Poll: What Is Your Realistic Expectations From Bengals In 2019?
Nothing But Playoffs
Mold and build this team into a contender
other(Explain)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Realistic Expectations From Bengals In 2019
This is going to be an exciting season this year regardless of the outcome to see how Zac molds this team into his vision. My question for you now that pre season is over and week one for the Bengals is a few days away, What is your elastic expectations from what you've seen so far and has transpired?

Mine is simply watching ZT mold this team into what his vision is to win a Super Bowl. I don't think this team is even at playoff caliber yet, because of missing pieces and new coaches, schemes etc. I also don't think this team is far away from becoming a playoff team and a threat. Obviously the offensive line is a mess and that is one of the most important pieces to success. Will be great not to see the same old same old that we've seen with Marvin Lewis and outcome.

Looking forward to a fresh start!
Reply/Quote
Need more options! But clearly, the Bengals are an unknown at the moment.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Went with Taylor molding this team into a contender. It will take some time most likely. The O-line was really good at
pass protection this Preseason we will see how much better they are at run blocking now that we actually have a playbook
that will make us much less predictable. I could see us squeaking into the Playoffs once this team gels though.

We will know a lot more after Sunday.
Reply/Quote
Be organized, tough mentally and physically and disciplined. Make your opponent beat you because you don't beat yourself. Master those things and anything is possible.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'm going to wait and see how this season, especially the first half plays out. If they come out flatter'n pancakes then, well.... BUT, on the other hand if they come out like nice, fluffy blueberry pancakes cooked to perfection it's another story..  I think I'll order eggs over medium with a side of hash browns for the time being and see if anyone likes the pancakes.  How's the coffee by the way? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 05:19 PM)McC Wrote: Be organized, tough mentally and physically and disciplined.  Make your opponent beat you because you don't beat yourself.  Master those things and anything is possible.

I second all you said with emphasis on disciplined. It will be nice to see them cut down on penalties and stupid mistakes.
We finished in the top 10 for most penalized team. So we need to change that.

And I went with watch ZT mold the team.
I suspect about an .500 team this year. The OL needs help, and LBs still a problem.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 05:26 PM)grampahol Wrote:  How's the coffee by the way? 

Flo is making a pot as we speak!
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 04:53 PM)GodFather Wrote: This is going to be an exciting season this year regardless of the outcome to see how Zac molds this team into his vision. My question for you now that pre season is over and week one for the Bengals is a few days away, What is your elastic expectations from what you've seen so far and has transpired?

Mine is simply watching ZT mold this team into what his vision is to win a Super Bowl. I don't think this team is even at playoff caliber yet, because of missing pieces and new coaches, schemes  etc. I also don't think this team is far away from becoming a playoff team and a threat. Obviously the offensive line is a mess and that is one of the most important pieces to success. Will be great not to see the same old same old that we've seen with Marvin Lewis and outcome.

Looking forward to a fresh start!

yep no way to know until it happens....  we still have most the talent that was getting us to the playoffs.  Just a matter of everything coming together.

That and if the new coaching staff is really ready or in over their heads.
Reply/Quote
What would my expectations be if ML was coaching this team?

Playoffs or bust.

Why should ZT be given a pass to lose with same guys ML had for most part in 2018? I was upset when we faltered last year, will be upset again if ZT fails.

If he is a great hire, he should win immediately, no honeymoon period.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 06:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What would my expectations be if ML was coaching this team?

Playoffs or bust.

Why should ZT be given a pass to lose with same guys ML had for most part in 2018? I was upset when we faltered last year, will be upset again if ZT fails.

If he is a great hire, he should win immediately, no honeymoon period.

I'm not going to call for ZT's firing if we don't make the playoffs this year, but the end goal of EVERY season should be to win the Super Bowl. Nothing less.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 06:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm not going to call for ZT's firing if we don't make the playoffs this year, but the end goal of EVERY season should be to win the Super Bowl. Nothing less.

Where did I call for him to be fired?

I said I would be disappointed, no mention of fire ZT.

Now if the team looks worse than under ML and wins 2 games, then my stance may change by end of the year.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 06:18 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I second all you said with emphasis on disciplined. It will be nice to see them cut down on penalties and stupid mistakes.
We finished in the top 10 for most penalized team. So we need to change that.

And I went with watch ZT mold the team.
I suspect about an .500 team this year. The OL needs help, and LBs still a problem.
I absolutely agree.  And .500 is still a far cry from fighting for the first pick in the draft like the media seems to think.

There are definitely still holes.  Probably not a playoff team this year.  But yeah, create a new culture, a new way to play to get the needle pointing up so when the holes get filled, then you'll be a contender.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Once they hit 3-10 Dalton will be benched and Ryan Finley will take over for the rest of the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 07:12 PM)McC Wrote: I absolutely agree.  And .500 is still a far cry from fighting for the first pick in the draft like the media seems to think.

There are definitely still holes.  Probably not a playoff team this year.  But yeah, create a new culture, a new way to play to get the needle pointing up so when the holes get filled, then you'll be a contender.

The Dolphins were 7-9 in 2018 ( 1 game under .500) and now are full rebuild mode with their young head coach.

Would they have been better off (not tank) in 2018 to be 5-11 or 4-12 to get the much better draft picks? I would say they set the rebuild nack a year as 2018 was a complete waste for their organization's long term future of winning anything.

My point is why think a team hovering .500 is heading in right direction. I understand it will all be on how they play and get results, close games, blowout games and such, but ML took a bad team and improved 6 games in year one. I ma not saying 6 games, buy not expect real progress from ZT in first year. 

By all account, many in here feel ML was a horrible football coach, so ZT should look like a star if he truly is all he has been hyped up to be.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 07:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Dolphins were 7-9 in 2018 ( 1 game under .500) and now are full rebuild mode with their new head coach.

Would they have been better off (not tank) in 2018 to be 5-11 or 4-12 to get the much better draft picks? I would say they set the rebuild nack a year as 2018 was a complete waste for their organization's long term future of winning anything.

My point is why think a team hovering .500 is heading in right direction. I understand it will all be on how they play and get results, close games, blowout games and such, but ML took a bad team and improved 6 games in year one. I ma not saying 6 games, buy not expect real progress from ZT in first year. 

By all account, many in here feel ML was a horrible football coach, so ZT should look like a star if he truly is all he has been hyped up to be.

I don't think people really thought that ML was horrible at all.  More like he was spent, worn out, beaten down, with a healthy dose of having fallen behind much of the rest of the league.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 07:27 PM)McC Wrote: I don't think people really thought that ML was horrible at all.  More like he was spent, worn out, beaten down, with a healthy dose of having fallen behind much of the rest of the league.

Pretty much. I think he was coaching when he didn't want to coach anymore. As far as the poll, I think this team has the capability to go 10-6. But I voted to see an improvement. We have a new playbook with new coaches, so their work is definitely cut out for them to achieve my prediction. I won't judge ZT too harshly on the outcome of this season unless it's just god awful because back to my previous thought, if ML didn't want to be here and achieved 6 wins last year, then I would expect nothing less of ZT this year with mostly the same players.

I guess we will see, but I feel very strongly about these guys this year. I think when the year is over, we will look back and actually have a reason to be excited for the next year, or, we could just win it all this year. I would be ok with that.  Cool

Reply/Quote
Well... That ESPN computer said 3 wins. I think their floor is 6 wins. 10 wins is their ceiling.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 07:27 PM)McC Wrote: I don't think people really thought that ML was horrible at all.  More like he was spent, worn out, beaten down, with a healthy dose of having fallen behind much of the rest of the league.

Never thought Marv was a horrible coach in the regular season when not in Primetime or playing the Steelers.

He was a damn good coach in the regular season when not in Primetime or playing the Steelers. Mellow 

(09-05-2019, 07:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Pretty much. I think he was coaching when he didn't want to coach anymore. As far as the poll, I think this team has the capability to go 10-6. But I voted to see an improvement. We have a new playbook with new coaches, so their work is definitely cut out for them to achieve my prediction. I won't judge ZT too harshly on the outcome of this season unless it's just god awful because back to my previous thought, if ML didn't want to be here and achieved 6 wins last year, then I would expect nothing less of ZT this year with mostly the same players.

I guess we will see, but I feel very strongly about these guys this year. I think when the year is over, we will look back and actually have a reason to be excited for the next year, or, we could just win it all this year. I would be ok with that.  Cool

Yes sir Harley. I think 6 wins is definitely the bottom even if we are decimated by injury. No way our Linebackers will be as 
bad as last season under Tem noway. No way our O-line will be worse than last season with Glenn hurt, Redmond being a 
penalty machine, Hart new and Price a rookie. Andre might be better all around then Glenn, Miller is better than Redmond 
more disciplined, Price has a year under his belt and could take a starting spot at any time on the inside etc.

See us winning at least as many games as last year. Probably around 9 or 10 if the Linebackers improve big time as I love
Pratt and Preston is healthy and Vigil and Evans are improving and Hubbard, Shawn and Fej can play LB in a pinch.
Reply/Quote
In 2016 we were 13th in yards per game with 356 and 24th in points per game with 20.3 under Zampese.

In 2017 we were 32nd in yards per game with 280 and 26th in points per with 18.1 under Zampese for 2 games and Lazor for 14.

In 2018 we were 26th in yards per game at 310 and 17th in points per with 23 under Lazor.

Our offense has been well poor for some time now. I expect to see that changing this season.
Reply/Quote
I voted other. Basically the choices are playoffs or rebuild or other.

The players are good enough to make the playoffs with a few ifs, such as the OL playing better than the sum of its parts.

On the other hand, this team is just as likely to throw-up all over the field and make us think Dave Shula has returned.

Reply/Quote