Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds September Games Thread
(09-06-2023, 05:27 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The Cubs have gone nuclear on the Giants. They've won 5-0, then won 11-8, and now are currently leading them 8-2 in the 8th.

I'm not sure we can catch the Cubs, but they may end up eliminating our competition for the 6th seed, as they also play the Diamondbacks this weekend.

At this point, I want to just make the playoffs, I don't care what seed the Reds were to get.
If that means we have to root for the Brewers, Cubs, and Phillies to beat down on the Giants, Marlins, and Diamondbacks so that the Reds can just slide right into that 6th seed and play against the Brewers/Cubs in the WC series, so be it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Brewers and Giants lost and Arizona currently losing 5-1. Lots of good news going into the game tonight.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 05:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: At this point, I want to just make the playoffs, I don't care what seed the Reds were to get.
If that means we have to root for the Brewers, Cubs, and Phillies to beat down on the Giants, Marlins, and Diamondbacks so that the Reds can just slide right into that 6th seed and play against the Brewers/Cubs in the WC series, so be it.

Right

It's nearly a done deal that Phillies and Cubs are WC's 1 and 2. I'm fine with the 6th seed
Reply/Quote
Interesting article in the Athletic about Mariot..He was going to retire from baseball the very same day the Reds called.. Got to pitch in the big leagues at the last minute. He and his wife had tickets booked for a trip to Hawaii for retirement the same day the Reds called him up. That's gotta be about the sweetest ending to a long career in baseball..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
OK, so Reds play 4 with Seattle. Then win tonight, win the series, and climb to 1 game under .500 at home this season in Cincinnati. Reds need to try to have a winning record at home. When fans pay money and see Reds win, they are more likely to come back another day and buy another ticket. Money is a factor and winning at home makes money.

So go Reds and win the home series today.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 01:19 PM)kevin Wrote: OK, so Reds play 4 with Seattle.  Then win tonight, win the series, and climb to 1 game under .500 at home this season in Cincinnati.  Reds need to try to have a winning record at home.  When fans pay money and see Reds win, they are more likely to come back another day and buy another ticket. Money is a factor and winning at home makes money.  

So go Reds and win the home series today.

Reds-Mariners series is over. Reds got the series win.
Mariners play the Rays today.
Reds are off today, play STL tomorrow.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
STL getting hot lately. Not a good time to play them IMO. I hope we sweep them however.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Looks like tonight's game on Apple TV boo
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 10:33 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Looks like tonight's game on Apple TV boo

I agree.  Boo Apple.   Game not on Reds regular station. 

Trying to keep up with too many sports, so Reds did not have a 4th game with Seattle, that was a TV replay listed.  So Reds won series from Seattle 

Reds still at home and Cardinals come to town.  Since St Louis and Cincinnati never moved or changed teams, this is one of the few 100 year old or more rival match ups in sports.  Abbott on the mound for Reds. He has 8 wins.  10 win season is very possible.  

Reds need to win some home games and finish above .500 at home for the paying fans.  The goal to win a series is to win game one.  Go Abbott and help Reds beat Cardinals tonight.  

A game I would have watched, but it's on Apple.  I still hope Reds win for the paying fans at the game in Cincinnati. A win puts Reds to 1 game under .500 at home.  Reds are now in competition with all the High School Friday Night Football, but should still be a good crowd at GABP.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Ugh. Abbott gets the first 2 out and a walk, error and homer later they're down 3-0. Just no excuse for it.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 08:05 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Ugh. Abbott gets the first 2 out and a walk, error and homer later they're down 3-0. Just no excuse for it.

It was scored a hit. The error was from Goldschmidt getting the extra base and going 1st to 3rd on it. Thus they are earned runs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 08:05 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Ugh. Abbott gets the first 2 out and a walk, error and homer later they're down 3-0. Just no excuse for it.

Unreal. Abbott just did it again. Got the same first 2 batters out and then walk, hit, walk, and bases clearing double and it's now 6-0. 
Reply/Quote
Well got half of it back 6-3.
Reply/Quote
Guess this was a good game to miss.

Reply/Quote
Oh brother, giving up another 2 out run.
Reply/Quote
Sedak had to open his big mouth. "EDLC hasn't struck out in 4 consecutive games". And EDLC strikes out.
Reply/Quote
This home plate ump can go to hell.
Reply/Quote
The replay ump can go to hell too. No way in hell that was a slide violation.
Reply/Quote
I guess runners should just take a knee to the face. Kinda seems like bullshit to me. Looked like a natural reaction to protect himself.

Reply/Quote
Wow! Reds definitely getting hosed by the umps tonite. Hope they are playing under protest although it won’t matter. Sucks big time.
Reply/Quote