Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rapoport: The Bengals have told anyone who listen they don't plan on doing any deals
From Ian Rapoport:

The Bengals have told anyone who would listen they don't plan on doing any deals. As Duke Tobin will offer teams, they aren't in the business of sending away good players. The only one it seems who has a chance at being traded is TE Tyler Eifert, for whom Cincy would ask for a third-rounder. That seems quite rich, though perhaps there is some wiggle room there.

1. Asking for a 3rd rounder for Eifert is COMICAL.
2. Not in the business of sending away good players. You know, the ones who have this team staring at 0-16. LOLOLOLOL!

Just a complete and utter inept franchise incapable of any vision or plan for success. It's honestly depressing.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:53 AM)Fullrock Wrote: From Ian Rapoport:

The Bengals have told anyone who would listen they don't plan on doing any deals. As Duke Tobin will offer teams, they aren't in the business of sending away good players. The only one it seems who has a chance at being traded is TE Tyler Eifert, for whom Cincy would ask for a third-rounder. That seems quite rich, though perhaps there is some wiggle room there.

1. Asking for a 3rd rounder for Eifert is COMICAL.
2. Not in the business of sending away good players. You know, the ones who have this team staring at 0-16. LOLOLOLOL!

Just a complete and utter inept franchise incapable of any vision or plan for success. It's honestly depressing.

AJ, Geno, Carlos are all no only good players, they are great players. No one is going to trade for our bad players, and since it's an 11 man game, the bad bring down the good.... along with coaching.
Reply/Quote
Did they come out and say that they weren't trading Palmer as well?  I honestly can't remember.

This seems like some absurd "art of the deal" wannabe type of behavior at first blush.  Any player in the league can be had for the right price.  If you're willing to ship your next 10 years worth of draft picks to the Patriots, Tom Brady is all yours.  I wish that they'd stop playing these games - McCarron could've hypothetically netted some decent draft capital if they hadn't stuck their noses in the air and pretended that anyone on their roster was worth the moon.  They tried this very same tactic of waiting until the deadline and asking for the moon with McCarron - which the Browns FO exploited by offering a "trade" for McCarron and "botching it."  Gee, I guess they're really "incompetent" over there, pulling a stunt that prevented the Bengals from trading a dude who's out of the league for something better than a ham sandwich.  

Anyhow, I don't agree with a firesale, or shipping out good players who would prefer to stay put just for the sake of shipping them - BUT - this team is a long ways away from competing for a championship.  There is no way to get close without drafting young, talented players.  A lot of them!  
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:42 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Did they come out and say that they weren't trading Palmer as well?  I honestly can't remember.

This seems like some absurd "art of the deal" wannabe type of behavior at first blush.  Any player in the league can be had for the right price.  If you're willing to ship your next 10 years worth of draft picks to the Patriots, Tom Brady is all yours.  I wish that they'd stop playing these games - McCarron could've hypothetically netted some decent draft capital if they hadn't stuck their noses in the air and pretended that anyone on their roster was worth the moon.  They tried this very same tactic of waiting until the deadline and asking for the moon with McCarron - which the Browns FO exploited by offering a "trade" for McCarron and "botching it."  Gee, I guess they're really "incompetent" over there, pulling a stunt that prevented the Bengals from trading a dude who's out of the league for something better than a ham sandwich.  

Anyhow, I don't agree with a firesale, or shipping out good players who would prefer to stay put just for the sake of shipping them - BUT - this team is a long ways away from competing for a championship.  There is no way to get close without drafting young, talented players.  A lot of them!  

I don't remember if they came right out and said they weren't going to trade Palmer. I do know that Mike Brown was content to be a stubborn ass, and let him sit to prove some point. When Jason Campbell got hurt, and Hue Jackson had the Raiders at 8 wins they got desperate, and made an offer he couldn't refuse. Mike's familiarity with Hue may have also played a role. Hue was also involved in the McCarron non trade.

Also AJ McCarron is on the Houston Texans, but your point still stands.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm not surprised at all. This franchise has basically sucked under MB for 29 years now, might as well go for 35.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jungle Noise logic:

Team that want to win trade for good players

Bengals don't want to trade their good players

Bengals are stupid losers.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: AJ, Geno, Carlos are all no only good players, they are great players. No one is going to trade for our bad players, and since it's an 11 man game, the bad bring down the good.... along with coaching.

Dunlap has been a good player. Not great. He has had one season of double digit sacks.

Hard to call AJ great anymore when he can't get on the field. Geno has been a great player, not sure that description fits him now.

All 3 of those players are North of 30 years old and on the decline but certainly still hold quite a bit of trade value RIGHT NOW. The problem with this organization is they won't admit they are in a rebuild phase and deal players who won't be contributors on this team 3-4 years down the road to stockpile draft picks. There are only two ways you rebuild. You either have to be active in bringing in top tier free agents coupled with a few good drafts, or you need to trade players who have value and won't be part of the rebuild and build mostly through the draft. Since we KNOW the Bengals won't pay for top tier free agents, the ONLY way to rebuild is through the draft. The quickest way to do that is stockpile draft picks. This organization must be kidding themselves if they think they are going to field mostly the same team next year and be competitive with just a standard draft. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:26 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Dunlap has been a good player. Not great. He has had one season of double digit sacks.

Hard to call AJ great anymore when he can't get on the field. Geno has been a great player, not sure that description fits him now.

All 3 of those players are North of 30 years old and on the decline but certainly still hold quite a bit of trade value RIGHT NOW. The problem with this organization is they won't admit they are in a rebuild phase and deal players who won't be contributors on this team 3-4 years down the road to stockpile draft picks. There are only two ways you rebuild. You either have to be active in bringing in top tier free agents coupled with a few good drafts, or you need to trade players who have value and won't be part of the rebuild and build mostly through the draft. Since we KNOW the Bengals won't pay for top tier free agents, the ONLY way to rebuild is through the draft. The quickest way to do that is stockpile draft picks. This organization must be kidding themselves if they think they are going to field mostly the same team next year and be competitive with just a standard draft. 

Cleveland sold the house and had so many draft picks, it was like they were picking every other time. How's that working out for them? There's no magic recipe.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:07 AM)jason Wrote: I don't remember if they came right out and said they weren't going to trade Palmer. I do know that Mike Brown was content to be a stubborn ass, and let him sit to prove some point. When Jason Campbell got hurt, and Hue Jackson had the Raiders at 8 wins they got desperate, and made an offer he couldn't refuse. Mike's familiarity with Hue may have also played a role. Hue was also involved in the McCarron non trade.

Also AJ McCarron is on the Houston Texans, but your point still stands.

Raiders were 4-2 when JC got hurt and they traded for Palmer.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:26 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Dunlap has been a good player. Not great. He has had one season of double digit sacks.

They're afraid if they admit they're rebuilding and start trading players ticket sales will drop even more. What they're not taking into account is if they would actually commit to trying to produce a winner they would recover much quicker and sales would soar down the road in a couple seasons.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Jungle Noise logic:

Team that want to win trade for good players

Bengals don't want to trade their good players

Bengals are stupid losers.

So...a few things about the good players.

1. They're on the wrong side of 30.
2. Some of them don't live up to their reputation in game time (Atkins, Dunlap, Eifert)
3. Some of them are on the final years of their contract and will get great offers in FA, so there's the chance that they'll walk and the Bengals will get nothing in return.
4. We've tried winning with them for almost a decade. How many more seasons does it take to realize you can't win with them? I'm not saying they're not winners. They're just not winners in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:36 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: So...a few things about the good players.

1. They're on the wrong side of 30.
2. Some of them don't live up to their reputation in game time (Atkins, Dunlap, Eifert)
3. Some of them are on the final years of their contract and will get great offers in FA, so there's the chance that they'll walk and the Bengals will get nothing in return.
4. We've tried winning with them for almost a decade. How many more seasons does it take to realize you can't win with them? I'm not saying they're not winners. They're just not winners in Cincinnati.

Then why would teams that want to win give anything for them?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
More reading hilarity!

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1188429622654001152?s=19
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Then why would teams that want to win give anything for them?

They won't give "anything" for them. They will give the appropriate value for a player that would be a PIECE of contributing on a winning roster. 
Reply/Quote
Alright, it's official.

I hate Duke Tobin.
Reply/Quote
The ONLY shot this team has to win in the foreseeable future given the organizational free agency philosophy is to blow this team up and draft to rebuild. They are too dumb and stubborn to do it.
Reply/Quote
Obviously. Can’t break up a team like this.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Of course not, because 0-7 is just dandy.
Reply/Quote
FANS - I want us to trade players and get free agents and stuff.
MB - That's not the way we do things here.
FANS- But other team owners let them trade players and...
MB - I'm not other teams' owner, I'm your owner.
FANS - Ugh, as soon as I turn 18 I'm so outta here!
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:39 AM)Fullrock Wrote: More reading hilarity!

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1188429622654001152?s=19

I can’t take much more of this.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote