Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redmond to start Sunday
(10-04-2020, 05:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why the hell wasn't he starting from day one?

That is a very good question. I understand Jax D hasnt got a bunch of sacks this season, but they have also not allowed a 100 yard rusher even when facing Derrick Henry. Redmond helped get Mixon going and there was a way better pocket for Burrow today. Big difference. kind of makes Turner look like an idiot though, imo.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 05:47 PM)McC Wrote: At least part of the time he was hurt or suspended or something.

Ah that’s right. PED’s. They clearly worked. Lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Let’s slow our roll a bit here. Jags Dline has been one of the worst this season.
Reply/Quote
I made it a point to watch Alex Redmond today and I believe he made Bobby Hart play better.
Reply/Quote
The Jags blow , Redmond will probably play below average all year and that will be enough for the Bengals to not sign any free agent guards would be my nightmare. A Hart and Redmond combine to start 2021.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 05:50 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Let’s slow our roll a bit here. Jags Dline has been one of the worst this season.

Can we just be happy for an hour?  One stinking hour?  Is that asking too much?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 05:50 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Let’s slow our roll a bit here. Jags Dline has been one of the worst this season.

They had not allowed 100 yds on the ground before today.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 05:53 PM)McC Wrote: Can we just be happy for an hour?  One stinking hour?  Is that asking too much?

I am very happy. Just pointing out that one good game by Redmond does not mean these Oline issues are resolved one bit.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 05:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They had not allowed 100 yds on the ground before today.

It would appear our allotted time for feeling good about anything is right around 45 minutes.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 05:56 PM)McC Wrote: It would appear our allotted time for feeling good about anything is right around 45 minutes.

And that might be generous with our fans

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 05:55 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I am very happy. Just pointing out that one good game by Redmond does not mean these Oline issues are resolved one bit.

Thank you for a much needed dose of realism. Now if the Bengals can run against the Ravens then I think the offensive line might be for real.
Reply/Quote
He still had a few problems, but he played much better than I expected considering this was his first game action since last year. Appears to have at least stopped the bleeding. Now he just needs to stay healthy.

Still had 1 penalty, 1 QB hit and 1 QB hurry that I saw. Also, 1 whiff on a run block.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:16 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He still had a few problems, but he played much better than I expected considering this was his first game action since last year. Appears to have at least stopped the bleeding. Now he just needs to stay healthy.

Still had 1 penalty, 1 QB hit and 1 QB hurry that I saw. Also, 1 whiff on a run block.

Zero Penalties. The Refs called his number but the replay showed it was Michael Jordan.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:18 PM)Synric Wrote: Zero Penalties. The Refs called his number but the replay showed it was Michael Jordan.

He horse collared a guy and was flagged for it. Didn't bring him to the ground but it was pretty apparent

It was a good effort. He impressed the hell out of me for his first action in a long while
Reply/Quote
How did this coaching staff come to the conclusion that Fred Johnson and Billy Price were worthy of PT ahead of Redmond?

I'm not saying Redmond is great, or he's the answer to all of our problems. But he's clearly better than Fred Johnson.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 08:07 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: How did this coaching staff come to the conclusion that Fred Johnson and Billy Price were worthy of PT ahead of Redmond?

I'm not saying Redmond is great, or he's the answer to all of our problems. But he's clearly better than Fred Johnson.

I think Redmond was suspended for the first few weeks because of PED’s. So maybe he wasn’t getting the reps in camp?

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 08:07 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: How did this coaching staff come to the conclusion that Fred Johnson and Billy Price were worthy of PT ahead of Redmond?

I'm not saying Redmond is great, or he's the answer to all of our problems.  But he's clearly better than Fred Johnson.

He started TC on the NFI list and couldn't even pass his physical until August 31.  Hard to evaluate a guy that isn't able to practice.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 02:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Alex (false start my heart) Redmond is back!   Ninja

Seriously, I just hope that he has a huge chip on his shoulder and takes it out on Jag defenders.

Man, am I so glad that he did show up with a chip on his shoulder..   Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 08:11 PM)Whatever Wrote: He started TC on the NFI list and couldn't even pass his physical until August 31.  Hard to evaluate a guy that isn't able to practice.

I mean, he's been on the team for years, and has seen starts.  He played under this staff last season.  In fact, they rewarded him with a 2 mil dollar deal in the offseason.

I think they should have a great enough handle on the situation to be able know, even without training camp, that's he's more capable than Fred Johnson.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 05:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I made it a point to watch Alex Redmond today and I believe he made Bobby Hart play better.

Was he threatening him and his family if he didn't perform better?  Like the knife to the throat type of thing?
Reply/Quote