Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th
(10-27-2015, 12:39 AM)Whatever Wrote: Fact...Nine straight wins and the Ravens are right back in the playoff hunt.

they barely won 1 game what makes you think they can win 9 in a row lol...

But seriously we need to change the name of the thread from 1st in power rankings to drafting first overall..

Maybe they should send flacco to dallas... At least that team has a chance.
Reply/Quote
I have a couple points.

1. I've been seeing a lot of articles blaming the Ravens season on injuries... The Bengals were in the same shape last season but made the playoffs it was ugly but they got there. Double standard much?

2. In this thread I've seen a lot if argument from Ravens fans that paying Torrey Smith a big contract was stupid because he's not worth it. Wasn't these the same Ravens fans saying Smith was good as AJ Green a couple of years ago?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 12:41 PM)Synric Wrote: I have a couple points.

1. I've been seeing a lot of articles blaming the Ravens season on injuries... The Bengals were in the same shape last season but made the playoffs it was ugly but they got there. Double standard much?

2. In this thread I've seen a lot if argument from Ravens fans that paying Torrey Smith a big contract was stupid because he's not worth it. Wasn't these the same Ravens fans saying Smith was good as AJ Green a couple of years ago?

Aren't they the same fans who also felt Flacco contract was a great Ozzie move. Fast forward to 2016 and he has 10.5 million in cap hits now for the next few years alone. That is a number that could only go up and not down (bonus money portion of his compensation) and he is as of now almost a $30 million cap hit. But, no their fans applaud Ozzie's handling of contracts since the new CBA as he kicks the can down the road and now he will pay for that philosophy mightily. Actually, Ravens already started paying for it losing key starters/backups the past few years killing their depth and forcing rookies and young players into key roles too early.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 12:41 PM)Synric Wrote: 2. In this thread I've seen a lot if argument from Ravens fans that paying Torrey Smith a big contract was stupid because he's not worth it. Wasn't these the same Ravens fans saying Smith was good as AJ Green a couple of years ago?

Torrey sealed his fate when he turned down the extension before the 2014 season. Right player at the right price, and I agree with Oz on this one. Torrey isn't worth 8 million a year, and San Fran is figuring this out now.

Nobody....even a few years ago ever thought T Smith to be an AJ Green type of WR.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 10:54 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: they barely won 1 game what makes you think they can win 9 in a row lol...

But seriously we need to change the name of the thread from 1st in power rankings to drafting first overall..

Maybe they should send flacco to dallas... At least that team has a chance.

Well, ummm, obviously by reading all the analysis of the Ravens in this thread, they are playoff bound.  I mean stuff like "Fact...the Ravens will make the playoffs."  Facts are facts, right?  I mean, the 1-6 start is obviously just a clever ruse by those geniuses Ozzie and Harbaugh to try and mask the ridiculous amount of talent there is on that roster.  
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 06:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ranked #1 by an SI writer?  Smells like the kiss of death, to me..

Reposted for troof.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 10:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ravens are turd bait and they will not make the playoffs this year.

Good call, smart guy. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 07:24 PM)E.A. Poe Wrote: Improved from what? You guys still don't have a D and you can't pass rush for crap. Did Marv sprinkle some magic fairy dust on them or something? There were individuals on other teams that got more sacks than the entire Bengals defense. I guess thinking they are going to move up from being ranked 32nd in sacks to 31st would, technically speaking, be "an improvement". Even with the new personnel they still aren't going to be the badasses Bengal fans are apparently so proud of.

And you still have Scamdy on offense holding back the actual talent the Bengals do have and their draftee's aren't plug and play guys.

The Ravens are pretty much stacked at each position now. I would have liked one more corner (maybe even one more rusher), but everything else is good to go at this time.

So much fail, not smart guy.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 08:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So much fail, not smart guy.

But...but...the Ravens are pretty much stacked at every position.  You obviously aren't watching any of the games.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 08:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: But...but...the Ravens are pretty much stacked at every position.  You obviously aren't watching any of the games.

They're definitely stacked in the loss position.  Cool

Reply/Quote
This thread is pure gold.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Fact....the Ravens used to be the Browns.

Fact...the Ravens now suck so bad, they're losing games like the Browns do.
Reply/Quote
This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 08:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.

The amazing part is all of the facts were in place. No team can keep losing starters to trades and FA year after year and expect draft choices to step in and start or be ready to back up starters injured.

The experts missed it, but you would think the team's fans could see it coming.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 12:42 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The amazing part is all of the facts were in place. No team can keep losing starters to trades and FA year after year and expect draft choices to step in and start or be ready to back up starters injured.

The experts missed it, but you would think the team's fans could see it coming.

Wait, you're blaming this on Ngata being traded? Brandon Williams has been one of the standouts on the defense (arguably the best defensive player on the team)...

Or are you blaming it on them not paying McPhee $38m to be their #3?

Or.... what?

This argument was destroyed already. The Ravens being as bad week 10 as they were week 1 doesn't make it any less invalid. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I've been in a coma since August. Are the Ravens still the best team in football or have they merely dropped to the top 5?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 03:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've been in a coma since August.  Are the Ravens still the best team in football or have they merely dropped to the top 5?

Yes. They are somewhere in the top 5.

In draft position.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 03:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've been in a coma since August. Are the Ravens still the best team in football or have they merely dropped to the top 5?
Flacco is now the 6th or 7th most elite qb in the AFCN. He's was the de facto 3rd most elite in August because he was at least a starter and the Browns weren't even in the running.

EDIT: Actually, Flacco is 8th most elite.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Updated AFCN qb rankings.

1. Back-up Big Ben.
2. Big Ben.
3. Andy Dalton.
4. Landry Jones
5. Luke McCown
6. Le'veon Bell in wildcat
7. Sober Johnny Manziel
8. Joe Flacco
9. Vick
10. Drunk Johnny Manziel
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 08:41 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Updated AFCN qb rankings.

1. Back-up Big Ben.
2. Big Ben.
3. Andy Dalton.
4. Landry Jones
5. Luke McCown
6. Le'veon Bell in wildcat
7. Sober Johnny Manziel
8. Joe Flacco
9. Vick
10. Drunk Johnny Manziel

Wrong.

No way Vick makes the top 10.

Reply/Quote