Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking the NFL backfields (Bengals #6)
I'd switch us and Pittsburgh, but that's just because of the faith I have in THE James Wilder Jr....
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 01:30 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I'd switch us and Pittsburgh, but that's just because of the faith I have in THE James Wilder Jr....

If THE James Wilder Jr lives up to the physical specimen that he is and Burkhead continues to be BLeonard 2.0, the Bengals are loads better than Pitt.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 02:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If THE James Wilder Jr lives up to the physical specimen that he is and Burkhead continues to be BLeonard 2.0, the Bengals are loads better than Pitt.

I really like the talent we have acquired in the backfield.
I think Watson, Wilder and Weisman could all push for a role as a FB type role. 
Reply/Quote
Hill & Bernard are great. Burkhead might even be a capable back himself. 6 is a good spot for them, but hopefully after another year under their belts, we can put them even higher.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 05:18 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Hill & Bernard are great. Burkhead might even be a capable back himself. 6 is a good spot for them, but hopefully after another year under their belts, we can put them even higher.

Hopefully Gio gets his eyes back on track
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 05:20 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Hopefully Gio gets his eyes back on track

Yeah...he seemed to decline a bit last year.  Maybe it was due to him being given the starter role, but he didn't seem to put it back together once Hill started getting more of the carries.  Hopefully he's back to 2013 form.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 05:23 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Yeah...he seemed to decline a bit last year.  Maybe it was due to him being given the starter role, but he didn't seem to put it back together once Hill started getting more of the carries.  Hopefully he's back to 2013 form.

He wasn't seeing the field.
I re-watched most of the games with coaches film, he just missed lanes. 
He took safe 3-4 yard gains over chancing bigger gains on cutbacks and moves.

That is the exact opposite of what a guy like Gio should do. He needs to be a big play back. 
Reply/Quote