Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redmond-very telling quote
(09-05-2018, 10:42 PM)Synric Wrote: ****'em up Alex....Just wait until the ball is snapped. Lol

He's gonna be out there shankin' them and using brass knuckles. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Folks put 'em back in your pants. Oline coaches coach differently. It has been noted that PA was more of a retreat and catch type guy; while Pollack is more aggressive. Different Oline coaches have different philosophies,
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lap also mentioned that he was never a fan of PA's philosophy of retreat and catch coaching.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 08:08 PM)pally Wrote: I thought this was an interesting indictment of Paulie and likely Zampese.  And it reflects what we've said for more than a few years.

https://www.bengals.com/news/redmond-mean-streaks-into-opener

Indeed, listen to Redmond and it’s as if Pollack has set him free as a player, unleashing that mean streak.

“My new offensive line coach absolutely loves it. He loves everything about the physicality of all that kind of stuff. I’ve other coaches in the past tell me to be something I wasn’t and they’re gone now, thankfully,” Redmond said. “He understands. When you go out there he knows that it’s tough. It’s a hard game to play, so he gets it … They’re pretty much letting me loose, let me do my thing. I’m excited.”

My very favorite line.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 08:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: The first olineman to take a shot at the Alexander (that I can remember).

Well, it probably would have been career suicide for a player to do it while PA was still here since he was so close to the owner. 

Plus he may not have realized it until he got a new coach and just thought it was the NFL way. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 08:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: The first olineman to take a shot at the Alexander (that I can remember).

Hopefully MIKE BROWN doesn't punish him (Redmond) with his "sensitiveness clause".
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 12:48 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Lap also mentioned that he was never a fan of PA's philosophy of retreat and catch coaching.

Actually the one thing pretty much no one criticizes is PAs pass protection.
Reply/Quote
I LOVE this and I'm glad that Pollack is letting the best players play, coaching them, and seems to have them fired up to play football, but I'll be PISSED if Mixon explodes and has a big year because I didn't take him early in the second round of any of my drafts and was hoping he'd fall to the third.

Oh well....... Bengals top fantasy football, but all offseason I had wanted to take him in the second (or even late first) but then I just couldn't bring myself to do it considering how bad our right side looked most of preseason.
Reply/Quote
Well, I'll tell you one thing, Ogbuehi's really got that "retreat" thing down.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 08:08 PM)pally Wrote: I thought this was an interesting indictment of Paulie and likely Zampese.  And it reflects what we've said for more than a few years.

https://www.bengals.com/news/redmond-mean-streaks-into-opener

Indeed, listen to Redmond and it’s as if Pollack has set him free as a player, unleashing that mean streak.

“My new offensive line coach absolutely loves it. He loves everything about the physicality of all that kind of stuff. I’ve other coaches in the past tell me to be something I wasn’t and they’re gone now, thankfully,” Redmond said. “He understands. When you go out there he knows that it’s tough. It’s a hard game to play, so he gets it … They’re pretty much letting me loose, let me do my thing. I’m excited.”

I think Fej is becoming threatened by Redmond, who is attempting to steal my affections to by "My Guy".  

I love you, Fej, and I can't quit you...

But...

Redmond is a starter now (finally!) and I think his attitude can give this offense some identity and toughness that they haven't really had since Bobbie Williams and Richie Braham.  It is just SO IMPORTANT.  

I was a little bit like "whoa" when I read the quote about "Was I 20 yards better than the next guy? I guess I was".  Hopkins just went "ouch".

Take it and never look back, Alex.  If you step up and do what I think you can do this year, you will be awarded with a nice contract and we will only have to focus on the RT position next draft.  Heck, maybe the also incredibly young Hart will take the job for good.  Who knows?

I just love that they are going with Redmond and I can't wait to see his first pancake against Indy. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 02:35 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I LOVE this and I'm glad that Pollack is letting the best players play, coaching them, and seems to have them fired up to play football, but I'll be PISSED if Mixon explodes and has a big year because I didn't take him early in the second round of any of my drafts and was hoping he'd fall to the third.  

Oh well.......  Bengals top fantasy football, but all offseason I had wanted to take him in the second (or even late first) but then I just couldn't bring myself to do it considering how bad our right side looked most of preseason.

I would fail miserably in a thousand fantasy leagues if my real life team won it all.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
It was less than two days ago when most people here and other sites wanted Westerman over Redmond, but ahhh, the good ol Hobson and Marvin Vulcan mind meld trick to make everyone believe that Alex Redmond was the big bad brute all along and now that he's going to start they pull the rabbit out of the hat to introduce the bar room brawler, the guy you want in the proverbial dark alley.. 
Truth is dark alleys are among the  safest places to hang out. Why? Nobody goes to hang out in dark alleys. Thieves,  muggers and thugs would much rather be where the money is. There's no money in dark alleys unless you're selling used trash cans. 
Anyway, I hope Redmond is the guy they're trying to convince us he is. Otherwise he's just another piece of football fiction. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 11:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  Oline coaches coach differently. It has been noted that PA was more of a retreat and catch type guy; while Pollack is more aggressive. Different Oline coaches have different philosophies,

sure they coach differently and have different philosophies but a coach becomes a liability when they are unable to

1) coach to your personnel's strengths and abilities
2) coach your line to produce for your offensive coordinator's preferred offensive schemes
3) coach without your style and philosophy becoming stale and unable to adjust to a changing NFL or skills of players coming out of college

Alexander needed the wake-up call as much as our offensive line did

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 10:22 AM)pally Wrote: sure they coach differently and have different philosophies but a coach becomes a liability when they are unable to

2) coach your line to produce for your offensive coordinator's preferred offensive schemes
3) coach without your style and philosophy becoming stale and unable to adjust to a changing NFL or skills of players coming out of college

Alexander was canned for his poor talent evaluation imo.  He had a track record of hitting home runs with every premium pick he got, but whiffing on Og and Fisher, hanging onto Bodine too long, and choosing Livings over Mathis doomed him . His inability to find and develop diamond in the rough players in the later rounds also killed him.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 11:04 AM)Whatever Wrote: Alexander was canned for his poor talent evaluation imo.  He had a track record of hitting home runs with every premium pick he got, but whiffing on Og and Fisher, hanging onto Bodine too long, and choosing Livings over Mathis doomed him . His inability to find and develop diamond in the rough players in the later rounds also killed him.

goes along with the inability to coach to the players strengths and abilities.  He kept trying to put square pegs in a round holes

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 10:22 AM)pally Wrote: sure they coach differently and have different philosophies but a coach becomes a liability when they are unable to

This, and......

(09-06-2018, 11:14 AM)pally Wrote: goes along with the inability to coach to they players strengths and abilities.  He kept trying to put square pegs in a round holes

This.  I've felt for a few years that the game just passed him by.  He refused to adapt, which sealed his fate.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 04:32 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: Well, I'll tell you one thing, Ogbuehi's really got that "retreat" thing down.

No wonder PA had a stiffy for him. 

"Wow, look at him catch the defender and retreat into the QB's lap. Top 5 talent!"
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 09:54 AM)grampahol Wrote: It was less than two days ago when most people here and other sites wanted Westerman over Redmond, but ahhh, the good ol Hobson and Marvin Vulcan mind meld trick to make everyone believe that Alex Redmond was the big bad brute all along and now that he's going to start they pull the rabbit out of the hat to introduce the bar room brawler, the guy you want in the proverbial dark alley.. 
Truth is dark alleys are among the  safest places to hang out. Why? Nobody goes to hang out in dark alleys. Thieves,  muggers and thugs would much rather be where the money is. There's no money in dark alleys unless you're selling used trash cans. 
Anyway, I hope Redmond is the guy they're trying to convince us he is. Otherwise he's just another piece of football fiction. 

after getting pulled last week i wrote him off from starting 1st game .. goes to show you, this was a wide open competition to the end.. Also i was shocked he had ballooned up to 350 as a guard... wow.. i thought he looked slow last year now i know why.. 315 is great.. maybe the offseason put some perspective in his eyes to get his weight under control... lets hope it is not a one week start and he gets it done on Sunday
Reply/Quote
Marvin said he had "several" talks about practice not being the WWE, and that sometimes you have to sit to learn. I suspect Redmond was their starter in their minds all the time, they just didn't want to tell him because they wanted him to settle down. I also like his attitude when asked about playing other spots, and said he could play right guard and "Absolutely could 100% play right tackle". The kid does not lack confidence....
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 09:54 AM)grampahol Wrote: It was less than two days ago when most people here and other sites wanted Westerman over Redmond, but ahhh, the good ol Hobson and Marvin Vulcan mind meld trick to make everyone believe that Alex Redmond was the big bad brute all along and now that he's going to start they pull the rabbit out of the hat to introduce the bar room brawler, the guy you want in the proverbial dark alley.. 

Thanks for this! Best thing I’ve read on here in a long time. This sounds more accurate than a another “Armand binnsesque“ article. Lol
Reply/Quote