Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Reader came into this one with a chip on his shoulder
DJ blew up Henry a few times no doubt. What a great addition. One of the best run stopping DT's in the league.

Right up there with Vita Vea.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 11:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mixon and Uzomah both came up big. Mixon had over 100 all purpose yards plus a TD, and CJ had 7 rec for 71. He’s kind of taken over the role of Burrow’s security blanket lately.

Yes. I had to say “most.” I did not realize CJ had that many yards. He runs like a truck. He’s been clutch in the playoffs this year. It was a team effort, but when you think about some of the clutch plays, Mike Hilton Pick, Eli Apple tipping up a ball to Wilson, Burrow to chase to get in field goals range, and Shooter kicking the game winning field goal. All guys here in 2 or less years.

But yes, this was a team (minus the O-line) win.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 08:51 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yes. I had to say “most.” I did not realize CJ had that many yards. He runs like a truck. He’s been clutch in the playoffs this year. It was a team effort, but when you think about some of the clutch plays, Mike Hilton Pick, Eli Apple tipping up a ball to Wilson, Burrow to chase to get in field goals range, and Shooter kicking the game winning field goal. All guys here in 2 or less years.

But yes, this was a team (minus the O-line) win.

Pretty wild how we were dominated up front by Simmons and company and still were able to pull out a win.

Says a lot about our Defense as a whole and our young Kicker. We can beat the Chiefs, already have and this Titans game was
our biggest test of the season without question. They finally were healthy after being decimated by injuries all season long and
STILL getting the #1 overall seed in the AFC. Our OL needs to be significantly better against the Chiefs and they know it but it 
isn't near the DL that the Titans have and they don't run stunts like the Titans. Pollack should have them much more prepared 
in the AFC Championship. Love saying this, we are in the AFC Championship. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 10:52 AM)Destro Wrote: I saw, early in the game, Henry got chugging, met Reader and BOOM! Down went Henry. I was like "Ok, we got an answer for him."

I remember the exact play and said the same thing.

I felt no one on the team was really afraid to tackle Henry. This roster seems to kinda enjoy the challenge.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 09:11 PM)Housh Wrote: I remember the exact play and said the same thing.

I felt no one on the team was really afraid to tackle Henry. This roster seems to kinda enjoy the challenge.

For sure, they aren't scared of anybody not even the King who sometimes intimidates Defenses, not this one.
Reply/Quote
Just found an SI article with video breaking down Reader's game. This is why I gave him my game ball. Enjoy.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/film-breadown-dj-reader-dominates-tennessee-titans

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 02:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: Just found an SI article with video breaking down Reader's game. This is why I gave him my game ball. Enjoy.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/film-breadown-dj-reader-dominates-tennessee-titans

Thanks, will check this out in a bit Wyche. Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 05:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks, will check this out in a bit Wyche. Wink

I think you're gonna like it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
RE: Reader came into this one with a big chip on his shoulder...

And ate it.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 02:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: Just found an SI article with video breaking down Reader's game. This is why I gave him my game ball. Enjoy.

Gave him my game ball as well. 

Know that Evan had a special day and am a huge fan of the kid but not sure the Bengals have a chance to win without DJ's effort as well as Evan's. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 06:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: I think you're gonna like it.

Oh I loved it Wyche.Pervert

DJ Reader just owned the inside in all these vids and even shown his athleticism for a 330 pound DT in keeping Lewan shed
while going across wide to stop Henry for a loss. The one vid where he throat arms Saffold while holding off the Center and 
blowing up Henry was exceptionally fun to watch. Great breakdown by this guy from SI have to say.

DJ Reader READS the play, he is really smart and disciplined so he doesn't get pushed out of a play or push himself out of 
the play, he knows how to steer the OL to where he wants to go, not the other way around like Billings was doing early in 
his career. Also DJ can get some pass rush once he reads it is a pass as it shows in his QB hit. Great vid. Thanks again.
Reply/Quote