Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th
(10-20-2015, 09:20 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Does anyone agree handing Pita (often injured huge money and large guaranteed contract) was a bad Ozzie move?

It turned out to be a bad contract NOW because of injury. But please explain this "often injured" phrase you keep throwing out there for NO RHYME OR REASON. Prior to the Contract he was only injured once. I wouldn't have the contract like that after that type of injury though.

(10-20-2015, 09:20 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: In 2015, Ozzie has over 21 million in dead money (not including the Pita contract)

True $21M in 15 is a lo.....but how could ANYONE have avoided most of it? Ray Rice alone is $9.5M.... Rice, Ngata, and Jones make up $19.5M of it.

(10-20-2015, 09:20 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Canty he cut him cost the team dead money and then signed him again).
In this case it worked out in the Ravens favor. Cutting Canty SAVED $2.6M versus absorbing $666,000 dead $$
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 10:40 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: True $21M in 15 is a lo.....but how could ANYONE have avoided most of it? Ray Rice alone is $9.5M.... Rice, Ngata, and Jones make up $19.5M of it.

Eh, Luvnuts had no issue being a blatant sexist on the old boards...many times. I highly doubt he thinks anything Ray Rice did was wrong, so we could assume that's why he holds that against Ozzie so much. Rolleyes

Seriously though, 100% of NFL teams sign Ray Rice to that kind of contract when the Ravens did, and 100% of NFL teams cut him after what happened in the elevator. How anybody could blame that on Ozzie is beyond me. I'll gladly throw some jabs at the Ravens for paying Average Joe a billion dollars, but I can't get on board with holding the Rice shit against the team.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 09:20 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Does anyone agree handing Pita (often injured huge money and large guaranteed contract) was a bad Ozzie move?

If so, look up his contract dollars tied up in dead money. My point is the Ravens are league leaders in dead money the past few years, That is on Ozzie.

That dead money limits him from getting other players to replace the guys like McPhee or Smith who went and got more money. Ozzie's decision to wait on Flacco (yeah, the early years were not bad, but the late years Ozzie had to be aware of when negotiating with others) and the Pita contract were bad deals. He gambled and lost on Flacco by not signing him prior to his Super Bowl year costing him 10's of millions. Then the Pita contract was beyond dumb, he paid he top TE money and the guy could not stay on the field. That was a bad enough, but then he guaranteed the money so Pita's contract has to be honored if he has a football injury, he did and now they are paying the price.

In 2015, Ozzie has over 21 million in dead money (not including the Pita contract) with Ngata over 7 million, Jacoby Jones, Canty he cut him cost the team dead money and then signed him again). How many players could have been signed for 21 million to help the Ravens? The facts are Ozzie signed guys to be bad contracts and wasted their cap space.

Why do you keep saying "often injured" when he was injured once prior to the contract? Being dishonest doesn't help your point. At the time, he was paid 2nd tier TE money for being a really good TE who had missed the first 12 games of the season due to a training camp injury. It was his FIRST injury. 

As Blitz said, it only looks bad now because he re injured it the next season. At the time, there was no indication that it would be an issue. Your arguments tend to center around Ozzie being able to see into the future and know people will get injured. No one has that ability. 

Also, we already have established that dead money was an issue. In fact, the last time you tried to argue it as all Flacco, Blitz and I pointed out that the dead money was actually a bigger issue. So, congrats on arguing what we already said instead of defending your horrible original argument.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
that flacco arm punt was a thing of beauty...elite
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 11:13 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Why do you keep saying "often injured" when he was injured once prior to the contract? Being dishonest doesn't help your point. At the time, he was paid 2nd tier TE money for being a really good TE who had missed the first 12 games of the season due to a training camp injury. It was his FIRST injury. 

As Blitz said, it only looks bad now because he re injured it the next season. At the time, there was no indication that it would be an issue. Your arguments tend to center around Ozzie being able to see into the future and know people will get injured. No one has that ability. 

Also, we already have established that dead money was an issue. In fact, the last time you tried to argue it as all Flacco, Blitz and I pointed out that the dead money was actually a bigger issue. So, congrats on arguing what we already said instead of defending your horrible original argument.

The sum of the Ozzie decisions and poor cap management/bad contracts have triggered the Ravens demise. The Flacco contract was a huge Ozzie gamble and he lost. The guaranteed portions for a player who missed 12 games was a mistake.

In the end, the dead money and in the near future the Flacco contract together are the issue and they are both major foe the short term (dead money) and the long term (Flacco being overpaid so Ozzie had no money for others for longer term deals) are why the Ravens are in and will stay in cap hell for a while. You can call me dumb, you can act like I think I am a GM (I am not), but either are you and Blitz even though you want to act like you are.

I get it. To you and Blitz and Ravens fans Ozzie is a "God" or a wizard, but in reality he is just a man, a GM who was great who is now just average.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 01:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote:  I think I am a GM (I am not),

That's all you had to say.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 02:07 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: That's all you had to say.

Classic Luvnuts style. Reading his posts are a huge headache.

He completely ignores any valid points being made by the other side, puts words into your mouth, makes strawman arguments, and then types about 20 sentences that essentially all say nothing at all.

Somebody find this man a classroom, please!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 02:12 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Classic Luvnuts style. Reading his posts are a huge headache.

He completely ignores any valid points being made by the other side, puts words into your mouth, makes strawman arguments, and then types about 20 sentences that essentially all say nothing at all.

LOL

DJS is so hated by his own fans he has to side with the enemy in the smack forum.

I could have sworn you and your Ravens buddies ignored some valid points based on your post here and theirs as well in this thread.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 02:20 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: LOL

DJS is so hated by his own fans he has to side with the enemy in the smack forum.

I could have sworn you and your Ravens buddies ignored some valid points based on your post here and theirs as well in this thread.

People love me. I just think you're a complete tool, and very, very, very unintelligent.

How on earth could I side with you in any forum when you're constantly making an ass out of yourself with every post???

The Flacco contract wasn't the smartest thing in the world, but it hasn't been holding the team back from signing outside free agents. That's like saying some of the Bengals deals have kept us from pursuing big name free agents. The Ravens just don't do that. They build through the draft, but they've been missing a LOT in the draft. They haven't been supplementing enough in free agency to support their team, which is about the extent of poor decision making that I can lay on Ozzie. As for everything else, you're just playing a genius in hindsight. Pitta wasn't "constantly injured", nobody knew Ray Rice was going to beat the shit out of women, nobody would have guessed that Suggs (or any other injured players for that matter) would be IR'd early in the year, and we can only speculate on what will happen with the next few years of Joe's contract.

SO, with all of the actual facts out there, how horrible has Ozzie really been? Poo-poo on him for a small portion of the dead money, poo-poo on him for the second half of Joe's contract that we don't even know what will come of it yet, and poo-poo on him for his team missing in the draft way too much. Anything else though, and you're just grasping desperately to bash the guy for stuff that's out of his control. We can sit here and laugh at the Ravens for where they're at in the division right now, but at least make some real arguments if you'd like to not look so damn stupid all the time. You don't even have to follow the Ravens very closely to see this stuff, so it's obvious that you're just one of the many that are full of shit with how much you pay attention to any team outside of Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 02:12 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Classic Luvnuts style. Reading his posts are a huge headache.

Why do you keep following him around making personal comments?

That's creepy.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 02:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why do you keep following him around making personal comments?

That's creepy.

He's a douche.

This is a public board.

Some people have this odd obsession with saying stuff is "creepy" on a message board. You guys realize that this stuff is all completely public information and clicking a button on this board isn't really creepy in any possible way?

Guess not. Maybe you're the "creepy" one for thinking this is so personal.

Also, define "following him around". You mean when I make a comment on his stupidity in a thread that I've already been posting in??? SO CREEPY OMG!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 02:34 PM)djs7685 Wrote: He's a douche.

This is a public board.

Some people have this odd obsession with saying stuff is "creepy" on a message board. You guys realize that this stuff is all completely public information and clicking a button on this board isn't really creepy in any possible way?

Also, define "following him around". You mean when I make a comment on his stupidity in a thread that I've already been posting in??? SO CREEPY OMG!!!!!!

It's creepy because you do it so much. 

Feel free to keep doing it. It just looks creepy.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 02:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's creepy because you do it so much. 

Feel free to keep doing it. It just looks creepy.

You've responded to a couple of my posts.

Creepy.

Ew.

Creep.

Luvnuts better thank you for derailing this so he can now just ignore any valid points the rest of us have posted in the Ozzie debate.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 02:46 PM)djs7685 Wrote: You've responded to a couple of my posts.

Creepy.

Ew.

Creep.

Luvnuts better thank you for derailing this so he can now just ignore any valid points the rest of us have posted in the Ozzie debate.

What i commented on has nothing to do with the Ozzie discussion.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 02:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What i commented on has nothing to do with the Ozzie discussion.

Which is exactly my point. Thanks for agreeing with me.
Reply/Quote

fredtoast? Confused

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
[Image: Now-Remember-Kids-The-Internet-Is-Serious-Business..jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 02:57 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: [Image: Now-Remember-Kids-The-Internet-Is-Serious-Business..jpg]

[Image: 444c2b24f5c06c5203b1a77443fb29c78fba790bc3b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 02:53 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Which is exactly my point. Thanks for agreeing with me.

You're welcome.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 02:34 PM)djs7685 Wrote: He's a douche.

This is a public board.

Douche?

Is that the best you got?

You are slipping with your lame name calling.

I can address others points (actually I did address them, but your comprehension skills suck), after you and others address how Ozzie oversees a team with major dead money year after year (recently) and can ill afford to sign his own players due to not enough cap space.

Are you and your Ravens brothers stating Ozzie has been managing the cap well? If no, then my point was made a long time ago. I also stated they were a 7 win team a long time ago, they need to go 6-4 to hit 7 wins now. Pat said a 11 win team and playoffs. They need to go 10-0 to hit 11 wins. I am very confident I was right on my 7 win prediction and the reason I stated was due to poor cap management. But keep ignoring all of this due to your jealously of me for some strange reason.

Reply/Quote