Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rat Turds @ home and Huntley
(12-21-2021, 10:27 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: They'd have to WAY overpay to convince the Ravens to trade him within the division. I don't know if that'd be worth it for either team.

Plus, it would have to be a team looking to build an offense like Baltimore's, that focuses on having a running QB. Most coaches prefer pure pocket passers since they last longer.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 11:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: Huntley is not even close to as good as Lamar…at anything. Mark Andrew’s is very good though, that’s really who made that Packers game interesting.

This is 10000% the correct answer. 

Mark Andrews is going to be a problem for us. You guys saw what Kittle did to us, right? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 11:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: Huntley is not even close to as good as Lamar…at anything. Mark Andrew’s is very good though, that’s really who made that Packers game interesting.

I don't know dude. Huntley seemed to make quick reads and zip the ball to the open man more effectively than Lamar when I watched the game. Announcers were mentioning how Ravens coaches praise him for the ability. They didn't outright say, "He's better than Lamar" so I'm not suggesting that, but I wouldn't dismiss Huntley as having skills. Lamar's game doesn't include a high percentage of passes completed so Huntley might have a one up on him.

Agreed about Andrews though, he's either the best or second best TE in football (Kelce/Andrews debate). I'm not sure how the Bengals defense stops him at all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 10:54 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This is 10000% the correct answer. 

Mark Andrews is going to be a problem for us. You guys saw what Kittle did to us, right? 

Doh, just made an agreeing post about the TE position as trouble for us. We couldn't stop Kittle so how do we stop Andrews? I'm not sure what the Bengals defensive squad can do. 
Reply/Quote
Its easy for decent backups to decent for stretches see Mccarron, Foles, Mike White, Cooper Rush, Huntley is Lamar light imo wait til D coordinators get more tape on him.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 10:59 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Doh, just made an agreeing post about the TE position as trouble for us. We couldn't stop Kittle so how do we stop Andrews? I'm not sure what the Bengals defensive squad can do. 

Break his legs?Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 10:27 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: They'd have to WAY overpay to convince the Ravens to trade him within the division. I don't know if that'd be worth it for either team.

He's currently on a one year deal
Reply/Quote
I am far more concerned about facing Tyler Huntley then I am Lamar Jackson. We know what Lamar brings to the table and we know how to stop it. With Tyler we have absolutely no idea. He throws reasonably well and he runs effectively when he has to; let’s not forget the Ravens put up 30 points against the Packers yesterday. I think if Lou Anarumo concocts a plan to “plaster cover” Mark Andrews we may have a chance.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 12:13 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: He's currently on a one year deal

After which he'd be an exclusive rights free agent. So all Baltimore has to do is offer him a league minimum salary and he must re-sign with them.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 08:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Maybe by resume, but Lamar has been awful for the 2nd half of this year and if you want to blame the injuries around him, it has been the same team that Huntley has thrived with.  

I am not at all opposed to what Harbaugh did with the 2 point attempts, as people seem to completely discount the lack of depth they already have and how playing an extra quarter in a game really wipes you out for the next game.  Maybe the play selection could be better, but I understood the move.  They are very close to being 10-4 instead of 8-6.  That is a hell of a job given their roster decimation.

My point is Huntley isn't as good as this narrative running around right now. He is playing at a replacement level to slightly above replacement level in the passing game. They are actually doing a lot to hide his inexperience currently and that will get exposed. Mark Andrews is playing at an elite level which is what spurred his stats and is really what is carrying the narrative of Huntley. We have seen this play out many times, who remember Matt Flynn?

The two point conversion was fine....Huntley missed the wide open receiver in the back of the end zone.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 12:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Break his legs?Sarcasm

Hmmm. Time for Shelvin to get on the field?
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 10:54 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This is 10000% the correct answer. 

Nailed it. No idea how we stopped him the first time.
He is a BEAST. Just like Kittle
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 01:44 PM)Whacked Wrote: Nailed it. No idea how we stopped him the first time.  
He is a BEAST. Just like Kittle

We actually put Flowers on him on all 3rd and longs because of his size and speed and it worked well. I expect we may go to that again, but it'll be curious if the Ravens have adjusted to the 3rd and long cloud coverage scheme we were doing playing the sticks and blitzing from the 1st game.
Reply/Quote
Andrews also only had 3 receptions in the first game against the Ravens. Baltimore was still in their run mode offense and tried to get Lamar his carries. He had 88 yards and 7.3 yards per attempt. I think the Ravens adapt this game and pass more. Thus, AU is correct, time to be worried about Andrews.
Reply/Quote
Good thing is both play very similar, with Lamar being more likely to run... but he also fumbles more. I think he's had quite a couple of fumbles in the redzone early this season.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 11:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: From what I saw of him last week, he is a pocket  passer who is still an excellent runner. After a couple games most backups show why they are backups, but every once in a while they show they shouldn’t be.

True and hopefully Huntley plays like a backup against us. Who knows though, backups notoriously have gave our teams
troubles. Also yes Huntley is an excellent runner, he just isn't Lamar who might be the best running QB ever.

(12-21-2021, 10:27 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Jackson had an OL with Stanley, Yanda, and Brown Jr, the 3rd scoring defense, and both a 1k and 700 yard RB (both at 5.0+ YPC) his MVP season.

His supporting cast has become less outstanding over the last two years and his numbers have reflected that.

I think Lamar Jackson at the end of the day falls more in the Alex Smith/Dak Prescott category of QBs. Probably above Smith, but below Prescott. I really hope the Ravens pay Lamar like he's an elite QB so they'll be crushed by huge cap hits for an overpaid QB for a couple years before they figure it out/can get out from it. (Same hope for the Browns and Baker.)

Completely agree, hope they pay Lamar Mahomes money which would in turn prevent them from building their team up.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 10:59 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Doh, just made an agreeing post about the TE position as trouble for us. We couldn't stop Kittle so how do we stop Andrews? I'm not sure what the Bengals defensive squad can do. 

We kept Andrews from hurting us the last time we played. Put Trey Flowers on him like we did before.

Slowing Andrews down is the key no doubt. Stop the run and contain Andrews and we win IMO.
Reply/Quote

[Image: ab-burfict.gif]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 05:11 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: ab-burfict.gif]

We gonna bring in Taze just for this game? Lol
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 05:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We gonna bring in Taze just for this game? Lol

Umm, yes.  Mellow

[Image: Burfict-Hit-Ben.0.gif]

[Image: Tez.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote