27-32 (I'm a Steelers fan)
0%
0 0%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank our WRs
(06-13-2021, 10:36 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I think we are on the cusp of top six.

1. Tampa Bay
2. Tennessee
3. Dallas
4. Minnesota
5. They who will not be named
6. Seattle
7. BENGALS

I put us in the top 6 because the potential is off the charts. Also I'm a homer.

I assume this means the Steelers? Absolutely no way they have a better WR trio than us. Juju hasn’t been shit since AB left.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2021, 06:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I assume this means the Steelers? Absolutely no way they have a better WR trio than us. Juju hasn’t been shit since AB left.

Agreed and even the Schuster don't want to be hit again by Von. Should be fun seeing these guys this season for once.

I like our Secondary against them and like the moves we made in the trenches.

We will see how our Linebackers grow, namely Logan Wilson and ADG. 

Adding Chase on Offense just gives us a new dimension of physicality. He likes to beat on Corners, he likes it.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2021, 03:34 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Isaac Curtis.

That is all.

Never leave Isaac out...
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2021, 05:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I wouldn't. Cam Newton is coming off a season where he threw 8 TD/10 INT in 15 starts. I don't know how much of a lock Newton will have on the starting job if he starts out looking/performing poorly. They spent a lot of money in the offseason and they certainly won't be happy with finishing 3rd in the division again.

I believe their defense struggled as well.  Reports coming out of New England are not very favorable for Jones.  The Jets are still the Jets until they prove otherwise, but Buffalo is a legit contender and Miami is ascending.  The Pats won't get six wins in that division just by throwing their jerseys on the field any more.  

They haven't drafted well for some time in New England.  I think they made a big mistake by not moving up to get Fields.  
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2021, 06:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I assume this means the Steelers? Absolutely no way they have a better WR trio than us. Juju hasn’t been shit since AB left.

I saw this as well.  Even if you give JJSS a generous even to Boyd, and Claypool might be slightly ahead of Higgins, that leaves Dionte Johnson as better than Ja'Marr Chase?  Laughable.  
Reply/Quote
I still believe our #4 WR isn't on the team yet. Should be a veteran who used to be a #2 or #3 WR at some point. I'm with others who say the depth just isn't there after the top three. We really need this signing in case of injury.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Didnt most of you football savants peg Damion Willis as a budding, ultra Draft steal, WR2 less than 2 years ago?

While also continuing to defend and prop up John Ross?
Reply/Quote
Speaking of top 10 pick John Ross.

He didn't show up to voluntary OTAs w the Gmen

He is projected to be fighting for the last WR slot on the 53 man roster w Dante Pettis (Ironic)

And after 2 days of OTAs he has already left w an injury. Lol. He is a the nick senzel of the NFL
Reply/Quote
We couldnt do much with 2 of the 3. I doubt the new 3rd will make all the difference considering they had a #1 draft pick receiver (ROSS) and multi All-Pro receiver (AJ) to open up the game. Back of the middle of the pack.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2021, 09:52 AM)HHRain Wrote: Didnt most of you football savants peg Damion Willis as a budding, ultra Draft steal,  WR2 less than 2 years ago?

While also continuing to defend and prop up John Ross?

No
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2021, 07:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I saw this as well.  Even if you give JJSS a generous even to Boyd, and Claypool might be slightly ahead of Higgins, that leaves Dionte Johnson as better than Ja'Marr Chase?  Laughable.  

Boyd has 3743 yards and 19 TD's in 5 years in the league.

JuJu has 3726 yards and 26 TD's in 4 years in the league.

Last year, Boyd had 10 more yards, but JuJu had 5 more TD's.  

I think the Bengals trio will be better than Pittsburgh's, but I can also understand that some want them to prove it before crowning them.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2021, 03:40 PM)Whatever Wrote: Boyd has 3743 yards and 19 TD's in 5 years in the league.

I think the Bengals trio will be better than Pittsburgh's, but I can also understand that some want them to prove it before crowning them.

All I know is Chase will help all our guys.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2021, 04:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All I know is Chase will help all our guys.

Nate, I usually agree with you on almost everything you say on here.

However, I do think Chase can help our other receivers, but do you honestly expect him to come in and be on the All Rookie team and make the Pro Bowl his rookie year?

I'm giving the kid at least a chance to learn an offense.  To keep up with the dredges of the NFL which is unlike college football. 

This kid has the weight of the world on him as soon as he walk into that building.  

I'm sorry but I don't see this optimism.  Maybe Chase is Superman and I'm doubting his skills, but I guess in less than 100 days we'll find out if he can leap tall buildings in a single bound.  

I think my biggest worry is depth after the top 3 WR.  I mean what do you have behind Chase, Boyd, and Higgins?  Nothing.  What are the chances all 3 WR stay healthy all season...VERY low.   

Honestly, I'm just hoping Chase kicks the flippin curse of 1st round pick who's been injured or lost multiple games to injury when picked by the Bengals here of late. 
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2021, 03:34 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Isaac Curtis.

That is all.

All due respect to Curtis, but he's an overrated trendy hipster pick when it comes to best WR discussion. He was never as dominant as Chad or AJ in their primes.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2021, 05:35 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Nate, I usually agree with you on almost everything you say on here.

However, I do think Chase can help our other receivers, but do you honestly expect him to come in and be on the All Rookie team and make the Pro Bowl his rookie year?

I'm giving the kid at least a chance to learn an offense.  To keep up with the dredges of the NFL which is unlike college football. 

This kid has the weight of the world on him as soon as he walk into that building.  

I'm sorry but I don't see this optimism.  Maybe Chase is Superman and I'm doubting his skills, but I guess in less than 100 days we'll find out if he can leap tall buildings in a single bound.  

I think my biggest worry is depth after the top 3 WR.  I mean what do you have behind Chase, Boyd, and Higgins?  Nothing.  What are the chances all 3 WR stay healthy all season...VERY low.   

Honestly, I'm just hoping Chase kicks the flippin curse of 1st round pick who's been injured or lost multiple games to injury when picked by the Bengals here of late. 

I getcha, I cannot help but see our 1st round picks just being injured year after year after year.

Ja'Marr Chase is fresh though right now and as smooth of a Receiver as it gets coming from a top SEC team playing with his QB
again. Kick that curse is what I want to see more than anything, just stay healthy Ja'Marr. The one thing that stands out most 
about this guy to me is his physicality with Corners and Safeties, dude us a tough sumbitch to play against.

This Offense is pretty much LSU's offense if Taylor runs it right. We are all down on the coaching, this is what needs to improve 
the most. But yeah, our depth at WR also worries me. I like Tate, after that I just don't know.

I asked this awhile back, but is DeDe Westbrook still available?
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2021, 07:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I believe their defense struggled as well.  Reports coming out of New England are not very favorable for Jones.  The Jets are still the Jets until they prove otherwise, but Buffalo is a legit contender and Miami is ascending.  The Pats won't get six wins in that division just by throwing their jerseys on the field any more.  

They haven't drafted well for some time in New England.  I think they made a big mistake by not moving up to get Fields.  

Only if by struggled you mean having the 7th ranked scoring defense, which is what NE had last year. Lol... Despite having a QB who only threw 8 TDs for the 27th ranked scoring offense that was 23rd in Time of Possession.

Yeah, their drafting has been iffy for awhile. Were able to cover it up with good trades/FA signings/Tom Brady. Not going to hop on the Fields hype train until I see it already with a head of steam. Who was the last OSU QB to actually be good in the NFL? Seems like every few years there's a new big name QB out of OSU who flops. Troy Smith, JT Barrett, Braxton Miller, Dwayne Haskins, Terrell Pryor, Cardale Jones.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2021, 11:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Only if by struggled you mean having the 7th ranked scoring defense, which is what NE had last year. Lol... Despite having a QB who only threw 8 TDs for the 27th ranked scoring offense that was 23rd in Time of Possession.

Yeah, their drafting has been iffy for awhile. Were able to cover it up with good trades/FA signings/Tom Brady. Not going to hop on the Fields hype train until I see it already with a head of steam. Who was the last OSU QB to actually be good in the NFL? Seems like every few years there's a new big name QB out of OSU who flops. Troy Smith, JT Barrett, Braxton Miller, Dwayne Haskins, Terrell Pryor, Cardale Jones.

The Pats finished 15th in total yards allowed, though, and only beat two teams all season that had a record above .500.  I get your point about OSU QBs, but Alabama hasn't turned out ANY QBs that succeeded in the NFL since, who...Joe Namath? And of that list of QBs from Ohio State, I think only haskins went in the first round?   
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 07:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Pats finished 15th in total yards allowed, though, and only beat two teams all season that had a record above .500.  I get your point about OSU QBs, but Alabama hasn't turned out ANY QBs that succeeded in the NFL since, who...Joe Namath? And of that list of QBs from Ohio State, I think only haskins went in the first round?   

Your point stands, but I can't BELIEVE you forgot about The Snake, Ken Stabler. Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2021, 03:40 PM)Whatever Wrote: Boyd has 3743 yards and 19 TD's in 5 years in the league.

Boyd didn't play a lot in his second season, and has missed some time with injury here and there as well. How much time has Shit Schuster missed? I have no idea without looking it up.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 05:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: Boyd didn't play a lot in his second season, and has missed some time with injury here and there as well. How much time has Shit Schuster missed? I have no idea without looking it up.

Boyd played 55 in games in that time compared to 58 for JuJu.  Plus, if we're being fair, Boyd was benched for a poor attitude his 2nd season, which he seems to have straightened out.  
Reply/Quote