Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redmond Waived; Deion Calhoun Claimed

I know nothing about this guy, but I think this falls under the same category of if they replaced Finley with a different backup. Anyone has to be better.

Amazing to me that someone in the FO actually valued Redmond at $2.13m this offseason only for him to be waived. Glad that they moved on, though.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

EDIT:

Deion Calhoun 2019 PFF Grade: 44.2
471 offensive snaps played, 2 penalties, 2 sacks allowed

UDFA for Miami in 2019
6'3", 310lbs

Will make $675k in 2020 and $850k in 2021.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
How many penalties does getting rid of Redman eliminate?
Reply/Quote
2nd year OG out of Mississippi State. Signed as a UDFA by Miami. Played 10 games last season starting 7. Best game was the game against us

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Doesn’t look like a great player either, but if stays healthy and doesn’t get 4 penalties a game, upgrade. Is this really the best they could do with the first overall claim?
Reply/Quote
If he goes unclaimed anticipate Redmond being on the PS

Reply/Quote
10 minutes until practice squad?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 01:45 PM)pally Wrote: If he goes unclaimed anticipate Redmond being on the PS

Feel the same, this move saved some dough.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 01:50 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: 10 minutes until practice squad?

maybe 15  Wink

with the lack of moves from the waiver wire, it will be interesting to see how many players from other teams they sign.  Because they don't have to be on the active roster this week, the PS will have a bit more flexibility to wait on COVID testing for inbound players

Reply/Quote
FWIW, PFF had Redmond at 50.6 last year.
Reply/Quote
The lack of activity on the waiver wire makes perfect sense given COVID & the lack of preseason games. Unless there is a clear uprade, or a salary/cap reason for a move, I expect most teams to retain their own guys, mostly.

Especially for undrafted FAs & guys with no/little NFL tape. Hard for teams to know they are an upgrade with no tape.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 01:59 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: FWIW, PFF had Redmond at 50.6 last year.

He only played in 3 games last year between his suspension and injury

Reply/Quote
Redmond just lacks the smarts to play at a high level. He was a constant drive killer
Reply/Quote
I'm not familiar with the PFF grading scale but 44.2 seems awful low to me. Especially since Calhoun started 7 games and played in 10. I'm not complaining about the pick-up. I'm guessing the Bengals saw something with the eye test.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 02:31 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: I'm not familiar with the PFF grading scale but 44.2 seems awful low to me.  Especially since Calhoun started 7 games and played in 10.  I'm not complaining about the pick-up.  I'm guessing the Bengals saw something with the eye test.

I guess he had a good game vs us. Plus, he was available all of last year, didn't get caught doping (PED), and is 1/3rd of the cap hit.

A roughly equal player for less money and with less baggage.
Reply/Quote
Here's something I didn't know:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 01:42 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: How many penalties does getting rid of Redman eliminate?

Jville will sign Redmond. They.need to.bring in all the bums they can now. Wanna send your QB to.the ground.? Sign Redmind
Reply/Quote
It is nice to see the team moving on from guys this year that have just hung around on the bottom of the roster and showed no signs of ever improving. Redmond, Glasgow (mostly injuries), Schreck. Now if we can just get Hart out of here...
Reply/Quote
Im.surprised the Redmond.fan.club.isnt griping over.this move
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 03:03 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: It is nice to see the team moving on from guys this year that have just hung around on the bottom of the roster and showed no signs of ever improving. Redmond, Glasgow (mostly injuries), Schreck. Now if we can just get Hart out of here...

Hart has improved though but needs to continue to get better . 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Glad to see Redmond gone.Consistant drive killing penalty machine.Now,if they would only play Fred Johnson in place of Hart.It’s only a matter of time before Johnson becomes the starter.
Reply/Quote