• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reasons I am proud of my country
We fought off monarchy and embraced democracy

Separation of church and state

Ability to own property

Social safety nets to protect fellow Americans
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
So true. Hopefully it can stay that way. ThumbsUp
(07-04-2019, 03:01 AM)treee Wrote: We fought off monarchy and embraced democracy

Separation of church and state

Ability to own property

Social safety nets to protect fellow Americans

I'm proud that we have grown and evolved to the point where at least the concept of everyone being truly equal is accepted by a majority.

We are still young compared to the great civilizations of the past...we still have some growing to do.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I am proud that the dynamic that made us a free country still lives today. Brave men and women are willing to sacrifice everything to defend it.

I am proud every four years when we kick every other country's butts in the Olympics

I am proud that we were the first to put a man on the moon
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

I'm proud we can all disagree. You don't like something, you've got a chance to talk about it and maybe it gets changed.

I'm proud of the people willing to make sure we can do the first thing.

I'm proud we're one of (second overall) the top countries to provide aide to other countries, even the ones we don't always agree with.

I'm proud that any day of the week, in any part of the country, you can find a group of unrelated people of different religions and races together at work.
Forgot to add that we have the annual Nathan's Famous Hotdog Eating Contest.

The single most American thing ever.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I am proud, almost in awe, of the Rights (not freedoms as freedoms can be taken away) illustrated to us by our Constitution and subsequent amendments. No other country on Earth, or in history, so thoroughly acknowledges the limits of government control over our citizens and so thoroughly delineates the individual rights of the same. One need look at other supposedly "free" democracies on this planet to see people arrested or even imprisoned for what their opinion, what they read or what they said to see how vitally important these rights are. Please know and acknowledge that there are those on both sides of the aisle who would like to curtail, or even eliminate, some of those rights and react accordingly.

Also happy Independence Day to you all!
I'm proud of the fact that you guys are able to express all of your awful opinions without fear of retaliation from the government.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-04-2019, 10:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I am proud that we ARE the ONLY ONE to put a man on the moon

Fixed it for you.

As I always say when someone shit talks inches and feet and how the US needs to go metric.  "There's two kinds of countries: Countries that use the metric system, and countries that have put people on the moon.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Ray, people will come, Ray.

They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway, not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past.

"Of course, we won't mind if you look around," you'll say. "It's only twenty dollars per person." They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it. For it is money they have and peace they lack.

And they'll walk out to the bleachers, and sit in shirt-sleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game, and it'll be as if they'd dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick, they'll have to brush them away from their faces.

People will come, Ray.

The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball.

America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

This field, this game -- it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again.

Ohhhhhhhh, people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

We have the best women soccer players on the world.

(07-08-2019, 12:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We have the best women soccer players on the world.

Including the game winner by a graduate of Mount Notre Dame one year ahead of my daughter.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-08-2019, 12:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We have the best women soccer players on the world.

Damn right. Half of the total titles have been won by the USWNT.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-08-2019, 01:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Including the game winner by a graduate of Mount Notre Dame one year ahead of my daughter.

(07-08-2019, 01:05 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Damn right. Half of the total titles have been won by the USWNT.

They are actually covering the wage gap between the Men's and Women's team today on NPR. Personally I have mixed feelings. A small part of me thinks pay should be based on performance and any woman good enough to play on the Men's team should. The larger part feels they work equally so pay equally. I've even heard some say the women should get more because they win.

(07-08-2019, 01:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They are actually covering the wage gap between the Men's and Women's team today on NPR. Personally I have mixed feelings. A small part of me thinks pay should be based on performance and any woman good enough to play on the Men's team should. The larger part feels they work equally so pay equally. I've even heard some say the women should get more because they win.

You don't get paid for winning or losing, you get paid for how much you bring in.  So if they bring in as much revenue as the men they should get the same pay, and stop playing until they do.