Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Record predictions
(08-19-2019, 09:54 PM)jason Wrote: Nobody but me thinks we go out there and whoop Seattle?

I don't know about whooping them, but I don't think it's the gimme for Seattle others seem to think it is. I'd certainly love to see this place if they manage to steal that one, though.

As for record prediction... it's tough. I'd feel better about it if we had more concrete information about AJ. At the end of the day, though, I look at that schedule and I just don't see a lot of opponents that are head and shoulders above us (NE and LA for sure... not sold on the Browns yet, sorry not sorry). Honestly, though, this is the first time in a looooooong time where I'm just not really sure what to expect. Since I need to make a prediction and I think .500 is a bit of a  cop-out, I'll go ahead and say 9-7.

Mark my words, though - ZT's setting the tone with a win @Pittsburgh in prime time.
Reply/Quote
I'll take my shot at it...

I suck at this stuff.

@ Seahawks - Win
49ers - Win
@ Bills - Win
@ Steelers - Loss
Cardinals - Win
@ Ravens - Loss
Jaguars - Loss
@ Rams (UK) - Win
Ravens - Win
@ Raiders - Win
Steelers - Loss
Jets - Win
@ Browns - Loss
Patriots - Loss
@ Dolphins - Win
Browns - Win

Final record - 10-6
Reply/Quote
I think we are a 7-9(basement) to 12-4 Ceiling team.
What I like
Defensive Line- Carl Lawson coming back is a huge get for this team.
Secondary- Jackson and Bates are two all pro caliber players.
Skilled positions- a big three of Mixon, Green, and Eifert are all tier 1 players at there position. Health is a concern but injuries are more luck than anything else. Hopefully Green only misses a couple of weeks. Also think Ross & Malone can play well in his absent. Boyd is of course a tier 1 slot player.
QB Andy is a good to very good QB
What I dont like
Offensive line- not one proven guy at there position. I have hope for both Jordan and price though. Also think Glenn can be a solid player but really worried about right side of line.
LB core
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 09:54 PM)jason Wrote: Nobody but me thinks we go out there and whoop Seattle?

I could see us going 3-1 against NFC West.

Taylor has to bring some CI on them.

If we go 3-1 against AFC East, it's hard to imagine lest than a 9-7 record.

Jags are no joke.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pain

7 and 9
I am praying we at least beat the Steelers once this year. Pipe dream
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 10:13 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I don't know about whooping them, but I don't think it's the gimme for Seattle others seem to think it is. I'd certainly love to see this place if they manage to steal that one, though.

As for record prediction... it's tough. I'd feel better about it if we had more concrete information about AJ. At the end of the day, though, I look at that schedule and I just don't see a lot of opponents that are head and shoulders above us (NE and LA for sure... not sold on the Browns yet, sorry not sorry). Honestly, though, this is the first time in a looooooong time where I'm just not really sure what to expect. Since I need to make a prediction and I think .500 is a bit of a  cop-out, I'll go ahead and say 9-7.

Mark my words, though - ZT's setting the tone with a win @Pittsburgh in prime time.

Whoopin' them was an exaggeration.... I don't think it's outta the question to go get a win though. Most of us have them losing that game. The LOB is gone, their TEs are nothing special. They're a run heavy team. It's a tough place to play no doubt, but they beat them last time they were out there.

I also think they get Pittsburgh in prime time... Just a feeling.

I really don't see them finishing any worse than 8-8. 10-6 if they catch a couple of breaks.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 10:24 PM)XsandOs Wrote: I could see us going 3-1 against NFC West.

Taylor has to bring some CI on them.

If we go 3-1 against AFC East, it's hard to imagine lest than a 9-7 record.

Jags are no joke.

Even when they suck, Miami gives us fits for some reason.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 08:40 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm right there with you.

There could be a few who might fall their way and make it a 6-7 win team.

It sure truly feels like a 5 win team though.

Hope I'm wrong.

I hope that we’re both wrong. Anything less than a playoff team doesn’t really matter and I definitely don’t see a playoff team.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 10:57 PM)jason Wrote: Whoopin' them was an exaggeration.... I don't think it's outta the question to go get a win though. Most of us have them losing that game. The LOB is gone, their TEs are nothing special. They're a run heavy team. It's a tough place to play no doubt, but they beat them last time they were out there.

I also think they get Pittsburgh in prime time... Just a feeling.

I really don't see them finishing any worse than 8-8. 10-6 if they catch a couple of breaks.
Now that we no longer have a Steeler double agent in our midst, or should I say, running the show, who knows, maybe we might beat those bastards.  Think how many of those losses were close, heart breaking ones.  How many great first halves followed by lousy second halves did we have against them?  How many times did we fold at the end?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 10:24 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Jags are no joke.

I think the Jags could bounce back and be a pretty tough game for sure, but that team has implosion ridden all over it IMO. Not sure I trust them.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 11:49 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I think the Jags could bounce back and be a pretty tough game for sure, but that team has implosion ridden all over it IMO. Not sure I trust them.
It's always easier coming up than it is getting to the top and staying there, as they found out.  One in a row.   Whoopee.

They should have a killer defense, no matter what. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 10:21 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I think we are a 7-9(basement) to 12-4 Ceiling team.
What I like
Skilled positions- a big three of Mixon, Green, and Eifert are all tier 1 players at there position. Health is a concern but injuries are more luck than anything else. Hopefully Green only misses a couple of weeks. Also think Ross & Malone can play well in his absent. Boyd is of course a tier 1 slot player.
What I dont like
Offensive line- not one proven guy at there position. I have hope for both Jordan and price though. Also think Glenn can be a solid player but really worried about right side of line.
LB core

No one in America thinks we will go between 7-9 to 12-4. Lost all credibility
Reply/Quote
No better than 6-10
Reply/Quote
@ Seahawks - Win
49ers - Loss
@ Bills - Loss
@ Steelers - Loss
Cardinals - Win
@ Ravens - Loss
Jaguars - Loss
@ Rams (UK) - Win
Ravens - Win
@ Raiders - Win
Steelers - Loss
Jets - Win
@ Browns - Win
Patriots - Loss
@ Dolphins - Win
Browns - Loss

8-8 final record is my off the cuff prediction for this year. This team has some good players and some of that new coaching regime enthusiasm this year. They do however have some holes, inexperienced players, and inexperienced coaches. 
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 05:42 PM)Trademark Wrote: What’s your predictions for this team? Here’s my realistic view even with our trash o-line and defense. Still see 10
wins as a possibility

@ Seahawks - Loss
49ers - Loss
@ Bills - Win
@ Steelers - Win
Cardinals - Win
@ Ravens - Loss
Jaguars - Win
@ Rams (UK) - Loss
Ravens - Win
@ Raiders - Win
Steelers - Win
Jets - Win
@ Browns - Loss
Patriots - Loss
@ Dolphins - Win
Browns - Win

Final record - 10-6

Ok...who hacked Trademark’s account?

Sweeping the Steelers? Mighty bold prediction.

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 12:03 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: No one in America thinks we will go between 7-9 to 12-4.  Lost all credibility

No one in America thought we would make it to the playoffs in 2011 and they did. Know one thought Andy Dalton could have had a MVP like season in 15 and he did. Point being I have been on this message board long enough to see that the media knows jack shit about this team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 10:58 PM)jason Wrote: Even when they suck, Miami gives us fits for some reason.

Historically, yes. Same for Raiders.

I think similar to last year, we get a W.

New HC, suspect OL and shaky QB situation.
Reply/Quote
7-9
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 11:49 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I think the Jags could bounce back and be a pretty tough game for sure, but that team has implosion ridden all over it IMO. Not sure I trust them.

Coughlin will surprise us.

They had Josh Allen and Jawan Taylor fall into their lap.

Foles is a cool customer with SB experience.

They will be a tough out.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 10:21 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I think we are a 7-9(basement) to 12-4 Ceiling team.
What I like
What I dont like
LB core

I just want to know how you conclude that Glenn could be a solid player for us?

He hasn't really ever played well and is always injured.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote