Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds April 2023 Games Thread
Lodolo got rocked yesterday and Stoudt got rocked today. So I guess it will be bullpen's turn tomorrow?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 06:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Lodolo got rocked yesterday and Stoudt got rocked today. So I guess it will be bullpen's turn tomorrow?
And they're walking into the Pirates who have had 9 straight starting pitchers go at least 6 innings so their bullpen is very rested. They just swept the Rockies so they're playing solid right now. while the Reds were just shut out two games in a row.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
The Reds are 3-7 over their last 10 games. They have 9 games remaining in April. 3 more vs. Pirates who are pretty hot right now. Then 3 at home vs. Rangers whom are also hot. Then 3 on road vs. lowly A's.

It would be nice to see the Reds get hot and win 6 of these games. Hopefully Ashcraft can right the boat today but they've got Cessa slated for tomorrow so be prepared for another drubbing early.
Reply/Quote
Reds lose again today. I didn't expect too much, but I would like more wins.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2023, 01:17 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Reds lose again today. I didn't expect too much, but I would like more wins.

Cessa today = loss
Reply/Quote
Reds lose 2-1 with Cessa doing ok. The basement is a lonely place.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Well it's 6 loses in a row and only 2 wins in last 10. Greene pitched a good game but the offense has checked out. Total of 6 runs during this skid and have been shut out three times.

I feel like a broken record but again I had no illusions this team was going to be a contender. I was just hoping they'd play close to .500, have a tiny bit of hope watching them, see a bit of decent games.

But they're already 8.5 games out and it's not even end of April. Going to be another long summer.
Reply/Quote
This offense sucks.

Call up the young guns (EDLC, CES, McClain) by mid May because this is painful to watch.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 09:54 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This offense sucks.

Call up the young guns (EDLC, CES, McClain) by mid May because this is painful to watch.

Yes, who cares about starting their clock for service time and the such. Give the fans something to follow.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 09:56 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Yes, who cares about starting their clock for service time and the such. Give the fans something to follow.

Exactly. They call up the players that can generate offense, they generate offense, they start winning games, the fans come and watch.

The literal point of a sport is to win.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 09:54 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This offense sucks.

^What he said^
Reply/Quote
Lodolo getting hit again after he struck out the side in the first inning. Oh well, just another day at the ballpark.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 08:26 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Lodolo getting hit again after he struck out the side in the first inning. Oh well, just another day at the ballpark.

Maybe spoke too soon. Offense trying to show up tonight.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
REDS WALK IT OFF!!!! Rangers were 12-0 when scoring 5+ runs and the Reds of all teams break that streak!
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 10:19 PM)cinci4life Wrote: REDS WALK IT OFF!!!!  Rangers were 12-0 when scoring 5+ runs and the Reds of all teams break that streak!

Perhaps they can get something going now? Doesn't hurt to dream, right?
Reply/Quote
Yay! One in a row! The bullpen has been pretty solid thgeir last couple of games. Glad that they DFA'd Vosler and brought up Ramos' hot bat from Louisville. Votto should be back after a second rehab assignment so hopefully the offense gets a bit of a boost.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Reds at Home in series play are 1 Win, 1 Loss, 2 Ties. Their win last night against Rangers gives them a chance to win another series at home. The Reds are not a good road team so far, and may not be in 2023. However if they could win at home in Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, that might bring in Fans.

If you don't look at how awful they are on the road, they really haven't been that bad at home. At least they are winning games for the home fans buying tickets to the game. I would rather have them win at home and lose on the road, than lose at home and win on the road, it's better for the ticket buying fans.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 04:53 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Yay! One in a row! The bullpen has been pretty solid thgeir last couple of games. Glad that they DFA'd Vosler and brought up Ramos' hot bat from Louisville. Votto should be back after a second rehab assignment so hopefully the offense gets a bit of a boost.

Yep, Vosler's .161 BA and 25 strikeouts just had to go.  Lets hope Stephenson's bat heats up. And don't look now but Senzel has played in 11 games without hitting DL. Could this be the year he finally lives up to all the hype from 5 years ago or whatever?

Ok, I've had one to many drinks Drunk
Reply/Quote
Reds down 6-0 come off the mat in the 8th with 6 runs and win 7-6!!!!!
Reply/Quote