Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really feel like the fan base is diminishing
It seems the fan base for the team is getting smaller by the week. If or when rather Mike Brown does nothing about the inept coaching we have a ruin a franchise qb this will be the end of the Bengals franchise. Lease is up in a few years on the stadium and could see them packing up. I myself have been a fan since the 80s but this one feels different, with each press conference and time Zac Taylor opens his mouth i find myself wanting to root for another team more and more. Your quarterback is getting killed every single play but you still wanna run a 5 wide formation are you kidding!!!! Someone above ZT needs to fire Jim Turner and anyone else because its obvious Zac isnt going to show the door to any of his buddies
Reply/Quote
Yeah Zac will refuse to swallow his pride and admit his coaching staff he brought in sucks.. Zac actually had the balls to say after the game " We finally started to get some momentum going in that final drive" HAHA .. Yeah when the Ravens basically played relaxed up 27-0..I jokingly said he would say something like that after the game and he actually said it! That dude is an idiot. His offensive scheme stinks. He hasnt proved any kind of consistency. A real offensive guru would have been able to do SOMETHING against that Ravens defense, but he couldnt come up with anything at all! Absolutely STUMPED. i'm throwing in the towel on Taylor. Let him go!
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:46 AM)uticabengalfan Wrote: It seems the fan base for the team is getting smaller by the week. If or when rather Mike Brown does nothing about the inept coaching we have a ruin a franchise qb this will be the end of the Bengals franchise. Lease is up in a few years on the stadium and could see them packing up. I myself have been a fan since the 80s but this one feels different, with each press conference and time Zac Taylor opens his mouth i find myself wanting to root for another team more and more. Your quarterback is getting killed every single play but you still wanna run a 5 wide formation are you kidding!!!! Someone above ZT needs to fire Jim Turner and anyone else because its obvious Zac isnt going to show the door to any of his buddies

You're projecting....
Reply/Quote
Can you blame the fans. We are running an NFL franchise like its the late 90's. Which is an improvement from before Marvin but still a long way to go.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:46 AM)uticabengalfan Wrote: It seems the fan base for the team is getting smaller by the week. If or when rather Mike Brown does nothing about the inept coaching we have a ruin a franchise qb this will be the end of the Bengals franchise. Lease is up in a few years on the stadium and could see them packing up. I myself have been a fan since the 80s but this one feels different, with each press conference and time Zac Taylor opens his mouth i find myself wanting to root for another team more and more. Your quarterback is getting killed every single play but you still wanna run a 5 wide formation are you kidding!!!! Someone above ZT needs to fire Jim Turner and anyone else because its obvious Zac isnt going to show the door to any of his buddies

Yup, nothing more accurate than a guy from upstate New York, talking about the pulse of our fanbase.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:52 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Can you blame the fans. We are running an NFL franchise like its the late 90's. Which is an improvement from before Marvin but still a long way to go.

Not at all, im about done with them myself
Reply/Quote
Would you blame the fans if they diminished?
The Bengals are going on half a decade with losing seasons.
As much as we complained about Marvin Lewis not getting the Bengals deep into the playoffs, we got spoiled knowing we'd at least potentially push for the postseason for (part of) every year.
Expectations have been raised after the lost decade.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I see no decline in the fanbase. And it we were allowed to, I am quite certain PBS would be selling out with fans wanting to see our new QB.
Reply/Quote
Cincy will always be a baseball town first and foremost. It's not like we were huge to begin with.
This is from an old BR article:
"Bengals fans landed at No. 31 in a ranking of the loudest NFL fan bases.

They don’t fare well in attendance either. In 2009, they won the division title for the first time since 2005, yet they ranked 20th in the league in attendance.

Their fans have gained a reputation for being among the biggest band-wagoners, a reputation that is supported by their 29th-place finish in the Brand Keys Sports Loyalty index. "
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/651509-ranking-the-32-fan-bases-in-the-national-football-league
Even when we were winning division titles it was as diminished as ever.
Reply/Quote
I hope they do leave get rid of many ignorant homer fans who are only fans because they play in Cincinnatti
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yup, nothing more accurate than a guy from upstate New York, talking about the pulse of our fanbase.

Not from upstate New York wise guy. Im 20 miles north of Columbus Ohio. Troll somewhere else
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:30 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I hope they do leave get rid of many ignorant homer fans who are only fans because they play in Cincinnatti
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:35 PM)uticabengalfan Wrote: Not from upstate New York wise guy. Im 20 miles north of Columbus Ohio. Troll somewhere else

Fun Fact: The guy that is blowing you shit is from Canada.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:42 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Oh you got me. Coming from one of the more ignorant posters on here. My feelings are truly hurt. Sad 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:35 PM)uticabengalfan Wrote: Not from upstate New York wise guy. Im 20 miles north of Columbus Ohio. Troll somewhere else

So, Brown's territory?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So, Brown's territory?

Ohio State territory, with the NFL being an afterthought. 

From my experience, they have an almost equal mix of Bengals/Browns fans, and a suprisingly healthy amount of Steelers fans as well.

It's definitely not "Browns territory". lol

Source: Lived in Columbus for a year. Have friends who live there.  Have spent more time there than I would have cared to.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yup, nothing more accurate than a guy from upstate New York, talking about the pulse of our fanbase.

He’s not wrong though. I was downtown eating breakfast right by PBS the morning of the home opener, and I was shocked to see so few people sporting Bengals gear. And that’s with the added excitement of a new Heisman winning QB...

We’re never going to be like the Browns, where the fan base is so diehard they come out in droves no matter what. If the Bengals don’t put a winner on the field soon it’s going to be grim. We’re about to have our 5th losing season in a row. Other than being excited about Burrow, this is quickly approaching as bad as it’s ever been.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:30 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I hope they do leave get rid of many ignorant homer fans who are only fans because they play in Cincinnatti

WTF

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:54 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Ohio State territory, with the NFL being an afterthought. 

From my experience, they have an almost equal mix of Bengals/Browns fans, and a suprisingly UNhealthy amount of Steelers fans as well.

It's definitely not "Browns territory". lol

Source: Lived in Columbus for a year. Have friends who live there.  Have spent more time there than I would have cared to.

Fixed it for you, Wes.

The only healthy amount of Steelers fans anywhere is 0.

:andy:

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Ha, that's rich.

10x the amount of rep per post, but I'm, "trolling." (Never brought that up until now either)

Get a life.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote