Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds May 2024 thread
4 in a row!!!!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
First 4 game winning streak of the season. Nice.

Welcome back Lodolo. They never got to him. Goldschmitt hit one pitch out, everything else amounted to nothing.

Cruz was nothing short of outstanding. I may have been too harsh on him in the past.

Brewers scored 5 in the bottom of the 8th to break a 0-0 tie with the Cubs and take game 1 of that series. The Dodgers Mets game was rained out so the Dodgers still have to have the taste of that sweep in their mouth for another day . . . Love it!
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
REDS WIN at home in GABP on MEMORIAL DAY

REDS WIN at home in GABP Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday of MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

Reds are 5-2 on this long home holiday homestand, with 2 games left.

Around 193 thousand fans have attended GABP in Cincinnati over this holiday homestand, which is good money made for Reds Organization.

REDS get win # 24 on the season.

I'm hoping Reds get win 25 tomorrow. Can't get to 30 in May, but how close to 30 can they win before June.

Oh Yes, REDS Beat Division St Louis Cardinals today, moving up a full game on them.

Reds coming off a SWEEP of the LA Dodgers

HAPPY HOLIDAY Reds Fans.....GO REDS and Keep On Winning.

April was good with 16 wins. First half of May was awful. However Reds are finishing May great. GO REDS.

2 more games left of this long holiday homestand. For the Fans and Team, Keep Winning, GO REDS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Reds pitching line. 12 K's and 0 walks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice divisional win today. Only 5 hits but they made them count! Lodolo back and still on his game is a good thing, glad Bell pulled him earlyish and let Cruz cook.

Keep stacking wins boys, we can climb back in this thing!
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2024, 08:04 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Reds pitching line.  12 K's and 0 walks.
9 strikeouts by the bullpen of the 11 men that they faced.

In the post-game show, Sam LeCure called it 'Cruz Control' when it got to his highlights.
5 batters faced . . . 5 strikeouts on 23 pitches, 17 of which were strikes.

2.68 Abbott
3.06 Greene
3.21 Lodolo
4.37 Martinez - 5.46 ERA for March/April . . . 2.79 in May
4.61 Montas
4.67 Ashcraft

I want to see Williamson push Martinez to full time long relief when he comes back and push either Montas or Ashcraft to the bullpen. He impressed me last season as the season went along after a rough early stretch. He made adjustments and he got better with each outing.

Watching the Cardinals broadcast on replay . . . you learn a bit from the other side.
"Where would we be without Siani" - apparently, he's been killing it defensively as of late ala Stu Fairchild.
Today was the first time that Goldschmidt and Arrenado each committed an error in the same game . . . and the did it in the same inning.
Siani is a former Reds draft pick and made his MLB debut with the Reds . . . . BUT HE HATES SKYLINE
They love Lodolo. "I can see why they're so high on him. Only 3 strikeouts and he looked dominant".
"Boy, this is a batter box to batter box strike zone today".
They blamed the shadows for most of the strikeouts even though their bullpen only got one strikeout in 2 innings.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Fun fact . . . as bad as the Reds have played so far, this is kind of mind blowing to me.

If you combine the AL West and the NL Central into one division . . . the crap hitting 2024 Reds would be 2nd in run differential.

The Brewers are the only team in the two divisions with a plus run differential with +49

+49 Mil
-1 Cin
-5 Hou
-6 Sea - swept Cincinnati
-6 Tex
-7 Chi
-29 Pit
-36 LAA
-43 StL
-63 Oak

They are 14th in MLB in run differential. Only one run behind the Tigers, four runs behind the Diamondbacks and only six runs behind the Twins.

Quality starting pitching plus a very solid bullpen is the only way that's possible with this shit offense.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Hunter Greene start by start
ERA - IP - ER - Opp - Team W/L
3.86 - 4.2 - 2 - Was - L (7-6)
2.53 - 6.0 - 1 - NYM - L (3-2)
4.86 - 6.0 - 6 - Mil - L (7-2) Greene L 0-1
4.35 - 4.0 - 1 - Sea - L (3-1)
4.55 - 7.0 - 4 - Phi - L (0-7) Greene L 0-2
3.63 - 7.0 - 0 -Tex -W (8-4) Greene W 1-2

3.12 - 5.2 - 0 - Bal - L (3-0)
3.38 - 5.0 - 3 - Ari - L (4-5)
3.27 - 7.0 - 2 - Ari - W (6-2) Greene W 2-2
3.22 - 6.1 - 2 - LAD - L (3-2)
3.06 - 6.0 - 1 - LAD - W (3-1) Greene W 3-2

The Reds are 3-8 when Greene starts, 3-6 with Montas, 4-6 with Ashcraft, 5-5 with Abbott and 5-2 with Lodolo.

They are 2-3 in games that Martinez has started, 2-1 when he has an opener. 

Nick Martinez as a starter
25.2 innings in 5 starts
21 earned runs
39 H
3 HRs
4 BB plus 2 HBP
7.36 ERA

Nick Martinez with an opener
13.1 innings in 3 appearances - 3rd inn @ Sea - 3rd inn @ LAD - 1st inn vs LAD
1 earned run
5 H
0 HRs
0 BB
0.68 ERA

Nick Martinez in mid-late innings
8.1 innings in 4 appearances
1 earned run
6 H
0 HRs
2 BB
1.08 ERA
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 04:12 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: 9 strikeouts by the bullpen of the 11 men that they faced.

In the post-game show, Sam LeCure called it 'Cruz Control' when it got to his highlights.
5 batters faced . . . 5 strikeouts on 23 pitches, 17 of which were strikes.

2.68 Abbott
3.06 Greene
3.21 Lodolo
4.37 Martinez - 5.46 ERA for March/April . . . 2.79 in May
4.61 Montas
4.67 Ashcraft

I jut came on here to post this very thing. Our starting pitching staff has quietly gotten pretty tough. With any run support over the month+ of next to zero offense they would be even better I'm sure in the W-L column.

And the bullpen has done well also.

If this offense can somehow, someway find any rhythm? Who knows? They could end up making some noise before it's over.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 12:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I jut came on here to post this very thing. Our starting pitching staff has quietly gotten pretty tough. With any run support over the month+ of next to zero offense they would be even better I'm sure in the W-L column.

And the bullpen has done well also.

If this offense can somehow, someway find any rhythm? Who knows? They could end up making some noise before it's over.

13th in MLB in starter ERA. It's above average, but it's not particularly good. 

Our starters are also...
16th WHIP
15th AVG
22nd Ks
-
19th BBs
15th HRs

Below average in everything besides BBs. (It, like HRs, are better to be ranked lower because they count by how many you've given up.)

- - - - - - - - -

Our relievers have been better at 12th in ERA.

Also...
7th WHIP
6th AVG
6th Ks
-
16th BBs
13th HRs

Above average in everything except HRs, which is probably slightly to be expected in GABP. Quite a bit above average in WHIP, AVG, and Ks.... our bullpen has been much stronger than our starting staff. Ashcraft, Montez, and Martinez have all been below average on the year and that's 24 of our 54 starts.

- - - - - - - - - -

As for the offense making some noise they're...
19th Rs
29th AVG
26th OBP
26th SLG
28th OPS
7th BBs
1st SB
-
6th Ks
1st CS

They take a lot of walks and steal a ton of bases, but they are REALLY bad at everything else. Don't expect any noise before it's over. This year is not a Reds team to have and real hope for.

On a depressing note, in the 10 games since that electric 4 hit/4 SB game, EDLC is hitting .108/.214/.162 (.377 OPS) with 17 Ks (39.5% K rate) and just 1 SB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
What a wonderful weekend! Hopefully, they can keep it going tonight. I'd love to win a series against the Cards here before going back on the road for a bunch of division games.

Jacob Hurtubise has been a pleasant surprise, relatively speaking, and having a player with a .333 OBP in the lineup has helped the offense's consistency in the last few games and the pitching has been ELITE.

Tonight, we have Abbott on the mount against a Kyle Gibson. I think we have the advantage in that match up, especially since our line up is better against right handed pitchers.
Reply/Quote
Alex Young has been activated off the 60 day IL and Brett Kennedy dfa'd.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 04:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 13th in MLB in starter ERA. It's above average, but it's not particularly good. 

Our starters are also...
16th WHIP
15th AVG
22nd Ks
-
19th BBs
15th HRs

Below average in everything besides BBs. (It, like HRs, are better to be ranked lower because they count by how many you've given up.)

- - - - - - - - -

Our relievers have been better at 12th in ERA.

Also...
7th WHIP
6th AVG
6th Ks
-
16th BBs
13th HRs

Above average in everything except HRs, which is probably slightly to be expected in GABP. Quite a bit above average in WHIP, AVG, and Ks.... our bullpen has been much stronger than our starting staff. Ashcraft, Montez, and Martinez have all been below average on the year and that's 24 of our 54 starts.

- - - - - - - - - -

As for the offense making some noise they're...
19th Rs
29th AVG
26th OBP
26th SLG
28th OPS
7th BBs
1st SB
-
6th Ks
1st CS

They take a lot of walks and steal a ton of bases, but they are REALLY bad at everything else. Don't expect any noise before it's over. This year is not a Reds team to have and real hope for.

On a depressing note, in the 10 games since that electric 4 hit/4 SB game, EDLC is hitting .108/.214/.162 (.377 OPS) with 17 Ks (39.5% K rate) and just 1 SB.

Oh don't get me wrong. I have no illusions that this is a deep playoff run team. I'm just hoping they can bring it up into the "fun zone" still playing for something come August. It's a long shot for sure.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 06:49 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Alex Young has been activated off the 60 day IL and Brett Kennedy dfa'd.

I'm just glad they've benched Mike Ford.
Reply/Quote
Welp goodbye win streak.
Reply/Quote
Right back in the dumpster. This team seems to play up (or down) to their competition.

Reply/Quote
OK, Reds lost

Home Attendance on this long holiday homestand rises to 212 thousand.

Reds have chance to get win 25 and beat St Louis on Wednesday in Cincinnati.

So GO REDS and win Wednesday. Give GABP Fans another win. Reds are 5-3 on this homestand now.

Reds will win games and have close to a quarter of a million fans spending money at GABP on this holiday homestand. That ain't bad.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 10:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right back in the dumpster. This team seems to play up (or down) to their competition.

Yep, it's frustrating as hell
Reply/Quote
I just can't figure out why this offense is so anemic? Spencer Steer, who over the past season and a half or so has been our most consistent bat is even really struggling with it. He struck out I believe in the 3rd inning on a ball that was two feet outside. The catcher didn't even come close to catching it. It was never from the moment it left the pitchers hand anywhere near the strike zone!!

It's baffling Shocked
Reply/Quote
No hits through five innings. Hasn't been the first time that's happened this season, either. Imagine getting that free weekly check the current hitting coach is getting! I'm pretty envious of the turd myself!
Reply/Quote