I thought Herbert shined a bit more starting out as a backup... and yes QBs seem to get the edge based on position.. 
Reply/Quote
I think we are on the cusp of top six.

1. Tampa Bay
2. Tennessee
3. Dallas
4. Minnesota
5. They who will not be named
6. Seattle
7. BENGALS

I put us in the top 6 because the potential is off the charts. Also I'm a homer.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2021, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Didn't want to say it, cause I didn't want to jinx Chase but completely agree. It is just our 1st round rookies get hurt every year for 
some frickin' reason. Hard to get this out of my head. Chase is crazy smooth and smart and is fresh as it gets after taking a year off.

Burrow and him are already on the same page. No Bengal bias here at all, Chase is my front runner for ROTY.

This is why I believe that his opting out last year will actually help avoid this seemingly every-year curse.  He isn't fighting nagging injuries.  He isn't worn down.  He is fresh and in incredible shape.  A 200 lb WR with incredible speed, change-of-direction, and has the unbelievable strength of putting up 225lbs a whopping 22 times?  Yes, please.  Can't wait to see the first steeler DB that tries to press him and gets shoved to the turf.  
Reply/Quote

I will be shocked if he even plays.  
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2021, 03:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, QB's always get the first nod. I just think that with Burrow, Chase has more of a chance than most Receivers.

Devonta Smith just won the Heisman, it isn't impossible.

I see Chase is +1000 to win OROTY.  I might take that action.  I think Lawrence is going to struggle mightily.  I am (seemingly) the only person that sees Lawrence as a guy that struggles against the best defenses throwing the ball and won't be able to run a lot in the NFL.  Jax isn't exactly loaded with talent.  I think Chase has a lot of built up energy from not playing last year.  He is going to come out and ball from Day 1.  
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2021, 03:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My optimistic heart voted 7-12 in the poll, as I feel like if things go well with the OL, the offense can be dangerous.  Realistically, I'd say that the 13-19 bracket is where they will likely end up, production wise.  

Looking at things realistically, the Bengals likely have the 3rd best WR corps in the division, and are fighting it out with Pittsburgh over who has the worst OL in the division.  As everyone knows, a WR corps can only be as good as the offense is in general.  Never mind the fact that our starting WRs will feature a rookie, a second year guy, one trusted veteran, and a few place holders as backups.

I disagree.

Assuming Chase is who he was in college, the Bengals 1-3 WRs are better than anyone else in the AFCN. I don' think that's close. I also think the have the best passer in the AFCN.

After the Bengals 3rd WR there are some big time ?s, but how often does WR4 really matter?

The Bengals skill position group, as a hole, I would put behind the Browns. But WRs? I judge that off of 1-3 since 4 & 5 rarely play and the 6 & 7 are teamers.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2021, 11:38 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I disagree.

Assuming Chase is who he was in college, the Bengals 1-3 WRs are better than anyone else in the AFCN. I don' think that's close. I also think the have the best passer in the AFCN.

After the Bengals 3rd WR there are some big time ?s, but how often does WR4 really matter?

The Bengals skill position group, as a hole, I would put behind the Browns. But WRs? I judge that off of 1-3 since 4 & 5 rarely play and the 6 & 7 are teamers.

Agreed, WR4 isn't relevant in the discussion since TEs and pass-catching backs are likely to see more targets than WR4.
Reply/Quote
As much as Chase has been hyped, he'd better be competing with Chad Johnson and AJ Green for best WR in team history.

If he's that level, and Higgins/Boyd continue on as they should...this will arguably be the best WR group in the league. If Chase lives up to the hype.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2021, 11:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is why I believe that his opting out last year will actually help avoid this seemingly every-year curse.  He isn't fighting nagging injuries.  He isn't worn down.  He is fresh and in incredible shape.  A 200 lb WR with incredible speed, change-of-direction, and has the unbelievable strength of putting up 225lbs a whopping 22 times?  Yes, please.  Can't wait to see the first steeler DB that tries to press him and gets shoved to the turf.  

Yeah, good luck pressing Chase. This is probably what stands out to me the most with him, he is violent.

Not a fun Receiver to try and cover. He will hit you more than you hit him and he loves the contact.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2021, 11:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I see Chase is +1000 to win OROTY.  I might take that action.  I think Lawrence is going to struggle mightily.  I am (seemingly) the only person that sees Lawrence as a guy that struggles against the best defenses throwing the ball and won't be able to run a lot in the NFL.  Jax isn't exactly loaded with talent.  I think Chase has a lot of built up energy from not playing last year.  He is going to come out and ball from Day 1.  

Feel the same, I don't think Lawrence is going to be the player Jag's fans hope. I have never been blown away by him.

Burrow on the other hand is special, think if the coaching comes around we could be in for some great days barring injuries.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2021, 01:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As much as Chase has been hyped, he'd better be competing with Chad Johnson and AJ Green for best WR in team history.

If he's that level, and Higgins/Boyd continue on as they should...this will arguably be the best WR group in the league. If Chase lives up to the hype.

Isaac Curtis.

That is all.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2021, 11:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I will be shocked if he even plays.  

I wouldn't. Cam Newton is coming off a season where he threw 8 TD/10 INT in 15 starts. I don't know how much of a lock Newton will have on the starting job if he starts out looking/performing poorly. They spent a lot of money in the offseason and they certainly won't be happy with finishing 3rd in the division again.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote