Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns On the Clock
(04-12-2018, 01:13 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Noooo
I'm praying not Mayfield, but like you, I think that's their pick. Hue seems to get giddy when talking about Mayfield.

I don't know why people keep dismissing him. If he was 2 inches taller, he'd be the Number 1 pick with out a doubt.

He’s just not that good of an NFL qb. He’s a slightly better Manziel. Great college qb but won’t be special at this level.

That said he is confident as hell and Hue loves confidence in his players, especially QB’s so who knows.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 01:42 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I'm hearing it's Darnold from multiple credible sources. Now, what do I know? Probably not much, but that's what my Brownie lifers are saying. 

They figure they can still get Chubb or Barkley at #4. I also heard a rumour of a trade back at #4.

I'm going with Darnold at #1 for C-land.

I hope like hell they pass on Barkley, a move that would haunt them for years to come.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 02:34 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He’s just not that good of an NFL qb. He’s a slightly better Manziel. Great college qb but won’t be special at this level.

That said he is confident as hell and Hue loves confidence in his players, especially QB’s so who knows.

Man, i almost always agree with you LF40, but not here. I don't understand the Manziel comparisons to Mayfield.

Mayfield has great pocket awareness and can throw his Receivers open. Rare skillset for a QB.

I think he is the best QB in this draft, but if the Stains take him he could be the next Manziel LMAO!

QB's go to die in Cleveland man, i pitty the next one to go there, being Josh Allen lol
Reply/Quote
Browns go for Josh Allen first pick.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 01:39 PM)Synric Wrote: But those 2 inches are important or we would see alot more 6 foot QBs. 

Lol this group of QBs all have huge flaws.

Josh Allen - inaccurate.
Josh Rosen - statue cannot throw while moving.
Sam Darnold - windup thats just asking to be stripped.
Baker Mayfield - short get ready for batted balls.

Drew Brees doesn't seem to have a problem with batted balls and is very accurate. I really see it as more of a system thing. If he ends up in NO, he will be a HOFer. I'm not sure Cleveland is a good landing spot for him. QB's seem to fizzle there and I'd hate for that to happen to Baker.
Reply/Quote
It's simple really... The browns have said they like all 3 qbs not much difference, so Barkley at 1, then one qb of Allen, Rosen, darnold at 4. And if Giants go Chubb which is certainly likely then 2 out of 3 qbs at 4.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 02:22 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Its gotta be Barkley for them here.  They signed a QB already this offseason.  Not saying they won't get one at 4, but for the first pick, its Barkley. 
I really doubt Dorsey (Browns GM) takes a RB #1 overall after having never done it before in his career. This is the same guy that everyone in KC gave credit for picking Kareem Hunt last year. He has seen success drafting a RB in the later rounds and as a side note they haven't worked out Barkley, Chubb or Minkah Fitzpatrick

I see Barkley falling to 6 or 7 with Indy or Tampa being over the moon with their luck
BENGALdawg
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 05:37 PM)BengalDawg Wrote: I really doubt Dorsey (Browns GM) takes a RB #1 overall after having never done it before in his career. This is the same guy that everyone in KC gave credit for picking Kareem Hunt last year. He has seen success drafting a RB in the later rounds and as a side note they haven't worked out Barkley, Chubb or Minkah Fitzpatrick

I see Barkley falling to 6 or 7 with Indy or Tampa being over the moon with their luck

Dorsey also has never seen a rb like Barkley in his career. Sure hunt did well, but also had great offense. I mean ur talking about the closest thing ever seen to Barry Sanders.ur not passing that uo for a qb that played like garbage but has potential. Maybe for Chubb but not a qb. 
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 05:30 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Drew Brees doesn't seem to have a problem with batted balls and is very accurate. I really see it as more of a system thing. If he ends up in NO, he will be a HOFer. I'm not sure Cleveland is a good landing spot for him. QB's seem to fizzle there and I'd hate for that to happen to Baker.

And Dalton is a short 6'2 and has issues with batted balls. There is a solid reasoning behind prototypes.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 05:50 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Dorsey also has never seen a rb like Barkley in his career. Sure hunt did well, but also had great offense. I mean ur talking about the closest thing ever seen to Barry Sanders.ur not passing that uo for a qb that played like garbage but has potential. Maybe for Chubb but not a qb. 

Barry Sanders won a single playoff game because.....wait for it.....the Lions drafted a bust QB at #7 overall and spent the rest of Barry's career starting QBs that were drafted at:

319 (yes, this was a thing)
undrafted
undrafted

If Barkley is good enough to resurrect the Browns then their phone should be ringing off the hook for teams looking to trade up to take him and/or we should be furious we traded down to fix our o-line.  

Anywho, I know the poll is over but I'd be surprised if they took anyone but Darnold at #1 overall.
Reply/Quote
Would think their track record at drafting QB's early would be enough to scare them away from that direction.

Think Barkley is the guy

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 12:04 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Barry Sanders won a single playoff game because.....wait for it.....the Lions drafted a bust QB at #7 overall and spent the rest of Barry's career starting QBs that were drafted at:

319 (yes, this was a thing)
undrafted
undrafted

If Barkley is good enough to resurrect the Browns then their phone should be ringing off the hook for teams looking to trade up to take him and/or we should be furious we traded down to fix our o-line.  

Anywho, I know the poll is over but I'd be surprised if they took anyone but Darnold at #1 overall.

I'm not really understanding ur argument tbh. There is little to no separation between darnold, Allen, Rosen. So the Giants more than. Likely will go Chubb. So if u go Barkley at 1 Giants go Chubb, and jets go qb u still get ur pick of 2 of the top 3 qbs. And u get Barkley on top of that. So let's say darnold goes 3. So browns could add either Josh Allen or Josh Rosen and saquan Barkley to an offense that already features Gordon, Landry, and Coleman, not to mention njoku and Duke Johnson. Top 10 offense right there.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 07:32 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I'm not really understanding ur argument tbh. There is little to no separation between darnold, Allen, Rosen. So the Giants more than. Likely will go Chubb. So if u go Barkley at 1 Giants go Chubb, and jets go qb u still get ur pick of 2 of the top 3 qbs. And u get Barkley on top of that. So let's say darnold goes 3. So browns could add either Josh Allen or Josh Rosen and saquan Barkley to an offense that already features Gordon, Landry, and Coleman, not to mention njoku and Duke Johnson. Top 10 offense right there.

Ida know, the idea that this draft is one that has the best RB to come out in nearly 30 years along with 3 or 4 QBs that are interchangeable just doesn't seem possible.  

The Browns need to get the best QB of the bunch, and if they're paying a front office to say "Meh, they're all mostly the same let's just take the one the Giants, and Jets don't want" they're overpaying their GM.  Again, I can't see the future, but the Browns using the #1 overall pick on a RB while the best RB in the league is being laughed at for wanting to make as much money as someone like Mike Glennon and then being ok with letting other teams dictate the QB they get could really go a long way in keeping the Browns' streak of crappiness alive.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 06:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know, the idea that this draft is one that has the best RB to come out in nearly 30 years along with 3 or 4 QBs that are interchangeable just doesn't seem possible.  

The Browns need to get the best QB of the bunch, and if they're paying a front office to say "Meh, they're all mostly the same let's just take the one the Giants, and Jets don't want" they're overpaying their GM.  Again, I can't see the future, but the Browns using the #1 overall pick on a RB while the best RB in the league is being laughed at for wanting to make as much money as someone like Mike Glennon and then being ok with letting other teams dictate the QB they get could really go a long way in keeping the Browns' streak of crappiness alive.
But it's not just the browns. That's what I'm saying. All the teams reportedly don't have a number 1 qb it's all over the place. Jiper and mccshay base their mocks based on what their hearing from teams.... And their is no consensus top qb or even the top 3 order. Reportedly if the Allen rumors of late are true then they can still get Allen at 4. Bc jets will go darnold. Again darnold looked like trash most of last year, as did Allen. Rosen looks like the best of the bunch but he'll be there at 4 as well unless jets take him.  It's a deep qb class,  but u pass on a guy who imo will be just as good as leveon bell immideately. And not to mention it's already been emphatically stated that Taylor is the starter in 2018. So the qb would sit all season anyway.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 12:57 AM)Jpoore Wrote: But it's not just the browns. That's what I'm saying. All the teams reportedly don't have a number 1 qb it's all over the place. Jiper and mccshay base their mocks based on what their hearing from teams.... And their is no consensus top qb or even the top 3 order. Reportedly if the Allen rumors of late are true then they can still get Allen at 4. Bc jets will go darnold. Again darnold looked like trash most of last year, as did Allen. Rosen looks like the best of the bunch but he'll be there at 4 as well unless jets take him.  It's a deep qb class,  but u pass on a guy who imo will be just as good as leveon bell immideately. And not to mention it's already been emphatically stated that Taylor is the starter in 2018. So the qb would sit all season anyway.

I don't doubt Barkley will be good if not great, but the NFL just isn't designed for RBs any more.  By the time the Browns get their window open (if ever) Barkley is going to want to make as much money as a backup QB and people are going to laugh in his face like they are with Bell.  Well, maybe.

Anyways, thanks for debating.  It will be interesting to see what actually happens, but I'm still thinking Darnold at #1 and Chubb or Barkley at #4.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 09:37 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't doubt Barkley will be good if not great, but the NFL just isn't designed for RBs any more.  By the time the Browns get their window open (if ever) Barkley is going to want to make as much money as a backup QB and people are going to laugh in his face like they are with Bell.  Well, maybe.

Anyways, thanks for debating.  It will be interesting to see what actually happens, but I'm still thinking Darnold at #1 and Chubb or Barkley at #4.

I agree with ur premise, just disagree with ur conclusion. I think rb at 1 bc u know a great qb is gonna be there. But I think Barkley at 1 and Allen at 4. But time will tell. As long as Bengals get a great player I'm cool with whatever.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 11:59 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I agree with ur premise, just disagree with ur conclusion. I think rb at 1 bc u know a great qb is gonna be there. But I think Barkley at 1 and Allen at 4. But time will tell. As long as Bengals get a great player I'm cool with whatever.

Right-o.  I just think the Browns have a better chance if they take the best QB at 1 and the best defensive player (especially if it is Chubb) at #4.  If Barkley is as sought after as many say then the Giants will take him at #2 and the Jets take the 2nd QB off the board at 3 and the Browns get Chubb.

The key to success in the NFL today is passing the ball and preventing the other team from passing the ball, so those two players should (in theory) go the furthest in getting the Browns out of their hole.  They're so far behind the eight ball that I don't think it would be wise for them to gamble on the upside of an inaccurate QB like Allen, or hope they can be the first franchise strapped to the back of a RB since Jim Brown.

Methinks the Browns need to play it safe and go with what works in the NFL.  If they do and they still blow it, well...no shame there, maybe?
Reply/Quote