Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds April 2023 Games Thread
(04-25-2023, 10:17 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Reds down 6-0 come off the mat in the 8th with 6 runs and win 7-6!!!!!

Did not expect that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 10:17 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Reds down 6-0 come off the mat in the 8th with 6 runs and win 7-6!!!!!

I turned it off when they went down 6-0. Just checked on final figuring it would be 15-0 or something and went "WTF"??

Damn good rally fellas!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This bullpen was surprisingly solid again.

I'm liking this Ramos dude. He has extended several innings with some good at bats.

Hopefully Senzel continues to improve after little to no spring training. If they are going to contend for .500, they're going to need him to show that potential that *bengalfan74* mentioned above.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
2 wins in a row against the hot Rangers. Win 'em anyway you can. Maybe a sweep is in order. That would be nice.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 11:23 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: This bullpen was surprisingly solid again.

I'm liking this Ramos dude. He has extended several innings with some good at bats.

Hopefully Senzel continues to improve after little to no spring training. If they are going to contend for .500, they're going to need him to show that potential that *bengalfan74* mentioned above.

Yup

Now on to Barrero? I just don't know what to make of him? In the old school baseball team setup, your SS typically was one of your lower end batters. He fills that bill I guess. I mean he's decent on defense. But man hovering around.200 BA with .300 OBP and only 8 runs scored he doesn't offer much on "O".

Here's to hoping he can turn it up a notch or two. Cheers
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 10:42 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup

Now on to Barrero? I just don't know what to make of him? In the old school baseball team setup, your SS typically was one of your lower end batters. He fills that bill I guess. I mean he's decent on defense. But man hovering around.200 BA with .300 OBP and only 8 runs scored he doesn't offer much on "O".

I think we can safely say that Barrero just can't hit. He's at 367 PA in the majors now and he's a career .178 hitter with 21 walks and 137 strikeouts. He's got an OPS+ of 25 (100 is league average, so 75% below average offensively) and a career -2.7 WAR.

Jose Barrero's ISO: .059
Billy Hamilton's ISO with the Reds: .088

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 10:58 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think we can safely say that Barrero just can't hit. He's at 367 PA in the majors now and he's a career .178 hitter with 21 walks and 137 strikeouts. He's got an OPS+ of 25 (100 is league average, so 75% below average offensively) and a career -2.7 WAR.

Jose Barrero's ISO: .059
Billy Hamilton's ISO with the Reds: .088

Yup

I'm trying to give him a slight benefit of the doubt because he's still kinda young. But this is now his 4th trial and he's not improved, at all.

And he's getting to the point now where like whoever said ? "you are what the back of your baseball card says you are". If he can't hit around .265 - .280 and get on base a lot more/score more runs, I just don't know?
Reply/Quote
SENZEL WALKOFF 2 RUN HR!!!!!!!!!!! REDS SWEEP!!!!!!!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
So The Reds are now 2 Wins, 1 Loss and 2 Ties at Home in series play. Awful on the road, and not so bad at home. They are giving the fans that buy tickets to GABP some Wins and maybe Reds can build back up their Home Attendance after awful 2022 Home Attendance and of course no Home Attendance in 2020. As Yogi Berra commercial, Yogi said, " that would mean cash which is as good as money ". Of course my favorite Yogi Berra is in restaurant Yogi ordered a pizza. They asked if he would like it sliced in 4 or 8 pieces. Yogi said better make it 4, I'm not sure I can eat 8 pieces.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 04:12 PM)cinci4life Wrote: SENZEL WALKOFF 2 RUN HR!!!!!!!!!!!   REDS SWEEP!!!!!!!

So sweet, way to go Senzel ThumbsUp

Perhaps this sweep of a (so far) good ball club will give them some spark. Get back around .500
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 07:48 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: So sweet, way to go Senzel ThumbsUp

Perhaps this sweep of a (so far) good ball club will give them some spark. Get back around .500

Did he tweak a muscle with the swing?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 01:47 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: 2 wins in a row against the hot Rangers. Win 'em anyway you can. Maybe a sweep is in order. That would be nice.

Keep going!  Astros' fan here.  :)

FYI - grew up a Reds fan.  My grandparents had season Tickets from 1972-98 and in the 70's we went to 50-60 games a year (we lived 3 hours from Cincy).  Moved to Houston in 1995 and that plus the two decades of suck by the Reds, changed my allegiances.  Glad to see the Reds putting a decent product on the field for the fans.  You guys are as dedicated as we Bengals 1991-2003 crew.
Reply/Quote
5 in a row after scoring 2 in the 9th to take the lead!!!
Reply/Quote
Closing in on .500 ball at the end of April. Hunter Greene looking SHARP.
Reply/Quote
It would be nice to sweep A's because Padres are next and they're a better team. Then we have W.sox at home and they're bad.

I'd love to see this team sneak above .500 before taking on Mets.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 10:42 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup

He really has not impressed on the field much either, to many mental errors.  Ready to try someone else there.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 09:43 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Closing in on .500 ball at the end of April. Hunter Greene looking SHARP.

Greene looks OK, but he gets himself into a lot of trouble, would love to see him start pitching instead of trying to blow people away.
Reply/Quote
Winning streak over as Reds choked it away in the bottom of the 9th.
Reply/Quote