Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens D
Discuss?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Horrible. Gonna make the Ravens have a losing season.
Reply/Quote
Ouch, pathetic. They show up for one of the premiere offenses and shut them out but lose because their own offense couldn't do anything.

Now their offense plays incredibly and they just shut down all game against one of the worst teams.

LOL, I thought we'd see this week if it would be the offense or the defense that carries this team. Apparently they'll just alternate who plays each week, sheesh.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Lolz
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Who did they play? I think they play the Raiders some time soon, so you can count on a good defensive showing then. They might not be able to hold them to 13 like the Bengals did, but if there's any team that they can get into the win column against, that's the one.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Hahahaha Derek Carr marched down the field and threw the game winner to Oakland's 4th receiver!

Reply/Quote
Let's hope the ravens D plays just as well next week.
Reply/Quote
Look forward to Harbawl's press conference.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:33 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Ouch, pathetic. They show up for one of the premiere offenses and shut them out but lose because their own offense couldn't do anything.

Now their offense plays incredibly and they just shut down all game against one of the worst teams.

LOL, I thought we'd see this week if it would be the offense or the defense that carries this team. Apparently they'll just alternate who plays each week, sheesh.

I think after week 1 it was fair to ask if the Ravens' D was that good, or was Denver's offense that bad. After watching the Broncos offense in the 1st half against the Chiefs and the Ravens D against the Raiders, I think we have our answer.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:17 PM)Whatever Wrote: I think after week 1 it was fair to ask if the Ravens' D was that good, or was Denver's offense that bad.  After watching the Broncos offense in the 1st half against the Chiefs and the Ravens D against the Raiders, I think we have our answer.

So the question becomes; is the Ravens D bad, or are they terribad?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:17 PM)Whatever Wrote: I think after week 1 it was fair to ask if the Ravens' D was that good, or was Denver's offense that bad.  After watching the Broncos offense in the 1st half against the Chiefs and the Ravens D against the Raiders, I think we have our answer.

I wouldn't discount the Broncos. I think Peyton is less than he was, but they'll have an above average offense. I think it's more likely that the Ravens defense caught some lucky breaks week 1 but this week showed their true colors. 

And, yea, I think I just defended the Broncos offense and trashed our defense. #smack
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I wouldn't discount the Broncos. I think Peyton is less than he was, but they'll have an above average offense. I think it's more likely that the Ravens defense caught some lucky breaks week 1 but this week showed their true colors. 

And, yea, I think I just defended the Broncos offense and trashed our defense. #smack

I think the Broncos offense will be fine if Kubiak can put his ego aside, as it's pretty obvious Manning isn't comfortable in his system. When they let Peyton work from the shotgun against the Chiefs, he looked a lot better, but agreed that he just isn't the same player.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I wouldn't discount the Broncos. I think Peyton is less than he was, but they'll have an above average offense. I think it's more likely that the Ravens defense caught some lucky breaks week 1 but this week showed their true colors. 

Broncos looked like crap vs the Chiefs.
Reply/Quote

I think the Ravens D benefitted from the Broncos trying to fit the proverbial square peg (Manning) into the round hole (Kubiak's idea of offense). After another horrid half against the Chiefs Kubiak finally stowed his ego and let Manning run things - and the Bronco offense looked better.

Of more concern would be getting shredded by a horrible Raider offense for 37 points. We made that same offense look foolish the prior week.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 03:32 AM)Joelist Wrote: Of more concern would be getting shredded by a horrible Raider offense for 37 points. We made that same offense look foolish the prior week.

Carr>Flacco.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Discuss?

Well if the Ravens D isnt that good... It surely raises questions about the Broncos Offense.
Some teams just match up poorly against another on that given sunday.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 03:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well if the Ravens D isnt that good... It surely raises questions about the Broncos Offense.
Some teams just match up poorly against another on that given sunday.

Broncos offense didn't even look good against the Chiefs. The only reason why they won is because the Chiefs handed them that game with all the turnovers they had.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 02:34 PM)Benton Wrote: Carr>Flacco.

Mellow

Is Carr now elite? Ninja
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 03:37 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Broncos offense didn't even look good against the Chiefs. The only reason why they won is because the Chiefs handed them that game with all the turnovers they had.

Broncos D is good.... You could see the relief on mannings face.

but since this is smack forum i guess i can add this... Looks like a raven eating a D lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4JvEYqVeUU
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 03:49 PM)jason Wrote: Is Carr now elite? Ninja

Depends. Contract year?
Reply/Quote