Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens Will Clobber KC
Yep I said it.

KC can't stop the Ravens' running game. They're giving up 150 on the ground, made David Johnson look like the old David Johnson and have 25 missed tackles in two games.

No look passes, wasp hail marys and double digit comebacks ain't happening this time. Ravens are focused and want this game more. Lamar is 21-3 as a starter with two of those losses vs Mahomes. The game's in Baltimore this year and it's the Ravens night on Monday.

Playoff jokes are welcomed. Ravens win 34-20. I will take the heat if I'm wrong but the Ravens are the better team.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 04:09 AM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Yep I said it.

KC can't stop the Ravens' running game. They're giving up 150 on the ground, made David Johnson look like the old David Johnson and have 25 missed tackles in two games.

No look passes, wasp hail marys and double digit comebacks ain't happening this time. Ravens are focused and want this game more.  Lamar is 21-3 as a starter with two of those losses vs Mahomes. The game's in Baltimore this year and it's the Ravens night on Monday.

Playoff jokes are welcomed. Ravens win 34-20. I will take the heat if I'm wrong but the Ravens are the better team.

I picked your Birds to win myself. The Chiefs won't be able to stop the running game and Mahomes didn't look good against that
Chargers D who are good. You guys are even better so yeah, you could clobber these guys but Mahomes seems to have your #
so we will see, should be a good game.
Reply/Quote
KC wins by 17
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm just not sure I fully believe in Lamar Chokeson yet ? KC
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 11:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm just not sure I fully believe in Lamar Chokeson yet ? KC

Me neither. Plus Mahomes is coming off a tough game, bound to bounce back and he has these guy's number...

Still, picked the Ratbirds as I think it will be close.
Reply/Quote

Yep, you did. Would you like to make a friendly wager? Like, say, $25,000?

I'm kidding. It will be a good game. My prediction: KC 34 - Bal 31.

Good luck to you sir.

Reply/Quote
Thanks fellas, I knew my Bengals brothers could keep me grounded. I do mean what I said in the OP though. Big Truzz.

I need the grounding. My Baltimore City experience as a deviant youth got me wanting to straight up cut some lock, sneak into the stadium and make the first tackle on the opening kickoff. Sure I'll get carted off and put in jail. Have a run of seizures, have the wifey pissed as hell, embarrass the kids etc. But the statement would be made, right?!? Or maybe I got the Criss Angel skills and ain't telling y'all.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 09:05 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Thanks fellas, I knew my Bengals brothers could keep me grounded. I do mean what I said in the OP though. Big Truzz.

I need the grounding. My Baltimore City experience as a deviant youth got me wanting to straight up cut some lock, sneak into the stadium and make the first tackle on the opening kickoff. Sure I'll get carted off and put in jail. Have a run of seizures, have the wifey pissed as hell, embarrass the kids etc. But the statement would be made, right?!? Or maybe I got the Criss Angel skills and ain't telling y'all.

You are a strange bird. Guess that is why I like you a bit. Mellow
Reply/Quote

No look passes, wasp hail marys and double digit comebacks ain't happening this time. Ravens are focused and want this game more.  Lamar is 21-3 as a starter with two of those losses vs Mahomes. The game's in Baltimore this year and it's the Ravens night on Monday.

Don't bet the farm on it.   The Chiefs couldn't beat any Play-Off Teams or 49ers in Super Bowl....BUT THEY DID. ...They did not get beat by all these teams said to have great runners and great defense.   Chiefs are well coached like Patriots were.  Mahomes and Kelce are the new Brady and Gronk. 

I was rooting for Chiefs in play-offs.  They were never suppose to win.  THEY DID.  Bengals Fans saw rookie Mahomes score at will on Bengals in 2018.  Running teams that fall behind Chiefs are like Woody Hayes when he fell behind, in deep quick sand.  It becomes like Woody against Alabama or UCLA when running teams fall behind to Chiefs. They discover Reid has some Defense and Reid has some runners. Reid has a great team.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 06:13 AM)kevin Wrote: Don't bet the farm on it.   The Chiefs couldn't beat any Play-Off Teams or 49ers in Super Bowl....BUT THEY DID. ...They did not get beat by all these teams said to have great runners and great defense.   Chiefs are well coached like Patriots were.  Mahomes and Kelce are the new Brady and Gronk. 

I was rooting for Chiefs in play-offs.  They were never suppose to win.  THEY DID.  Bengals Fans saw rookie Mahomes score at will on Bengals in 2018.  Running teams that fall behind Chiefs are like Woody Hayes when he fell behind, in deep quick sand.  It becomes like Woody against Alabama or UCLA when running teams fall behind to Chiefs.  They discover Reid has some Defense and Reid has some runners.  Reid has a great team.
Those are all good points, thanks Kevin. Kelce is our biggest problem imo. We have plenty of speed in the secondary to cover their track team. Last time we played them, we didn't have Peters or Jimmy Smith. But Kelce is a different animal. Our LBs and safeties did a nice job against him and he still beat us.

Don't underestimate our passing offense though. I know most of you don't get to see the Ravens play regularly but trust me it's very good. Lamar keeps improving and Hollywood is healthy. LJ's numbers downfield & outside the numbers are great through two games. You can tell he worked hard on that. We have a lot of speed on offense. The biggest headache for us on that side of the ball is Chris Jones. Our interior Oline is good not great, no more Yanda.

LJ gets knocked for not being able to come back when we're down but did you know we haven't trailed in the 2nd half in 14 straight regular season games? Tough to come back when you're always ahead.

I was rooting for the Chiefs last year too because I like Mahomes & Andy Reid; although it was hard to watch after we blew our chance.

Side note: Not allowed to participate in JN but I really hope you guys make a move and get at least one interior olineman right now. Not just for Burrow's health but to let him develop properly. You have assets and aren't winning a SB this year so trade somebody. Forget about the defense and focus on oline. Your WRs are deep, trade one for a good guard and a draft pick. Try not to be sentimental. If someone wants AJ, Geno or Dunlap, make the move. Burrow's most important by far! I'd want to get him some help ASAP.
Reply/Quote
For fantasy purposes, I hope the Ravens do smash KC's defense... I'm up 8 points, and my opponent has Mark Andrews and the Chiefs defense... You can guess what I'd like to have happen to Mr Andrews very early on during this offensive explosion... It ryhmes with smurf toe... Doubtful to return.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:36 PM)jason Wrote: For fantasy purposes, I hope the Ravens do smash KC's defense... I'm up 8 points, and my opponent has Mark Andrews and the Chiefs defense... You can guess what I'd like to have happen to Mr Andrews very early on during this offensive explosion... It ryhmes with smurf toe... Doubtful to return.

Ryhmes with smurf toe huh? That would be a kick in the nuts. How about just no TDs and the Ravens put up 40? Deal?

PS- Shame on ya for not drafting LJ or Andrews or Hollywood. That's what truly upsets me about this post lol. Rest of the guys aren't useful for fantasy, we spread the ball around too much. I think this is Dobbins' coming out party. We seem to have been hiding him and Duvernay a bit.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 05:13 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Ryhmes with smurf toe huh? That would be a kick in the nuts. How about just no TDs and the Ravens put up 40? Deal?

PS- Shame on ya for not drafting LJ or Andrews or Hollywood. That's what truly upsets me about this post lol. Rest of the guys aren't useful for fantasy, we spread the ball around too much. I think this is Dobbins' coming out party. We seem to have been hiding him and Duvernay a bit.

I'm sitting on Dobbins on my bench... Lamar went 10th overall in my league. No thank you. I took Cam Newton a round before my kicker and defense... This far he's doing just fine... But yeah, I would've liked a top TE. I'm rolling with Jonnu Smith for now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm 3-0, 2-1 & 1-2 so far. Ran into a team with Lockett & Josh and Keenan Allen yesterday and spoiled my perfect fantasy day. I put up good points in that game too, sucks to lose those.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 07:08 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: I'm 3-0, 2-1 & 1-2 so far. Ran into a team with Lockett & Josh and Keenan Allen yesterday and spoiled my perfect fantasy day. I put up good points in that game too, sucks to lose those.

Lockett and the Colts defense sorta carried me this week...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 07:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yep, you did. Would you like to make a friendly wager? Like, say, $25,000?

I'm kidding. It will be a good game. My prediction: KC 34 - Bal 31.

Good luck to you sir.

Changing my prediction. Here's why:

KC is ranked 27th against the rush, 26th against the pass, and 28th overall on defense. Ravens defense is ranked 5th against the pass, 6th against the rush and a 4th overall defense rank. That's a big table turner. Both offenses are good/ KC ranked 4th overall and Baltimore 6th.

Baltimore 37 - KC 27.

Reply/Quote
Ravens went to KC twice during Lamar's first 10 regular season starts. They lost by 3 and 5.

Lamar has played 15 regular season games since then. I think they take it at home with that added experience. I'll go 34-24 Ravens.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Ravens better dig deep into that defensive playbook, not looking good so far.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 07:08 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: I'm 3-0, 2-1 & 1-2 so far. Ran into a team with Lockett & Josh and Keenan Allen yesterday and spoiled my perfect fantasy day. I put up good points in that game too, sucks to lose those.

Short of an entire string of miraculous special teams plays, it looks like you might me on your way to 0-1 in this game prediction..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Turned it off. Ravens are averaging 8 yards a carry and won’t run. Lamar’s throws are way off. Defense looks like a polar opposite of what they usually are.

Take one on the chin and learn from it. They went 12-1 after last years week 3 loss to the chiefs. Let’s hope they adjust.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote