Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reason Tyler Boyd isn’t a Steeler yet.
After the 2022 season Boyd claimed he would be asking 18M per but would be willing to settle for 15M. It was not realistic then and of course not even remotely close today.

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 12:43 AM)casear2727 Wrote: After the 2022 season Boyd claimed he would be asking 18M per but would be willing to settle for 15M. It was not realistic then and of course not even remotely close today.

He should’ve forced his way out when we got Burrow if he wanted THAT payday
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 03:12 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: True.  But then everybody again for the 1000th season in a row will be saying we need to protect burrow better.  And then come draft y’all will be doing this again.  “But what if we went wr imagine what we would have”. Lol geeze

Yeah, I pointed this out a couple of weeks ago. All season long it is complaining about the O line, then come draft time it's all "look at this shiny new WR."
I'd sign Boyd back on the cheap, but we have Jones now and Yoshi behind him that can both play the slot, so I would not pay him what he wants. Jones and Yoshi are both perfectly capable of dropping passes too.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 02:36 AM)Housh Wrote: He should’ve forced his way out when we got Burrow if he wanted THAT payday

Boyd wasn't being negative, he saw the WR market skyrocketing back then and was confident he would be a part of it.  

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 03:12 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: True.  But then everybody again for the 1000th season in a row will be saying we need to protect burrow better.  And then come draft y’all will be doing this again.  “But what if we went wr imagine what we would have”. Lol geeze

Just because we need OL doesn't mean we don't also need WR's.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 12:37 PM)Whatever Wrote: Just because we need OL doesn't mean we don't also need WR's.  

Deja vu

Reply/Quote
Good to know Higgins isn't the only Bengal WR with an inflated sense of worth.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 12:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Deja vu

I'm team OL this time.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 01:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm team OL this time.

Even if Bowers is there?

Reply/Quote

I am too, unless someone special like Bowers is there or it is Latham or die. I am scared of OL that don't do the workouts IE Og/Price.
Reply/Quote

I'm all for Murphy, o-line, or Bowers, in that order.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 02:09 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I'm all for Murphy, o-line, or Bowers, in that order.

Give me Newton or Murphy too and cut BJ Hill and man would our interior pass rush be improved along with our run Defense.

Both Newton and Murphy are great at stopping the run and rushing the passer and Murphy can play NT.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 02:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Give me Newton or Murphy too and cut BJ Hill and man would our interior pass rush be improved along with our run Defense.

Both Newton and Murphy are great at stopping the run and rushing the passer and Murphy can play NT.

Why....

Why do you want to cut BJ Hill...why do some people want to cut Mike Hilton...

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 03:37 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Why....

Because we would have three 3-techs and it would free up dough. But if BJ can play NT I am all for keeping him.

I love both Hilton and Hill, just for adding a freak player like Newton or Murphy who can do everything great. BJ is as solid as it gets but 
he is not elite and I think Newton or Murphy could be elite.
Reply/Quote
I know Tyler is from Pittsburgh but it would suck if h signs with them. I could stomach KC but not Shittsburgh. I have fond memories of Boyd, like the game winning TD grab in Baltimore that knocked the Ravens out and put the Bills in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 04:16 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I know Tyler is from Pittsburgh but it would suck if h signs with them. I could stomach KC but not Shittsburgh. I have fond memories of Boyd, like the game winning TD grab in Baltimore that knocked the Ravens out and put the Bills in the playoffs.

Same, I like Boyd, but he pissed a lot of fans off last year in one instance I heard about where he didn't stay for autographs or something
when guys like Tee did. Boyd dropping the game winning TD pass against the Texans hurt his cred around here big time on top of that.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 12:37 PM)Whatever Wrote: Just because we need OL doesn't mean we don't also need WR's.  

Agreed. However when u have burrow ur priority is not wide receivers and weapons like it was with dalton it’s protecting burrow cuz if u do that burrow gonna put it in anyones. Couple that fact with the fact that we have arguably already the best wr talent in the league in chase tee Higgins who’s top ten and then early draft pick Charlie jones and yoshi who lol everyone is so high on. Wtf u even taking about lol. We have injured always Trent brown and then nobody and that’s a risk u wanna take into day 2 and 3 of the draft. Send prayers to burrow come week 8 when Cody ford steps in for brown hahah
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 03:37 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Why....

(04-05-2024, 03:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Because we would have three 3-techs and it would free up dough. But if BJ can play NT I am all for keeping him.

I love both Hilton and Hill, just for adding a freak player like Newton or Murphy who can do everything great. BJ is as solid as it gets but 
he is not elite and I think Newton or Murphy could be elite.

There's nothing wrong with having solid veteran depth play the starting roles, allowing the rookie to rotate in at his own pace as he develops over the course of the season. Most rookie DTs, even the ones who turn into plus starters, typically need a bit of development time.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 04:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: There's nothing wrong with having solid veteran depth play the starting roles, allowing the rookie to rotate in at his own pace as he develops over the course of the season. Most rookie DTs, even the ones who turn into plus starters, typically need a bit of development time.

That is true, regardless, Carter is done here for sure with the Rankins pickup.

I want to keep BJ Hill around for sure. I was just throwing something out there different than Hilton getting cut which I definitely do not 
want to see happen. I think Johnny Newton or Byron Murphy would make instant impacts for us in a positive way as rookies as much as 
any pick at 18, well maybe not as much as Brock Bowers.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 04:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is true, regardless, Carter is done here for sure with the Rankins pickup.

I want to keep BJ Hill around for sure. I was just throwing something out there different than Hilton getting cut which I definitely do not 
want to see happen. I think Johnny Newton or Byron Murphy would make instant impacts for us in a positive way as rookies as much as 
any pick at 18, well maybe not as much as Brock Bowers.

Honestly, I don't see any solid/strong starter like Hilton or Hill being cut, particularly in the name of *cap savings*. The only personnel move that I could foresee is Higgins getting traded during the draft, to a team that missed out on the top 3 WRs in this class, and even that wouldn't be in the name of *cap savings* as much as getting draft capital to make the team better.

As for Tyler Boyd coming back to the team, their silence speaks loudly in that they haven't elected to match Pittsburgh's offer of $10M over 2 years.  They indeed want to be younger at the WR position, as they see a couple of OL starters needing replaced in the next two years.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote