Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens vs Bungals
(09-10-2017, 11:02 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The Browns certainly looked better than the Bengals, but whether or not they look better than the Ravens will be determined next week. The Ravens D looked mighty fine. Good D's should force 5 turnovers against bad offenses.

So you are saying the Jaguars are elite then...?

Since they forced 4 turnovers, had 10 sacks and just demolished the Texans.

Good luck with that.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:10 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not really.

The best thing I can compare it too would be if last year the 49er's went to Cleveland and shut out Cleveland at home, would you think the 49er's were good or would you look and see both teams were turds but one team was a bigger turd?

Two turds, one used a running game and the other one had a QB who threw it everywhere except where it was supposed to be. Watch Core run through the Ravens D completely open and watch Dalton sail the pass out of bounds. Not good teams...not even close.

The Ravens D shouldn't be given any credit for preventing the Bengals from scoring any points...including field goals? Are you trying to convince yourself or everyone else with that nonsense? The Ravens D had the Bengal's number all day. Most would call it an ass whipping.

Mooning
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:09 PM)E.A. Poe Wrote: The Ravens D shouldn't be given any credit for preventing the Bengals from scoring any points...including field goals? Are you trying to convince yourself or everyone else with that nonsense? The Ravens D had the Bengal's number all day. Most would call it an ass whipping.

Mooning

So...two quick things.

First, he who doesn't show up anytime prior to the games....can't show up after and be taken seriously. I noticed we didn't see you last season when the Ravens sucked, and when they fall out of contention again, I am sure you'll vanish again. Atleast Pat has the sac to stick around good or bad.

Secondly, no...they shouldn't. Dalton took more points away from the Bengals then the Ravens did today. Yes, they had some good plays, but when not once, but twice a guy is running completely uncovered deep into your secondary on the way to the endzone and the QB just flat out misses him...that isn't good D, that is horrible QB play. Would you be so be proud if it was 20-14? I think not.

A team that has shit coaching, an o-line that isn't worth anything, and a QB that just vanishes when things don't go his way, isn't going to score on anyone. 

Like I said above, the Jaguars D outperformed the Ravens D, are you ready to call them elite?

More importantly, will you call the Texans elite, when they come in here Thursday and shut the Bengals out after just getting trounced by the Jaguars at home?

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:06 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So you are saying the Jaguars are elite then...?

Since they forced 4 turnovers, had 10 sacks and just demolished the Texans.

Good luck with that.

Settle down with the straw men and hyperboles. 

I didn't say teams who did that were elite, nor did I even say they were good. I said a good defense should do that if they're up against a bad offense. 

The Jags defense should be given a ton of credit for an incredible defensive showing, though. They did have the #6 defense last season.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:26 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So...two quick things.

First, he who doesn't show up anytime prior to the games....can't show up after and be taken seriously. I noticed we didn't see you last season when the Ravens sucked, and when they fall out of contention again, I am sure you'll vanish again. Atleast Pat has the sac to stick around good or bad.

Secondly, no...they shouldn't. Dalton took more points away from the Bengals then the Ravens did today. Yes, they had some good plays, but when not once, but twice a guy is running completely uncovered deep into your secondary on the way to the endzone and the QB just flat out misses him...that isn't good D, that is horrible QB play. Would you be so be proud if it was 20-14? I think not.

A team that has shit coaching, an o-line that isn't worth anything, and a QB that just vanishes when things don't go his way, isn't going to score on anyone. 

Like I said above, the Jaguars D outperformed the Ravens D, are you ready to call them elite?

More importantly, will you call the Texans elite, when they come in here Thursday and shut the Bengals out after just getting trounced by the Jaguars at home?

Holy moly! Talk about strawmans, false dichotomy's, and projection! Somebody is trying really hard to invent an argument to minimize the the fact that the Bengals laid a huge goose egg today. There's are reason the Bengals stadium was practically empty after half time. Everyone knew the Bengals sucked so bad it wasn't even worth watching. You should embrace the Bengals being the bottom feeders of the division with the Browns and the -20 net points. Let the butthurt flow through you.

Happy
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:03 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: He was living in a van, down by the river... with poe and this guy.

[Image: tumblr_mn7w0nB9E31sogz7po1_400.gif]

I loved Chris Farley, especially that Chippendale skit he did with Patrick Swayze.
Reply/Quote
I'm just excited to hear Marvin explain why all of you who think the Bengals played horribly are stupid and don't get football, and especially how our back to back 1st and 2nd round tackles were excellent picks.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I haven't been able to figure out from JN, how did the Bengals D do? Giving up 20 pts off 5 turnovers doesn't seem too bad.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 01:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I haven't been able to figure out from JN, how did the Bengals D do? Giving up 20 pts off 5 turnovers doesn't seem too bad.

Pretty good. Danny Woodhead was throwing them off early but he got hurt pretty quickly. Flacco struggled in the 2nd half, but he also just came back a week ago. Then again, their only turn over came from Terrance West tipping a pass that he should have caught, so they weren't making a ton of big plays the same way the ravens D was

Reply/Quote
We sucked....or as Jim Mora said....we couldn't do diddly poo.....good game Bmore.....cooked our ass for sure.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 01:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I haven't been able to figure out from JN, how did the Bengals D do?  Giving up 20 pts off 5 turnovers doesn't seem too bad.

The Ravens ran the ball about 45 times and were burning up the clock. They used 10 minutes just on one possession.
Reply/Quote
They honored 50 years of Bengals football with the most Bengals football game I've seen since 1994.

I'd be upset, but I'm more pissed the Ravens didn't score more than I am with the Bengals losing.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:26 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So...two quick things.

Honestly, the only route to take is to completely ignore anything he posts. Even replying like this keeps it going. 

He doesn't deserve replies.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 10:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Honestly, the only route to take is to completely ignore anything he posts. Even replying like this keeps it going. 

He doesn't deserve replies.

I always think maybe...just maybe common sense will reach him with a reply....but like you said, he doesn't deserve the reply.

Have to start treating him like the crying child he is, he screams wanting attention and will just have to ignore those screams till he grows up and can be an adult.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I always think maybe...just maybe common sense will reach him with a reply....but like you said, he doesn't deserve the reply.

Have to start treating him like the crying child he is, he screams wanting attention and will just have to ignore those screams till he grows up and can be an adult.

Brad and Poe.......
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
Nobody scored in 2nd half. Bengals were total crap on offense the entire game, Ravens weren't much better. It pains me to say it, but you could have combined these two teams and the Steelers would have still destroyed them. Ravens have a chance, but the Bengals won't beat the up and coming Browns at this rate.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:18 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Damn I scored as many points as the Bungals did in week one.

And your points match your IQ.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 09:58 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: They honored 50 years of Bengals football with the most Bengals football game I've seen since 1994.

I'd be upset, but I'm more pissed the Ravens didn't score more than I am with the Bengals losing.

What are you talking about? Who is they?
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 06:18 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: What are you talking about? Who is they?

Sure as shit not the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
So there's a chance you guys don't completely embarrass yourselves tonight.

Reply/Quote