Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redmond-very telling quote
(09-05-2018, 08:08 PM)pally Wrote: I thought this was an interesting indictment of Paulie and likely Zampese.  And it reflects what we've said for more than a few years.

https://www.bengals.com/news/redmond-mean-streaks-into-opener

Indeed, listen to Redmond and it’s as if Pollack has set him free as a player, unleashing that mean streak.

“My new offensive line coach absolutely loves it. He loves everything about the physicality of all that kind of stuff. I’ve other coaches in the past tell me to be something I wasn’t and they’re gone now, thankfully,” Redmond said. “He understands. When you go out there he knows that it’s tough. It’s a hard game to play, so he gets it … They’re pretty much letting me loose, let me do my thing. I’m excited.”

Kind of surprised a player would say this but i agree with him wholeheartedly and hope that Pollack gets the penalties
under control with Redmond cause he could be very good especially in the running game. This kind of hints at what
some of us thought all along. More than hints at it, which is why i am surprised he said it.

I am excited too cause Redmond cause has the skills and length to be very good.

Just need to clean up the penalties and the pass blocking. Young tho, could happen. We all know it was going to take
time for this line to gel especially in the run game, i am just happy we are not getting our starting QB killed anymore.
Reply/Quote
Boling said. “That’s one of the good things about him. You are kind of dialing him back sometimes and that sort of thing. Most of the time you are trying to get guys to play hard and that sort of thing. For him, it’s the opposite.”

“Every now and then,” said sophomore defensive tackle Ryan Glasgow with a smile, who says Redmond has toned it down from last year. “I think that’s a maturity thing as well for people on the other side of it. Everyone here wants to get better working on technique. It’s a waste of energy on a 95-degree day in the middle of August throwing some punches or throwing someone down when the next play is the most important.”

Price said of him and Redmond. “Clint’s his own character. It’s going to be cool having (Redmond’s) energy and having him coming in just smashing people. But let’s do it controlled. Let’s do it the right way."

Sounds to me like Paul Alexander was not the only one who was telling Redmond to get things under control.  No need to throw a coach under the bus for trying to help a player.  Redmond has also lost a lot of weight and gotten in better shape since last year.  If Redmond blossoms into a good starter you can't claim PA was "holding him back".  He had some issues he had to correct.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 12:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Boling said. “That’s one of the good things about him. You are kind of dialing him back sometimes and that sort of thing. Most of the time you are trying to get guys to play hard and that sort of thing. For him, it’s the opposite.”

“Every now and then,” said sophomore defensive tackle Ryan Glasgow with a smile, who says Redmond has toned it down from last year. “I think that’s a maturity thing as well for people on the other side of it. Everyone here wants to get better working on technique. It’s a waste of energy on a 95-degree day in the middle of August throwing some punches or throwing someone down when the next play is the most important.”

Price said of him and Redmond. “Clint’s his own character. It’s going to be cool having (Redmond’s) energy and having him coming in just smashing people. But let’s do it controlled. Let’s do it the right way."

Sounds to me like Paul Alexander was not the only one who was telling Redmond to get things under control.  No need to throw a coach under the bus for trying to help a player.  Redmond has also lost a lot of weight and gotten in better shape since last year.  If Redmond blossoms into a good starter you can't claim PA was "holding him back".  He had some issues he had to correct.

There's a difference between telling your guy not to punch his teammates in August, and discouraging him from playing aggressive against opponents in the real games.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
He helped throw my team under the bus the last few years, i can throw him under it if i want. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 01:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There's a difference between telling your guy not to punch his teammates in August, and discouraging him from playing aggressive against opponents in the real games.

Yeah. PA sucked and jettisoning him will probably turn out as the single biggest move of this season. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 01:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah. PA sucked and jettisoning him will probably turn out as the single biggest move of this season. 

True that, plus adding a proven O-line coach with a proven resume who likes to coach his guys to play aggressive
was big. Sure, i thought about anyone would of been better than PA but getting Frank Pollack the guy who coached
the Cowboys blew my mind. Thought we would of just brought in somebody that was decent.

This guy is more than decent and we will see it as the season goes on.

But we will need patience, cannot turn the soggy shit sandwich PA left here into a reuben overnight.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 01:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There's a difference between telling your guy not to punch his teammates in August, and discouraging him from playing aggressive against opponents in the real games.

Paul never told him not to play aggressive against opponents in a game.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 02:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True that, plus adding a proven O-line coach with a proven resume who likes to coach his guys to play aggressive
was big. Sure, i thought about anyone would of been better than PA but getting Frank Pollack the guy who coached
the Cowboys blew my mind. Thought we would of just brought in somebody that was decent.

But we will need patience, cannot turn the soggy shit sandwich PA left here into a reuben overnight.

What are you talking about . we did not sign pollack away from the cowboys. They did not want him back.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 02:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True that, plus adding a proven O-line coach with a proven resume who likes to coach his guys to play aggressive

Yeah, i didn't word my post properly. I meant that the whole thing--PA gone, Pollack here--would make the biggest difference. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 05:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What are you talking about . we did not sign pollack away from the cowboys. They did not want him back.

Never said that we signed Pollack away from the Cowboys, what are you talking about? Mellow

Pollack was only on the market for like a few hours before we snatched him up.

Who knows if we or somebody else didn't if they would of wanted him back. They would be idiots not to want him back...

But it is Jerry Jones and he was just cleaning house. Terrible move by him, especially signing PA.

We will all see it once there is an injury to that stellar line Pollack coached. Just watch, keep telling you this Fred. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 05:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah, i didn't word my post properly. I meant that the whole thing--PA gone, Pollack here--would make the biggest difference. 

Thought so. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Wink 
(09-06-2018, 01:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually the one thing pretty much no one criticizes is PAs pass protection.

I think Andy Dalton and Carson Palmer might have a slightly different opinion.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 07:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I think Andy Dalton and Carson Palmer might have a slightly different opinion.

No doubt !
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 07:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I think Andy Dalton and Carson Palmer might have a slightly different opinion.

(09-08-2018, 07:42 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: No doubt !

No they wouldn't.  Since Dalton became our starter in 2011 Bengals have allowed 8th fewest sacks in the league.  Thye were top ten in the Palmer era also.
Reply/Quote