26-32 Among the worst in the NFL
0%
0 0%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate the OGs
The time has come to rank the big uglies.

Here’s how the voting has gone thus far:
QB: 9-12 (no votes below 16th)
RB: 6-10 (19% had them top 5 and 25% had them average)
WR: 11-15 (No votes for top 5 or below 20)
TE: 6-12 (only 2 votes below 12th)
OT: 7-13 (90% of the votes had them in the top 13)

As always here’s the competition:

ARZ- Mike Iupati, Evan Mathis
ATL- James Stone, Andy Levitre
BAL- Marshall Yanda, John Urschel
BUF- John Miller, Richie Incognito
CAR- Trai Turner, Andrew Norwell
CHI- Kyle Long, Cody Whitehair
CLV- John Greco, Joel Bitonio
DAL- Zack Martin, La’el Collins
DEN- Robert Myers, Max Garcia
DET-Larry Warford, Laken Tomlinson
GBP- TJ Lang, Josh Sitton
HOU- Jeff Allen, Xavier Su’a-Filo
IND- Hugh Thornton, Joe Reitz
JAX- AJ Cann, Mackenzy Bernadeau
KCC- Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, Jarrod Pughsley
LAR- Jamon Brown, Rodger Saffold
MIA- Billy Turner, Dallas Thomas
MIN- Mike Harris, Alex Boone
NEP- Jonathan Cooper, Shaq Mason
NOS- Tim Lelito, Andrus Peat
NYG- John Jerry, Justin Pugh
NYJ- Brian Winters, James Carpenter
OAK- Gabe Jackson, Kelechi Osemele
PHI- Brandon Brooks, Allen Barbre
PIT- David DeCastro, Ramon Foster
SDC- DJ Fluker, Orlando Franklin
SEA- Germain Ifedi, Justin Britt
SFF- Zane Beadles, Joshua Garnett
TBB- Ali Marpet, JR Sweezy
TEN- Chance Warmack, Ben Jones
WAS- Brandon Scherff, Spencer Long
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I voted among the best. Boling has been playing great as of late.

Zeitler is also very good, i don't think he has played up to his potential yet either.

Need to get him re-signed before he does.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 03:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I voted among the best. Boling has been playing great as of late.

Zeitler is also very good, i don't think he has played up to his potential yet either.

Need to get him re-signed before he does.

Agreed. And I think he'll only look better with a better tackle beside him.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 03:42 PM)Benton Wrote: Agreed. And I think he'll only look better with a better tackle beside him.

Hopefully Ogbuehi helps him out. Looked good last year in limited time.

Would also help him with better Center play. Hoping either Bodine improves or Westerman can become a good Center for us.

We could have the best OL in football if some of these things happen.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 03:42 PM)Benton Wrote: Agreed. And I think he'll only look better with a better tackle beside him.

It wasn't the tackle that was making him look bad. It was the guy to his left.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 04:02 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It wasn't the tackle that was making him look bad. It was the guy to his left.

He's most likely staying, but we will be seeing a new tackle. Hopefully having some consistency to his right will improve Zeitler's game even more.
Reply/Quote
I got ARZ, DAL, BAL ahead of us and DET as the most promising.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Voted 6-10 meant top 5 I only see 3 ahead of us and maybe 2 even
Reply/Quote
They are an average combo. They have the potential to be really good. As soon as they don't have to keep wiping the ass of a weak ass Center, they can focus on their own jobs.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Boling finally looked effective in 2015, but I want to see it again for proof. Big Z has been good since he came to us, only having a couple of bad outings. Both would benefit from a competent Center.
Reply/Quote
I'd guess that they're top 10 in pass pro and slightly above average in run blocking. I said that they weren't top 10 material because they don't always seem to be able to blow open holes in the run game like you'd expect an elite pair of guards to do. Could it all be Bodine's fault? Maybe. Could they be a tad overrated on here? Maybe. Either way they're a really good pair of guards that most teams would take in a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
My gut without thinking about other teams guard tandems said top 10, after looking through that less than impressive list I voted top 5. Potential is definitely there to be top 3 but wouldn't put them that high.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 09:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They are an average combo.  They have the potential to be really good.  As soon as they don't have to keep wiping the ass of a weak ass Center, they can focus on their own jobs.

Agreed,

It's kinda hard to say where they really are with the turnstile between them. Hopefully Bodine either gets much better this season or gets replaced.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 10:56 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I'd guess that they're top 10 in pass pro and slightly above average in run blocking. I said that they weren't top 10 material because they don't always seem to be able to blow open holes in the run game like you'd expect an elite pair of guards to do. Could it all be Bodine's fault? Maybe. Could they be a tad overrated on here? Maybe. Either way they're a really good pair of guards that most teams would take in a heartbeat.

The biggest gripe that I have with their run blocking, is being able to move the pile for that "needed" yard or two, in obvious situations, as well as stuffing the blitz up the middle, in obvious passing situations.  A lot of this, I pin on Bodine, as he simply does not have the "ass drive" to move a big man off of the ball.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 07:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The biggest gripe that I have with their run blocking, is being able to move the pile for that "needed" yard or two, in obvious situations, as well as stuffing the blitz up the middle, in obvious passing situations.  A lot of this, I pin on Bodine, as he simply does not have the "ass drive" to move a big man off of the ball.

You have "ass" on the brain today Sunset...
Reply/Quote
Rate the OGs? Let's see...

Easy E - B+
Ice Tea - C
Nate Dogg - A-
2pac - A
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I've always thought the weakness of this team is the interior OL. I don't think they are bad, I just don't think they are great. That said, I do think they are the type to keep improving and should continue to do so. I know Hill didn't have a great year last year, but I blame that on his dancing in the backfield for 2 seconds.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2016, 12:20 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I've always thought the weakness of this team is the interior OL. I don't think they are bad, I just don't think they are great. That said, I do think they are the type to keep improving and should continue to do so. I know Hill didn't have a great year last year, but I blame that on his dancing in the backfield for 2 seconds.

Not the interior OL, the Center is the weakness.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 08:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You have "ass" on the brain today Sunset...

Well, it is where the driving power comes from..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote