Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds May 2024 thread
Well great. Fraley takes a pitch off the hand and leaves the game after the inning was over.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2024, 02:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: major-league-still-shitty.gif]

(Yesterday, 08:30 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Do you remember that scene in Major League, where the grounds crew mutters "They still stink"? Seems fitting for the Reds right now.

Why yes, yes I do. ;)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
It's a miracle!!!! Diaz got the save!
Reply/Quote
This team literally only wins when Elly carries them.

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 10:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This team literally only wins when Elly carries them.

The pitching won it tonight though.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 10:12 PM)cinci4life Wrote: The pitching won it tonight though.

That and Elly’s RBI. One hit outside of him is pathetic though.

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 10:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That and Elly’s RBI. One hit outside of him is pathetic though.

That wasn't the actual winning run.
Reply/Quote
Reds get win #20.

Attendance was around 19,000 tonight. This is a big Holiday homestand for Reds. Reds are near the bottom in home attendance this season. That ain't good. Reds need to fill the seats this homestand. Hopefully some sell-out crowds,

I'm keeping an eye on how many wins Reds can get to this month. Maybe more important I'm keeping an eye on if Fans show up at GABP over this Memorial Day long homestand. If you want better players next year, that's going to take Fans spending some Money.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 10:34 PM)cinci4life Wrote: That wasn't the actual winning run.

You’re right, I forgot they were already up 1-0. Point still stands. He IS their offense. I’ve never seen such a bad hitting Reds team in my lifetime.

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 10:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re right, I forgot they were already up 1-0. Point still stands. He IS their offense. I’ve never seen such a bad hitting Reds team in my lifetime.

I do agree with you about Elly being the offense most of the time. Hitting might not get any better if we keep having players take fastballs off the hand/wrist/elbow. Just too many players getting injured.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 10:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re right, I forgot they were already up 1-0. Point still stands. He IS their offense. I’ve never seen such a bad hitting Reds team in my lifetime.

For sure

And it's official. Worst team avg. in MLB .219

There's only 3 guys in the lineup with anything resembling a Major League statline. Elly .262 Stepheson .263 and Fraley .272

Three hits a game is about our norm, it's unwatchable.
Reply/Quote
All we need to do to win is pitch perfectly. Then, we'll win by a couple runs.

It's simple.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 05:03 PM)samhain Wrote: I think sell mode is inevitable by the deadline.  I wonder if another big fire sale could bring back enough high-end prospects to Bob and Phil proof this team?  When exactly is peak value achieved?  

They have the number 2 pick in this year's draft by sheer luck.  They are going to lose a lot more games.  Certainly enough to get back into the lottery, probably with more of a chance at a good pick than they had this year.  

The most exciting thing this team does is rebuild with prospects.  Last year was the peak for this group.  Boras is not letting Elly sign here long term for cheap as Acuna did with Atlanta.  After this season, he'll want out anyway.  You could get a real haul for him right now.  Like one of the biggest returns in MLB history.  It would also save ownership from chopping their own balls off for 12 years like they did with the Votto deal.  

Greene is peaking.  If he continues, he's an easy sell.  His contract is reasonable, so teams should be interested.  On top of that you have Lowder, Phillips, and Petty rising through the ranks.  Pump and dump like Jordan freaking Belfort.  

We'd have so many prospects that they'd change the team name to the Cincinnati Bats before next season.  Judging by the current lineup, they might as well call them that now.

I personally wouldn't trade Greene with his team-friendly contract through the next few years. It would have to be a pretty damn good return to let him go.

Instead, I'd be looking to part ways with Candelario because he was really only brought in when McLain went down, and he's never been a good bat.
I don't want a $15 mill APY guy who isn't a good hitter, especially for the next 2 years after this year.
Candelario would need to boost his .672 OPS though over the next 2 months for some team to want to take him I guess lol.

Or maybe trade Ashcraft.
Reds have Phillips ready to come back up, and he could take Ashcraft's spot.

As much as I'd not like it, the two best hitters the Reds have trade-wise are EDLC and Steer.
Fans would be pissed, but those two would probably yield the best return.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote