Green Bay
Cleveland
Cincinnati
Tampa Bay
Arizona
Miami
NY Jets
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ranking The Current Openings
In Green Bay you do get Aaron Rodgers...but you also get Aaron Rodgers price tag.

I'd say the young Cleveland team would be my top choice.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 01:02 PM)Au165 Wrote: Miami I think is a more favorable job than people give it credit for. I think they are willing to move on from Tannehill down there. Sign Teddy in the off season and they are wild card contenders, heck they were in the wildcard hunt this year. They have some serious talent and speed down there.

The fins have 25 players scheduled to hit FA next year(17 UFA's) and are near the bottom in available cap room.  
Reply/Quote
And Teddy Bridgewater sucks.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I'd put them in these categories:

NEW STARTS
Cleveland
NY Jets
Arizona

IN LIMBO
Green Bay*
Miami
Cincinnati*
Denver*
Tampa Bay

*difficult people calling the shots, here
Reply/Quote
The one knock against the Green Bay job is that Aaron Rodgers seems very quick to air dirty laundry. And being one of the big QBs in the league, he might be more difficult to work with.

Speculative on my part maybe.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 01:14 PM)Whatever Wrote: The fins have 25 players scheduled to hit FA next year(17 UFA's) and are near the bottom in available cap room.  

They have 20 million in cap and can cut Tannehill for 13 more. Devante Parker is a 10 million hit and will be gone and had little production for them this year as well. Danny Amendola is a 6 million savings with no dead cap either. 

With those moves (even if you keep Tannehill) you have enough cap to keep the whole team together and make some additional moves. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 01:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: They have 20 million in cap and can cut Tannehill for 13 more. Devante Parker is a 10 million hit and will be gone and had little production for them this year as well. Danny Amendola is a 6 million savings with no dead cap either. 

With those moves (even if you keep Tannehill) you have enough cap to keep the whole team together and make some additional moves. 
But then you are still left with an undesirable QB situation.  And Miami did well enough this season that they're not likely to land one of the top QB prospects in the draft barring a trade up.  So they are stuck. 
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Aaron Rodgers is 35 and something is wrong with him. They're going to want you to win right away like Rodgers is still in his prime though. The rest of the roster is blech. For these reasons, I don't think GB is nearly as great a situation as people are suggesting. Here's a good article that goes in depth on the problems with Rodgers this year:

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/17/dissecting-what-went-wrong-with-packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-in-2018/

Btw, Suh is with the Rams.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
1. Cleveland: young roster, AFC North looks to be theirs for next 3-5 years.
2. Green Bay: still have Aaron Rodgers and not far behind Chicago/Minnesota in terms of roster.
3. Denver: good young players on defense...just missing a QB.
4. New York Jets: Sam Darnold looks like a solid QB and AFC East going to open up with Brady/NE nearing the end.
5. Cincinnati: if not for working under Mike Brown, would have it higher on list. Roster not real bad and Dalton can suffice for another 1-2 years while drafting a replacement of your choice.
6. Miami: have to find a QB. Rest of roster looks meh as well.
7. Arizona: not convinced that Rosen is the answer and you are stuck with him until rookie deal expires.
8. Tampa Bay: good luck trying to roll with Jameis Winston as your franchise QB.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 01:08 PM)Synric Wrote: I'd say the young Cleveland team would be my top choice.

I'm with you on Cleveland. I'm on the Browns bandwagon (not as a fan, but just as a believer in their future). In addition to the OP's statement about their franchise QB, they have him playing behind a very good offensive line. That's such a dangerous combination in a league awash in mediocrity at both position groups.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:36 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Cleveland is set to win the division for years to come. 

How so?  They didn't beat a single team with a winning record, this season.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 01:46 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: 1. Cleveland: young roster, AFC North looks to be theirs for next 3-5 years.

Has everyone gone f***ing insane?
I'd say BALTIMORE has a better claim to this than Cleveland.
Yea, Pittsburgh isn't doing so hot, right now, but they're not pushovers, either.
Neither are the Bengals, WHEN HEALTHY.

Holy hell!
Reply/Quote
For what it is worth here are a few of NFL news sites that rank Bengals 8th out of all of them. Yeah I know, media... Like I said for what it is worth.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/02/ranking-the-2018-coaching-vacancies/
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ranking-nfl-coaching-vacancies-baker-mayfield-makes-browns-best-available-open-job-right-now/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/mike-jones/2018/12/31/nfl-head-coach-job-openings-rankings-browns-packers-jets/2454499002/

But NFL.com has the Bengals ranked 5th
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001006717/article/ranking-nfl-coaching-vacancies-browns-packers-most-alluring

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 01:43 PM)Big Boss Wrote: But then you are still left with an undesirable QB situation.  And Miami did well enough this season that they're not likely to land one of the top QB prospects in the draft barring a trade up.  So they are stuck. 

With Ryan Tannehill and Brock Osweiller this year they did okay. I think a veteran stop gap guy like a Bridgewater or a Flacco even they could be a wild card team next year. They have a lot of talent, just a lot of names average people don't know. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 01:01 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I totally forgot about Miami.

Miami is a mess. There's nothing there to like. It's only slightly ahead of Arizona.

Added a poll.

Also suh is on the rams
Reply/Quote
Is this ranking for Job security after being mediocre and underachieving or for winning a Super Bowl ?
Reply/Quote
I voted Green Bay because of tradition, commitment to winning, organization's reputation, and Rogers.

I think Browns are one injury to Mayfield to imploding and historically they have not done well, even with talent.

Bengals have talent but an owner that is a boob.

Broncos have a defense but no QB, and offense is a work in progress. But if I had a second choice, the fans, and Broncos organization is solid and would be my choice.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:36 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Im not sure how you rank Cincinnati ahead of Cleveland... 

Cleveland is set to win the division for years to come. 

I dunno man... I think Cleveland needs to finish better than 3rd in a down division before they are crowned.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 04:58 PM)jason Wrote: I dunno man... I think Cleveland needs to finish better than 3rd in a down division before they are crowned.

For some reason the Browns have been the darling of a lot of guys around here for years.  Seems like every season I see a thread about how the Browns are ready to explode.

I think Mayfield is the real deal, but they still had the 30th ranked defense and only won one game against a team with a winning record.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 05:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: For some reason the Browns have been the darling of a lot of guys around here for years.  Seems like every season I see a thread about how the Browns are ready to explode.

I think Mayfield is the real deal, but they still had the 30th ranked defense and only won one game against a team with a winning record.

They swept the Bengals, were about 10 yards from a field goal attempt to sweep the Ravens, and approximately 18 missed field goals from splitting with the Steelers. I don't think it's a stretch to think they win at least 4 of their 6 division games for the foreseeable future. They absolutely need to improve on defense, though. If they do, some of those needed wins against winning teams will come.

That said, it is still the Browns. People have every right to be skeptical, just like most are with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote