Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of August Games Thread
Lorenzen is way too inconsistent to be reliable late in games.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Holy #$%#$ #$%$ Lorenzen comes in and walks first two on in like 10 pitches !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We needed that Garrett, thank you
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 10:29 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Lorenzen is way too inconsistent to be reliable late in games.

Yep

And I think Circleville is right. I think Lorenzen may be showing signs of fatigue. 
Reply/Quote
Huge, must win and they get it done. They’re still alive guys!
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 10:54 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Huge, must win and they get it done. They’re still alive guys!

Yes they did and yes they are. And we need another W bad tomorrow. Great game from Bauer ! Lets hope Gray can have a great game himself.
Reply/Quote
Reds tie up Cubs Series thanks to GREAT PITCHING by Bauer. Garrett and Iglesias gave great relief. Some clutch home runs. Mostly this game was Bauer.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 11:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes they did and yes they are. And we need another W bad tomorrow. Great game from Bauer ! Lets hope Gray can have a great game himself.

It really means a lot to me to see the Reds doing a little bit better. It’s been way too long being stuck in last place. There is a nucleus here and with some tweaks of a few more good players, this could be a really good team. The Votto contract and the future production at first base could be a huge barrier. It was nice to see JV connect on one and contribute, this young team needs him to lead on the field.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 11:00 PM)kevin Wrote: Reds tie up Cubs Series thanks to GREAT PITCHING by Bauer. Garrett and Iglesias gave great relief. Some clutch home runs. Mostly this game was Bauer.

It a nice rebound game for Bauer and it gives fans a taste of what to expect from him next year. I’ll be curious to see how Wood pitches the next couple of outings. The bullpen is still very nerve racking.
Reply/Quote
Garrett really came through in a way I didn't expect.. I'm glad Lorenzen was yanked before things got REALLY ugly and it would have been. He's just about gassed for the season I think or just needs some time off to regroup...maybe quit lifting weights before games.. I dunno.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 11:15 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: It a nice rebound game for Bauer and it gives fans a taste of what to expect from him next year. I’ll be curious to see how Wood pitches the next couple of outings. The bullpen is still very nerve racking.

I have to walk away from PC and leave mobile on charger when the Reds Bullpen enter the game.  If not, I would have a heart attack. Lalala
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Tell me that Bell did not have JVM attempt to steal third base with the punisher up. Shocked
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 08:32 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Tell me that Bell did not have JVM attempt to steal third base with the punisher up. Shocked

Speaking of Aquino, another HR ! wow

This young man is just on fire
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 08:39 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Speaking of Aquino, another HR ! wow

And Senzel go back to back!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Winker and Votto both strike out, go figure.
Reply/Quote
2nd homer of the day for Aquino!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 08:39 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Speaking of Aquino, another HR ! wow

The punisher is a total beast
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"