Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rapoport: The Bengals have told anyone who listen they don't plan on doing any deals
(10-27-2019, 09:24 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: That's the messed up part.

Their denial is going to push back a rebuild 2-3 years.

It's been a 28+ year rebuild my friend.

And when this team does get to 9-7 or 10-6...that's the golden ages and they shift their resources to maintaining that instead of adding players to try to go 11-5 or 12-4 and content for a SB.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm sure Mikey is happy that you're so concerned about his money. But I'll take the better players. 

Oh, he's made it perfectly clear he couldn't care less what any fan wants from, or for, his product. To hell with them...

I love how you're so quick to remind others that there's no guarantees this team isn't a contender with just a couple of moves and the return of Green and Eifert. Yet you'll in turn quickly guarantse that Atkins, or Dunlap, or whoever, is guaranteed the better player than the draft pick and players brought in from their cap savings.  You state it as fact. Funny how that works.

But by all means, let's keep this core in tact. Couldn't win a playoff game in their prime, haven't even been to the playoffs 4 straight years, that are now 0-8!!!!! Let's keep this aging group together!  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 07:55 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You're (intentionally?) leaving out cap savings. It's not just a pick for a player, it's a pick + cap room for a player.

Agreed.  Cap savings allow for the opportunity to sign young, premium FA with many good years ahead of them.  The argument that trading an older player for a pick is futile because you're creating a hole ignores a simple fact: players don't play forever.  That hypothetical hole that is going to be created is going to be there in a few years time no matter what you do.  At least with a draft pick you have a chance at retaining a quality player for 4 or 5 years, plus tag years if you really like them.  There's a lot more potential upside in a pick that may be random than a player who you KNOW will be out of the league in 7 years time.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:35 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Oh, he's made it perfectly clear he couldn't care less what any fan wants from, or for, his product. To hell with them...

I love how you're so quick to remind others that there's no guarantees this team isn't a contender with just a couple of moves and the return of Green and Eifert. Yet you'll in turn quickly guarantse that Atkins, or Dunlap, or whoever, is guaranteed the better player than the draft pick and players brought in from their cap savings.  You state it as fact. Funny how that works.

But by all means, let's keep this core in tact. Couldn't win a playoff game in their prime, haven't even been to the playoffs 4 straight years, that are now 0-8!!!!! Let's keep this aging group together!  Hilarious

It boils down to being 0-8 and thinking you're close to being 5-3 or 6-2 and thinking AJ Green, Jonah, and Glenn will get you over the hump.

Or ) Trading those guys and replacing them with younger, likely less productive talent. And relying on the coaches to develop that talent. Our draft this year has been terrible on the field.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:35 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Oh, he's made it perfectly clear he couldn't care less what any fan wants from, or for, his product. To hell with them...

It's already been shown to you that last year we were the youngest team in the NFL, But it probably serves you better to ignore that fact and go with the "aging core" narrative. You've already got the torches lit; it's not like facts are that important at this point. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's already been shown to you that last year we were the youngest team in the NFL, But it probably serves you better to ignore that fact and go with the "aging core" narrative. You've already got the torches lit; it's not like facts are that important at this point. 

Our star players like Atkins, Green, and Dunlap are indeed aging. 2 of those guys are borderline HOF guys.

I don't think any of the past 5 years yielded any guys that we'll be talking about as borderline HOF guys.

But, we are indeed young overall. I suppose you're both right!
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 07:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you are laughing that means you don't care about losing.

You're right Fred. I actually don't anymore. Prior to last year I made the choice to become a fair weather Bengals fan. It's been awesome. I enjoy every one of my Sundays now. 

Why was I so emotionally invested in a team that cares so little about winning? Admittedly they sucked me back in a little bit with the firing of Marvin, but that excitement quickly faded. Sure, Id love it if the team started winning. That'd be great, but I'm not going to get upset when the product they put out on the field is a literal joke.  :andy:
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Jungle Noise logic:

Team that want to win trade for good players

Bengals don't want to trade their good players

Bengals are stupid losers.

Bengal logic:

0-8. We're good. Lets hold tight to what we have.

They're record is what makes them losers. Not even trying to do anything to change it is what makes them stupid in most peoples opinion. 

But I'm sure we're all stupid for wanting to see them try to do anything to improve now or in the future. They tried somewhat int he offseason but thats been a huge miss. So what now, just wait it out because really these guys are actually good players? Then you better start re-evaluating the coaching. Because something needs to change.
Reply/Quote
My hero!

I think Eifert gets traded today.

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I get it.  I just think it will be very hard to find a player as good as Geno with a third round pick.  Same for Dunlap with a fourth.  So we end up with more money but also more holes to fill.

If these guys were 33-35 then I can see your point, but Dunlap is just 30 and Atkins 31.  I don't see them as being used up yet.

So in your opinion, these guys have maybe 2 years of good play left. What are we keeping them for again? The odds of this team contending in 2020 are slim at best. So we're losing out on draft picks so - hopefully - these guys can help us contend for 1 year starting in 2021?

Facepalm

(10-27-2019, 09:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's already been shown to you that last year we were the youngest team in the NFL, But it probably serves you better to ignore that fact and go with the "aging core" narrative. You've already got the torches lit; it's not like facts are that important at this point. 

Who would you say is the core of this team?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 03:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So in your opinion, these guys have maybe 2 years of good play left. What are we keeping them for again? The odds of this team contending in 2020 are slim at best. So we're losing out on draft picks so - hopefully - these guys can help us contend for 1 year starting in 2021?

Facepalm

Who would you say is the core of this team?

We no longer have a Core on this team. He was beaten out for a roster spot by Willis.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Cant have any excitement during the season. I'd much rather have a draft coming up with a top 3 pick, another 1st and 2 or more 2nd rounders to look forward to.

Not to mention playing Finley now and try to see if they even need a QB
Reply/Quote
So this means, IF we win 3 or 4 games to finish the year...they'll be like 'Great we finished 3-5 or 4-4. We just need Jonah healthy and we're a playoff team!'

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote