Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Reader came into this one with a chip on his shoulder
(01-23-2022, 03:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

I loved it and love the man.  But, the sweatshirt..."Spader"???

Isn't that a little, uh, wrong?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 11:09 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: If you think about everyone who made huge plays, aside from Bates, most of these guys were added in the past 2 years through FA or the draft.

I tell you what, I believe we have a beast at MLB....Wilson was stopping people in their tracks yesterday!!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 11:14 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I tell you what, I believe we have a beast at MLB....Wilson was stopping people in their tracks yesterday!!

Yes- Wilson is our best Linebacker since Burfict, and he doesn’t do anything Dirty. Always around the Ball.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 11:22 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yes- Wilson is our best Linebacker since Burfict, and he doesn’t do anything Dirty. Always around the Ball.

It has been since Burfict that we've had an above average LB.  Good LBers have been very hard to find.  Wilson was a great draft choice and Pratt had lots of heart.  I would like to see 1 more impact LB added along with at least 2 improvements on the dumpster fire (OL).
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 11:09 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: If you think about everyone who made huge plays, aside from Bates, most of these guys were added in the past 2 years through FA or the draft.

Mixon and Uzomah both came up big. Mixon had over 100 all purpose yards plus a TD, and CJ had 7 rec for 71. He’s kind of taken over the role of Burrow’s security blanket lately.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 11:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mixon and Uzomah both came up big. Mixon had over 100 all purpose yards plus a TD, and CJ had 7 rec for 71. He’s kind of taken over the role of Burrow’s security blanket lately.

Yes. I had to say “most.” I did not realize CJ had that many yards. He runs like a truck. He’s been clutch in the playoffs this year. It was a team effort, but when you think about some of the clutch plays, Mike Hilton Pick, Eli Apple tipping up a ball to Wilson, Burrow to chase to get in field goals range, and Shooter kicking the game winning field goal. All guys here in 2 or less years.

But yes, this was a team (minus the O-line) win.
Reply/Quote
Best post game presser in franchise history..bar none.. I loved it.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 11:28 AM)M.W. Wrote: It has been since Burfict that we've had an above average LB.  Good LBers have been very hard to find.  Wilson was a great draft choice and Pratt had lots of heart.  I would like to see 1 more impact LB added along with at least 2 improvements on the dumpster fire (OL).
They're already with the team..just on the injured reserve list..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
This was huge team win. There were some key contributions from guys who normally aren't out there. Clay friggin Johnston was in for one snap the whole game and came around the backside to stop Derrick Henry on the two point try. Cam Sample stuffed Tannehill on his third down option run before Bailey, Wilson, and Shelvin combined to stuff Henry on this fourth down run.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 06:18 PM)Roland Wrote: This was huge team win.  There were some key contributions from guys who normally aren't out there.  Clay friggin Johnston was in for one snap the whole game and came around the backside to stop Derrick Henry on the two point try.   Cam Sample stuffed Tannehill on his third down option run before Bailey, Wilson, and Shelvin combined to stuff Henry on this fourth down run.

and that is what you call stepping in prime time and playing with heart.  This defense has been very impressive in the playoffs! 2 games 4 interceptions that is with 2 dropped.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 11:08 AM)samhain Wrote: I get that Henry is a monster, but it almost seemed like the national media thought that the Bengals were going to run a couple of practice squad scrubs out there at DT after the Ogunjobi injury.  It was a foregone conclusion that whoever it was was going to get steamrolled by King Henry and left for roadkill.  

it shouldn't be a mystery to people that this dude is one of the best in the league at his position, but if they were unaware before, they aren't now.  

DJ was money well spent and a great find for the front office/staff.

I never understood that.  He was coming off a 9 week layoff.  So everyone else on the field is running at full game speed in game shape, and he will need at least half the game to get his legs under him and adjusted to the speed.  But somehow everyone thought this would just be a preseason type of matchup?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 11:12 AM)sandwedge Wrote: You know, the guy watching the AFC Championship Game from his house next weekend.....   Hilarious

HilariousHilarious
Reply/Quote
Put this man in the ring of honor tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 06:25 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I never understood that.  He was coming off a 9 week layoff.  So everyone else on the field is running at full game speed in game shape, and he will need at least half the game to get his legs under him and adjusted to the speed.  But somehow everyone thought this would just be a preseason type of matchup?

Not to mention the fact that the guy replacing Ogunjobi, ie BJ Hill, is actually even better vs the run than Larry O.  
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 10:23 PM)samhain Wrote: Not to mention the fact that the guy replacing Ogunjobi, ie BJ Hill, is actually even better vs the run than Larry O.  

Wasn't aware of that.  I know Larry is our best interior rusher, but wasn't clear on his rush defense.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 10:23 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Put this man in the ring of honor tomorrow.

Make sure you spell his name right though… Tongue

Reply/Quote
Reader was a MAN amongst boys out there yesterday and a huge part of the reason the Bengals won.

Love CJ but after taking away the gimme catch before halftime he only had 6 catches for 39 yards.

Yet some were first downs and thats always big.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Huge props to CJ for strolling into work in his Nashville gear though.
Reply/Quote
Reader balled out last night...no question about it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote