@ Browns - Loss
Patriots - Loss
@ Dolphins - Win
Browns - Win

8-8

Not bad for ZT's first season
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 12:03 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: No one in America thinks we will go between 7-9 to 12-4.  Lost all credibility

This is a thread about making predictions.

You lost all credibility by bashing a prediction while not offering up your own prediction. Where is your prediction? 

I may update after 3rd preseason game, but I am hoping no worse than 9-7.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
@ Seahawks - Loss -No A.J. Green , tough place to place can’t stop the run or contain Russel Wilson.
49ers - Loss - Buckner , Bosa , Dee Ford , dominate our o-line. Kittle runs wild vs. our lbs.
@ Bills - Win - there defense is good but there still not good enough on offense
@ Steelers - Loss - New coach but they own us. Until we beat them I will predict a loss.
Cardinals - Win - If we lose to them we’re in trouble. There O-line makes ours look good.
@ Ravens - Loss- Lamar Jackson and Engram run wild.
Jaguars - Loss - There defensive regains it old forum and gives us fits.
@ Rams (UK) - Loss- Super Bowl caliber team beats a team a ways away.
Ravens - Win - We stop the run and force Jackson to beat us through the air.
@ Raiders - Win- think we’re a better team on paper, close game
Steelers - Loss- until we actually beat them I will predict a loss
Jets - Win- close game we barely pull it out.
@ Browns - Loss- to many weapons for our defense to stop them.
Patriots - Loss - No explanation needed
@ Dolphins - Win- Maybe one of the worse teams in the league should win I hope.
Browns - Loss - Again I just don’t trust our defense to stop them

6-10
Reply/Quote
@ Seahawks - Loss
49ers - Loss
@ Bills - Loss
@ Steelers - Loss
Cardinals - Win
@ Ravens - Loss
Jaguars - Loss
@ Rams (UK) - Loss
Ravens - Win
@ Raiders - Win
Steelers - Loss
Jets - Win
@ Browns - Loss
Patriots - Loss
@ Dolphins - Win
Browns - Loss

Final Record: 5-11
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 10:35 AM)lone bengal Wrote: @ Seahawks - Loss -No A.J. Green , tough place to place can’t stop the run or contain Russel Wilson.
49ers - Loss - Buckner , Bosa , Dee Ford , dominate our o-line. Kittle runs wild vs. our lbs.
@ Bills - Win - there defense is good but there still not good enough on offense
@ Steelers - Loss - New coach but they own us. Until we beat them I will predict a loss.
Cardinals - Win - If we lose to them we’re in trouble. There O-line makes ours look good.
@ Ravens - Loss- Lamar Jackson and Engram run wild.
Jaguars - Loss - There defensive regains it old forum and gives us fits.
@ Rams (UK) - Loss- Super Bowl caliber team beats a team a ways away.
Ravens - Win - We stop the run and force Jackson to beat us through the air.
@ Raiders - Win- think we’re a better team on paper, close game
Steelers - Loss- until we actually beat them I will predict a loss
Jets - Win- close game we barely pull it out.
@ Browns - Loss- to many weapons for our defense to stop them.
Patriots - Loss - No explanation needed
@ Dolphins - Win- Maybe one of the worse teams in the league should win I hope.
Browns - Loss - Again I just don’t trust our defense to stop them

6-10

I have seen quite a few predictions having us losing 4 or 5 of last 6 games. 

I think it we only have 3 or 4 wins going into week 16, we lose at Miami also.

I think if we have that a bad a season, ZT hopefully gives guys like Finley a chance to start and play in games switching mindset to development versus winning. Frankly, at the point nothing to play for so why not?

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 10:45 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have seen quite a few predictions having us losing 4 or 5 of last 6 games. 

I think it we only have 3 or 4 wins going into week 16, we lose at Miami also.

I think if we have that a bad a season, ZT hopefully gives guys like Finley a chance to start and play in games switching mindset to development versus winning. Frankly, at the point nothing to play for so why not?

I think Dalton will finish out the year but everything should be reassessed at the end of the season. Maybe they get a top 5 pick and Taylor Wants to start over at QB or maybe Finley is that guy. Dalton may not be worth resigning at 32 if the team is a long way from competing. If Green misses a ton a time maybe he dosent get resigned as well. We got some young talented players on the roster to build around In Boyd, Bates, William Jackson III, Lawson, Hubbard, etc. Need guys like Price and Ross to play well this season and hope Jonah Williams is real deal at LT next year. That would make the rebuilding process go faster.
Reply/Quote
Given the state of the OL now that Jonah is out for (at least) half the season, Boling retired, and maybe Westerman retired, I'm not confident this team gets to 8-8. On top of that, AJ is likely missing (at least) 1 or 2 games and Ross will miss all of preseason without getting hardly any reps in the new offense.

With that said, the Bengals play teams who were also pretty bad last year, so I don't think it's full doom-and-gloom.

My prediction is anywhere between 4-12 and 7-9.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 11:12 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Given the state of the OL now that Jonah is out for (at least) half the season, Boling retired, and maybe Westerman retired, I'm not confident this team gets to 8-8. On top of that, AJ is likely missing (at least) 1 or 2 games and Ross will miss all of preseason without getting hardly any reps in the new offense.

With that said, the Bengals play teams who were also pretty bad last year, so I don't think it's full doom-and-gloom.

My question is if ML was still the coach of this team? Would this be acceptable? Who would have gotten the blame? ML? Veteran players? FO?

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 11:18 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My question is if ML was still the coach of this team? Would this be acceptable? Who would have gotten the blame? ML? Veteran players? FO?

Probably ML and the FO would get the blame for not having good enough depth to replace the injured starters.
This new regime may get a pass though this year because it's a brand new staff and schemes.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 06:46 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I just want to know how you conclude that Glenn could be a solid player for us?

He hasn't really ever played well and is always injured.

All he has do is play like he did in his last year of Buffalo. Also the guy was actually decent in pass protection last season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 11:33 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: All he has do is play like he did in his last year of Buffalo. Also the guy was actually decent in pass protection last season.

Preston Brown also needs to play like he did his last year in BUF.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
6-10 at best. I dont get how some of you think 10-6.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 11:12 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Given the state of the OL now that Jonah is out for (at least) half the season......

I have been under the impression that he is lost for the season. Is that not the case?
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 11:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Preston Brown also needs to play like he did his last year in BUF.

I think Preston will eventually move out of Nickle and Pratt will replace him. Sooner rather than later.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 11:54 AM)scorp1974 Wrote: 6-10 at best.  I dont get how some of you think 10-6.

AD has a history of taking teams predicted to be very bad (year #1 many said worst team in the league preseason) and getting them in playoffs. I did not predict, but hoped for 9. I think as fans we want to be optimistic now and are hoping for a good year. 

What is wrong with that?

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 12:04 PM)XsandOs Wrote: I have been under the impression that he is lost for the season. Is that not the case?

I believe there has been mention made of him possibly being back before the end of the year but it seems more like wishful thinking than a realistic hope.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 12:04 PM)XsandOs Wrote: I have been under the impression that he is lost for the season. Is that not the case?

Heard it mentioned that Jonah Williams might have a chance to be returned from IR later in the season.
Trying to find source to confirm...
https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-jonah-still-preparing-crocker-coaching-for-real
Quote:It’s a longshot, but the Bengals haven’t given up on the idea of rookie left tackle Jonah Williams playing late in the year. His torn labrum may very well be a season-ender, but you could see them keeping him on the physically unable to perform list (PUP) at the start of the season rather ending his season on injured reserve in order to keep their proverbial options open.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 12:05 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I think Preston will eventually move out of Nickle and Pratt will replace him. Sooner rather than later.

Yea, I don't see Brown as an ideal option in nickel but he still might be one of the top 2 options. We'll have to see.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 11:12 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Given the state of the OL now that Jonah is out for (at least) half the season, Boling retired, and maybe Westerman retired, I'm not confident this team gets to 8-8. On top of that, AJ is likely missing (at least) 1 or 2 games and Ross will miss all of preseason without getting hardly any reps in the new offense.

You're make way too much sense.

Sure that's your final answer?

LMAO 

It sure did get WAY too personal in this thread didn't it?!?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 12:18 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You're make way too much sense.

Sure that's your final answer?

LMAO 

It sure did get WAY too personal in this thread didn't it?!?

It's getting that way across multiple threads actually. Season needs to start.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote