Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really feel like the fan base is diminishing
I've always taken pride in being a realistic fan. So here's my take:

1. For those that say Zac won't admit the coaches he brought in stunk, of course not, he's not going to sit there are and throw anyone under the bus publicly. That's just common sense.

2. For those that are comparing this team to a team from the early 2000s or 1990s, I can't agree with that one bit. Sure, the Ravens game stunk. And we got smoked, but it's one game. Back in the old days, we had those games every week. It was a treat to tune in and see the team actually be in a game. That's not the case this year. the Chargers, Browns and Eagles games were all very close. They could have gone either way.

3. Same old Mike Brown. Honestly, anyone who says this must have amnesia. I don't remember Mike Brown ever spending on 1 tier 1-1.5 free agent, let alone the haul we brought in.

Now for the future. I can only hope that last year was a sign that things are changing. If that's the case I trust that we will sign at least one tier 1-2 free agent lineman and add another in the draft. I'm hoping that this will be the last time we have to look at this bad of line play.

I also think Zac will be back next year. If we win then theres no issues, if we lose, then at least we will have one of the more coveted jobs in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think it will take a lot more than a 3 win season. Do you not remember Chad having to buy tickets to avoid the games being blacked out?

People can only put up with so much losing.

We had a winning record at times when he was doing that even.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:54 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Yeah Zac will refuse to swallow his pride and admit his coaching staff he brought in sucks.. Zac actually had the balls to say after the game " We finally started to get some momentum going in that final drive" HAHA .. Yeah when the Ravens basically played relaxed up 27-0..I jokingly said he would say something like that after the game and he actually said it! That dude is an idiot. His offensive scheme stinks. He hasnt proved any kind of consistency. A real offensive guru would have been able to do SOMETHING against that Ravens defense, but he couldnt come up with anything at all! Absolutely STUMPED. i'm throwing in the towel on Taylor. Let him go!

Wasn't that a hoot  Hilarious 

What he meant to say was " They swelled our eyes shut for 3 and 3/4 quarters but after we got up and spit our teeth out we said nahnahnahnah boo boo"

As far as the fan base diminishing if MB let's Burrow's rookie deal go by sitting on his hands there will be a mass exodus never seen before.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 06:51 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You're not wrong.

Big time nerd move right there.

I've got over 300 games for Sega consoles, every Sega console ever made and have written over 250 (I think, might be just under) contributions that have been published on Gamefaqs.

https://backloggery.com/truck_1_0_1_
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/community/Truck_1_0_1_/contributions

I'm super proud to be a nerd Big Grin
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
My concern right now is for Burrow. One thing about Mike Brown that just infuriates me is the blind eye toward the OL over the years. We fans do not know what is going on behind closed doors. But I hope like hell that the Front Office is meeting with Taylor and assistance stating that they need to fix the OL to protect their investment.

Ignoring the poor play at the OL position has got to stop. Yes, Burrow is holding on the ball and trying to win games with his arm. If he had the Brown's OL with Bill Callahan as OL coach, Burrow would be picking apart just about any defense. Those of us fans that have been following the Bengals a while, under the Mike Brown nightmare, know what can happen to young QB taking too many hits, we know this too well. With that said, the Front office better do something, anything to protect their star QB.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 07:43 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: My concern right now is for Burrow.  One thing about Mike Brown that just infuriates me is the blind eye toward the OL over the years.  We fans do not know what is going on behind closed doors.  But I hope like hell that the Front Office is meeting with Taylor and assistance stating that they need to fix the OL to protect their investment.  

Ignoring the poor play at the OL position has got to stop.  Yes, Burrow is holding on the ball and trying to win games with his arm.  If he had the Brown's OL with Bill Callahan as OL coach, Burrow would be picking apart just about any defense.  Those of us fans that have been following the Bengals a while, under the Mike Brown nightmare, know what can happen to young QB taking too many hits, we know this too well.  With that said, the Front office better do something, anything to protect their star QB.

Seriously?  I get that this line has stunk, but you can't say theyve turned a blind eye to it.

Jonah, Price, Zeitler and Ced were all first rounders in the last 10 years.
Fisher and Whitworth were 2nd rounders.  

Mike Brown has a history of taking linemen high, they've just missed on them recently.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 07:46 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Seriously?  I get that this line has stunk, but you can't say theyve turned a blind eye to it.

Jonah, Price, Zeitler and Ced were all first rounders in the last 10 years.
Fisher and Whitworth were 2nd rounders.  

Mike Brown has a history of taking linemen high, they've just missed on them recently.

By blind eye it includes allowing Whit to walk and Zeitler to walk.  It also includes the OL coach talking up players that are rated near the bottom of the league and Taylor making statements like (paraphrased) "The problems at OL are overblown". 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Let’s ask Zack if it is time to hit the panic button yet. He said hell no. We put together a scoring drive at the end of the game. That is enough for me. Back on the bandwagon. Who Dey. Super Bowl bound.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: A couple of wins and the bandwagoners will jump right back on.

If you root for this shitty team... AT ALL - you seriously cannot be considered "bandwagon" in any sense of the word.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:41 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Ratings up for NBA finals even though they went head to head with MLB and NFL. Don't let the facts get in the way of a false narrative.

https://www.newsweek.com/nba-finals-ratings-tank-commissioner-says-league-will-withdraw-black-lives-matter-jerseys-1537280

Quote:Now that its playoffs are about to wrap up, and playoff ratings are at a 40-year low, the NBA commissioner said that social justice messages won't be prominently displayed when the 2020-21 season begins.
Reply/Quote
There are combinations of factors at hand.

1. Covid
2. People realizing there are more important things than sports.
3. Bengals 1-3-1
4. Only 12K allowed in the stadium
5. Bengals coaching staff
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I can't speak for anyone else but I am certainly losing interest in the team. Used to attend a few games and not miss a minute while watching the rests of them but starting last season I found myself watching Red Zone or not even watching the games.

Part of it is the league but a bigger part is just the endless cycle of failure in Cincy plus the let's do the same thing again and hope it ends differently this time. I know I will catch heat again... but my exact prediction predraft is happening. It is 1992 all over, inexperienced coach, record setting college QB who gets put on a terrible team with a bad o-line and ends up taking too many hits.

I had hope because of the FA signings but the o-line wasn't addressed enough and bad coaching is bad coaching.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 07:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I've got over 300 games for Sega consoles, every Sega console ever made and have written over 250 (I think, might be just under) contributions that have been published on Gamefaqs.

https://backloggery.com/truck_1_0_1_
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/community/Truck_1_0_1_/contributions

I'm super proud to be a nerd Big Grin

Shinning Force II is the only game that made me question my Nintendo loyalty back in the day.  On topic, the release of Shining Force II in 1993 is still more recent than our last playoff win!
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis was the Bengals' version of Dusty Baker.

Zac Taylor seems like the Bengals' version of Bryan Price.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 11:09 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Marvin Lewis was the Bengals' version of Dusty Baker.

Oof. That is shockingly accurate.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 11:09 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Marvin Lewis was the Bengals' version of Dusty Baker.

So our next coach will mismanage the bullpen and get us to the playoffs only to be shut out.... great

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:14 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So our next coach will mismanage the bullpen and get us to the playoffs only to be shut out.... great

David Bell had taken a bottom-feeder team to a 46% win percentage in his first year and then above .500 and into the postseason his second year.
That's what we hoped Taylor would come in and do his first two years.
So far, he's turned a 6-win team in 2018 into a 3-17-1 record through 21 games.

By far, I'd take a HC who can get this team back to 7 wins his first year and then a winning record (with or without the postseason appearance) his second year over what we see with Taylor.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: David Bell had taken a bottom-feeder team to a 46% win percentage in his first year and then above .500 and into the postseason his second year.
That's what we hoped Taylor would come in and do his first two years.
So far, he's turned a 6-win team in 2018 into a 3-17-1 record through 21 games.

By far, I'd take a HC who can get this team back to 7 wins his first year and then a winning record (with or without the postseason appearance) his second year over what we see with Taylor.

But we had that already with Marvin.

Getting to .500 and getting to the playoffs shouldn't be enough anymore. 

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:55 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: But we had that already with Marvin.

Getting to .500 and getting to the playoffs shouldn't be enough anymore. 

I'm not saying it's "enough."

I'm saying it's progress that should be happening.
Instead, we are seeing a regression.

My expectations are increase the win totals by (at least) a couple wins every year until consistently getting 10+ wins.
Along with that, I expect making the playoffs by Year 2-3 and advancing in the playoffs the year after that.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote