Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds May 2024 thread
Nice play by India to prevent a run from scoring.

My first live game of the season . . . every game so far for me has been seen at 2:00 am or later.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
How are we pinch running for Steer, one of our best hitters, in the 7th inning of a tie ballgame?
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2024, 07:01 PM)samhain Wrote: How are we pinch running for Steer, one of our best hitters, in the 7th inning of a tie ballgame?

Because David Bell.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Honestly, **** this team so much. I hope they lose 100 games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Why the hell are you throwing an inside pitch to him???
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
For the love of........ please get M. Ford out of this lineup, especially batting 3rd!!! Damn Bell

The guy is batting .156 with a .174 OBP. Get somebody out of the stands to DH. I'm not kidding
Reply/Quote
Another successful west coast trip, 2 more wins than I expected.

If it isn’t no big hits , it’s giving up big hits.

At what point do we blow up this staff and players, and start over? This team has no chance.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2024, 08:07 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Why the hell are you throwing an inside pitch to him???

Because that’s what we do, we play to the other teams strength.
Reply/Quote
Sell the team, Bob and LandPHIL.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2024, 08:36 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Sell the team, Bob and LandPHIL.

Yes, an ownership change is the best chance for turning this team around.
Reply/Quote
When Reds fans complained about not winning, Castillini once said, where are they going to go.

I think we now know the answer, to the Bengals and FC Cincinnati.

We haven’t won a playoff series since 1995, approaching 30 years, how much longer do we have to wait.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2024, 09:39 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Yes, an ownership change is the best chance for turning this team around.
At this point, I'd be fine w BobPhil moving their shitshow to Nashville and take our chances on getting an expansion team ala 1999 Frowns. MLB has said recently they are open to expansion. I could deal without summer baseball for a few years if it meant new ownership, coaches, and an expansion draft.

"Baseball's oldest professional team" is the only thing we can hang our hat on anymore. That's pathetic.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2024, 11:59 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: At this point, I'd be fine w BobPhil moving their shitshow to Nashville and take our chances on getting an expansion team ala 1999 Frowns. MLB has said recently they are open  to expansion. I could deal without summer baseball for a few years if it meant new ownership, coaches, and an expansion draft.

"Baseball's oldest professional team" is the only thing we can hang our hat on anymore. That's pathetic.

Right

I just "don't get" what this teams major TEAM funk is at the plate?? It's pathetic

Tean stats: Batting average .217 - 29th in MLB. OBP .294 good for 28th place OPS .652 again 28th place. 437 strike outs good for 7th most. In other words our offense SUCKS !!!

Benson .191 Candelario .220 India .219 CES if/when he gets back .190 Espinal .200 Ford (sucks) .1friggin56 yes .156 Even Spencer Steer is down to .224

The only ones doing anything are Elly, Fraley, and Stephenson. 

What the hell is the problem? We couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle. 
Reply/Quote
Annnnd welcome to last place, Reds.
9 games under .500.

This was supposed to be a team of young, cheap, good hitters.
However, injuries and some decline have really derailed that.

Only dudes hitting above .250 are Stephenson, Fraley, and EDLC.
EDLC has really dropped though aside from a game here and there.
Stephenson has so many days off, so the value drops for him too.

This team couldn't handle many injuries/suspensions, and they have them to some key players in McLain, Marte, CES, and Friedl.
Benson, Maile, and Candle are not good, consistent hitters.

It's a good thing Nashville is considered local market so I can't get MLB.TV and didn't switch to a cable provider who provides Bally Sports, because man I'd have been frustrated wasting my money on watching this team this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Reds need to get a new manager and coaches. Especially hitting coach.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2024, 12:10 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Reds need to get a new manager and coaches. Especially hitting coach.

Yup

If you took Bell's laptop and analytics program away, he would be totally lost on what to do. And the hitting coach must have them playing badminton or something?
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2024, 08:17 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup

If you took Bell's laptop and analytics program away, he would be totally lost on what to do. And the hitting coach must have them playing badminton or something?

Do you remember that scene in Major League, where the grounds crew mutters "They still stink"? Seems fitting for the Reds right now.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2024, 12:10 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Reds need to get a new manager and coaches. Especially hitting coach.

That’s a big BINGO, this team lacks fundamentals and how to hit in certain situations.  Never going to change with this staff.

And as far as analytics, it always seems to back fire for the Reds when they play a shift. The other team knows how to hit the other way and move runners up, the Reds apparently forgot how that works.
Reply/Quote
Well at least Cincinnati is currently enjoying a 5-game winning streak. They've played really hard and are #2 in the current power rankings.

FC Cincinnati that is.
Reply/Quote
I think sell mode is inevitable by the deadline. I wonder if another big fire sale could bring back enough high-end prospects to Bob and Phil proof this team? When exactly is peak value achieved?

They have the number 2 pick in this year's draft by sheer luck. They are going to lose a lot more games. Certainly enough to get back into the lottery, probably with more of a chance at a good pick than they had this year.

The most exciting thing this team does is rebuild with prospects. Last year was the peak for this group. Boras is not letting Elly sign here long term for cheap as Acuna did with Atlanta. After this season, he'll want out anyway. You could get a real haul for him right now. Like one of the biggest returns in MLB history. It would also save ownership from chopping their own balls off for 12 years like they did with the Votto deal.

Greene is peaking. If he continues, he's an easy sell. His contract is reasonable, so teams should be interested. On top of that you have Lowder, Phillips, and Petty rising through the ranks. Pump and dump like Jordan freaking Belfort.

We'd have so many prospects that they'd change the team name to the Cincinnati Bats before next season. Judging by the current lineup, they might as well call them that now.
Reply/Quote