Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th
(10-12-2015, 09:11 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: There's only so much you can do with that dumpster fire at CB. Even Jimmy Smith has looked flat out terrible at times.

Coming into this season, Smith was a good corner. Webb is slow after two surgeries, but they're serviceable. The schemes have been absolute garbage. I've watched them line up 8 yards off the receiver on a 3rd and 2. 

The only thing I won't put on them was that Barnidge TD between the legs. It was a good play on the D, it was just fluky that he landed in a way where the ball got stuck between his legs. Though I question how it was ruled a TD when he was short and had been touched going down to the ground. It should have been 1st and goal from the 1.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:38 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Coming into this season, Smith was a good corner. Webb is slow after two surgeries, but they're serviceable. The schemes have been absolute garbage. I've watched them line up 8 yards off the receiver on a 3rd and 2. 

The only thing I won't put on them was that Barnidge TD between the legs. It was a good play on the D, it was just fluky that he landed in a way where the ball got stuck between his legs. Though I question how it was ruled a TD when he was short and had been touched going down to the ground. It should have been 1st and goal from the 1.

Could it be that he was touched before he had possession?  I saw the play, but I didn't pay much attention as to whether he was down or not.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:40 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Could it be that he was touched before he had possession?  I saw the play, but I didn't pay much attention as to whether he was down or not.

I thought he was, but that must be the case. 

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:48 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I thought he was, but that must be the case. 

yeah i dont think they consider it possession till he has it in his hands... until that point its still a live ball that could be dropped if it touches the ground etc. good play by the TE overall very crazy.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah i dont think they consider it possession till he has it in his hands...  until that point its still a live ball that could be dropped if it touches the ground etc.  good play by the TE  overall very crazy.

Ravens still have a shot to make it to #1 in the power rankings. 

Next year. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 02:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ravens still have a shot to make it to #1 in the power rankings. 

Next year. 

damn lions are in the way of them being the first on the other end lol
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:38 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Coming into this season, Smith was a good corner. Webb is slow after two surgeries, but they're serviceable. The schemes have been absolute garbage. I've watched them line up 8 yards off the receiver on a 3rd and 2. 

I agree with you.
I'm surprised your coach didn't whip out the red flag.
To be fair though, I think they could have gotten in from the one.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:05 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Fact:Ravens best weapon is their kicker.

Never seen a Defense that bad.

Well, you have.  You're just not used to it being the one on your sideline...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Trading Ngata away means that the Ravens S's have to honor the run more.  Losing Suggs to injury means the Ravens have to blitz their DB's more to help the pass rush.  Both of these mean less help over the top for the CB's, who aren't good enough to hold up in press man without help.  
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 08:18 PM)Whatever Wrote: Trading Ngata away means that the Ravens S's have to honor the run more.  Losing Suggs to injury means the Ravens have to blitz their DB's more to help the pass rush.  Both of these mean less help over the top for the CB's, who aren't good enough to hold up in press man without help.  

Losing Suggs was bigger than Ngata. Brandon Williams is good enough. And they're doing a good enough job stopping the run. Bell lit them up, but they're still ranked 14th in yard allowed, tied 7th for yards per attempt, and that's with teams rushing the 10th most on them (so it's not just teams ignoring the run because the pass works).

But when you're assuming that your #1 pass rusher won't have a season ending injury midway week 1, you can choose to not pay your #3 the #1 money he is getting from Chicago. But, yea, Smith has regressed and Webb just looks old. They need help. Fortunately we traded for that back up cornerback Will Davis... oh, he's out for the season...
Draft pick well traded. lol...

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 09:48 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Losing Suggs was bigger than Ngata. Brandon Williams is good enough. And they're doing a good enough job stopping the run. Bell lit them up, but they're still ranked 14th in yard allowed, tied 7th for yards per attempt, and that's with teams rushing the 10th most on them (so it's not just teams ignoring the run because the pass works).

But when you're assuming that your #1 pass rusher won't have a season ending injury midway week 1, you can choose to not pay your #3 the #1 money he is getting from Chicago. But, yea, Smith has regressed and Webb just looks old. They need help. Fortunately we traded for that back up cornerback Will Davis... oh, he's out for the season...
Draft pick well traded. lol...

Yeah, but the Ravens had the #4 Run D last year.  That's a 10 spot free fall and going from being one of the best in the league to simply mediocre.  Teams can run the ball well enough to keep the D honest and keep out of obvious passing situations, which helps their passing game.  The loss of Ngata has hurt that D pretty badly, as well.
Reply/Quote
This thread is a great example of how dumb some so called experts are when everything pointed to the Ravens having a down year and the Bengals having a good year.

The Ravens kept losing players and replaced them with rookies and young cheap alternatives due to cap constraints. The raped their depth so any injury to a DL/pass rushing LB was gong to hurt them.

On the other hand, the Bengals got back Eifert and Jones and are likely to get back Burfict soon. They kept their core of starters and back ups and added some young guys to the mix. Simply Katie B. has been a much better executive than Ozzie since the new CBA signed in 2011. But, the media and Ravens fans are hanging on to Ozzie's past which was awesome, but has regressed significantly recently.

I love how those experts who picked the Ravens to win the division are silent now. They have to be reevaluating their picks and think WTF was I thinking as the rosters were plain to see this summer. In essence, they look like idiots and hacks with no clue now.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
You can stick a fork in the Ravens, they're done.
Reply/Quote
I love that this thread keeps getting bumped to the top of the forum. Baltimore is shitty, and it'll be that way for a while. The re-build will begin this coming offseason. The Ravens have never really sucked though...it's good to see them get theirs.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 12:52 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I love that this thread keeps getting bumped to the top of the forum.  Baltimore is shitty, and it'll be that way for a while.  The re-build will begin this coming offseason.  The Ravens have never really sucked though...it's good to see them get theirs.

As I stated Ozzie's poor decisions put them in cap hell (no depth).

I stated they win 7 games, other Ravens fans said 10 to 11. I said let's see how this pans out at the end of the year.

The Ravens are toast in 2015 in October. It is fun to see their fans suffer a bit.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 12:52 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I love that this thread keeps getting bumped to the top of the forum.  Baltimore is shitty, and it'll be that way for a while.  The re-build will begin this coming offseason.  The Ravens have never really sucked though...it's good to see them get theirs.

It's like they tapped into the mojo of who they really are at their roots, which of course is the original stains. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 01:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: As I stated Ozzie's poor decisions put them in cap hell (no depth).

I stated they win 7 games, other Ravens fans said 10 to 11. I said let's see how this pans out at the end of the year.

The Ravens are toast in 2015 in October. It is fun to see their fans suffer a bit.

You keep saying that the cap is the issue but I'm still waiting for you to tell us how exactly it has been an issue. Who exactly were we unable to sign that is causing these issues?

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 07:04 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You keep saying that the cap is the issue but I'm still waiting for you to tell us how exactly it has been an issue. Who exactly were we unable to sign that is causing these issues?

A decent qb.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 01:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: As I stated Ozzie's poor decisions put them in cap hell (no depth).

I gotta say, you had them pegged prior to the season happening.  I admit I was one that disagreed with you; however I am here to say I was wrong.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 08:24 AM)6andcounting Wrote: A decent qb.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote