Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reds celebrate the Bengals
(04-06-2022, 04:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Now we need a thread about how Taylor catches this ball will define him.... Ninja Hilarious

Or a thread about how you're sure he will be a great catcher even though there is nothing on his resume that suggests that he can be. I'm kidding of course... You defended the man constantly while a good chunk of us wanted him gone. I'm glad you were right. Maybe go out on a limb, and tell us how awesome the Reds will be this year too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Burrow throwing out the first pitch will cause an electric atmosphere an then they Reds will throw a wet blanket over it.

Yet predicting a win in first game somehow before the damper gets shut on season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Redlegs looked pretty darn good in Atlanta. Outplayed the defending world champs. Maybe Burrow and Chase will leave some of that Bengals' magic dust in GABP on Opening Day.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 01:38 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Redlegs looked pretty darn good in Atlanta. Outplayed the defending world champs. Maybe Burrow and Chase will leave some of that Bengals' magic dust in GABP on Opening Day.

Reds have some very exciting young talent (Jonathan India, Tyler Stephenson, Hunter Greene, Nick Lodolo). They need to have some of their players have career years (like Farmer did last year), get Luis Castillo back to form, Nick Senzel healthy for once and they could be an exciting team to watch. Lot of ifs, but its baseball and you never know.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 11:38 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: That's awesome. Love it.

But, alas, it will be a long season for the Reds. Shame too, since they were a player or two away from legit competing.

Until football starts again, I say LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!

I dunno.. They should be playing small ball for the foreseeable future instead of trying to belt every pitch out of the park with 220 hitters who struggle to run around the bases before the next hitter fall asleep waiting for them to cross home plate..  that's how the BRM won..not that i think they'll really come close, but it should be more entertaining than strike out, strike out, strike out, strike out, 1 run home run, strike out, strike out, strike out.....
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 10:32 AM)Nepa Wrote: Reds have some very exciting young talent (Jonathan India, Tyler Stephenson, Hunter Greene, Nick Lodolo). They need to have some of their players have career years (like Farmer did last year), get Luis Castillo back to form, Nick Senzel healthy for once and they could be an exciting team to watch. Lot of ifs, but its baseball and you never know.

We can hope. Really like what I see from the bullpen so far. Light years better than what they had this time last season.
Reply/Quote
Pretty cool.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 11:29 AM)michaelsean Wrote:

Good news is that it will be impossible for Joe to have the worst opening day pitch ever.  Eric Davis' reaction makes me laugh every time.

WTH???? Stephen Hawking could throw better than that....
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 07:29 PM)jason Wrote: Or a thread about how you're sure he will be a great catcher even though there is nothing on his resume that suggests that he can be. I'm kidding of course... You defended the man constantly while a good chunk of us wanted him gone. I'm glad you were right. Maybe go out on a limb, and tell us how awesome the  Reds will be this year too.

I was a huge fan of the Big Red Machine, but I quit watching MLB after the strike and have not watched a game since. I've been to GAB a couple of times for group events, but on my own, watching on tv, or following in any way ended with the strike. So I have no idea.

BTW, as much as people complain about PBS, GAB's seats are so narrow a full grown man can hardly fit in them. I found both trips there very uncomfortable. Not that my narrow butt had a problem fitting in the seat, but there was zero arm/shoulder room without hitting the people on either side. Hard to even drink a beer. They really could have cut some seats out and given people more room. 
Reply/Quote

Tee still in a sling

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 05:26 PM)pally Wrote:

Move over, Deds. It’s a football town now.
Reply/Quote
Glad Burrow didn’t try to throw the heater and end up like Tee with his arm in a sling.
I think that’s why Zac was his catcher - to make sure there was no one squatting back there and putting down the index finger for the fastball.
Nicely played Zac.
Reply/Quote
I know 13 was usually Zac's number when he was a player (Butler CC, Nebraska, Bucs preseason, Winnipeg Blue Bombers), but 12 would have been cool to honor Zachary Taylor, the 12th president. He has to be the only NFL head coach in history to share a name with a former president, right?
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
Must be the first ever rookies of the year both playing for Cincinnati teams.. Never thought that was gonna happen.. Might be a sign of good times ahead for both teams.. Who knows? Maybe both will have the MVP, both Joey's a B and  V.. That would be kind of cool.. 
Someone needs to remind Burrow the Reds clobbered the Yankees 4 straight in the WS 20 years before he was even born..  Cool

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 08:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I was a huge fan of the Big Red Machine, but I quit watching MLB after the strike...

That is my story too.  I was obsessed with the Reds in the 60's, 70's and early 80's.  I loved going to Crosley Field and Riverfront Stadium.  Then after the strike, I lost interest.
Reply/Quote
Both sports have had strikes so I don't feel anything against them in that respect. Baseball is slowly losing me because they want to monetize every single aspect of watching or listening for anyone out of market..That just pisses me off.. I can listen to every Bengals game free, but Reds games? Nope..They want me to fork over way too much for that so they're losing me little by little and millions of other fans as well. They're cutting their own throats and don't even realize it..

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 08:35 AM)grampahol Wrote: Both sports have had strikes so I don't feel anything against them in that respect. Baseball is slowly losing me because they want to monetize every single aspect of watching or listening for anyone out of market..That just pisses me off.. I can listen to every Bengals game free, but Reds games? Nope..They want me to fork over way too much for that so they're losing me little by little and millions of other fans as well. They're cutting their own throats and don't even realize it..

I sincerely could not tell you one player on the Reds roster now except for Votto, who's name I keep seeing/hearing, but I'm not even sure what position he plays. (but I can still name the starting lineup of the BRS) I knew of Aroldis (sp) Chapman when he was pitching there, because when he got hurt he came to Louisville and played while he was rehabbing, and was throwing faster than anyone at that level (I guess I should have clarified I'll still go to the Bats games with friends after work and drink beer and watch some baseball, but it's like 12 dollars to get in. And, it's really about just getting out and doing something rather that wanting to see a baseball game) I think the last Reds player I really remember was Todd Benzinger, and that's only because he was about 3-4 years behind me in school and his dad was a coach. I have no interest in basketball on any level, so football is the only sport I watch other than occasional golf.
Reply/Quote
Funny how some guys quit on baseball because of a strike, but still watch NFL even though they also had a players strike.

Wonder if they still fly on commercial airlines or buy any American made cars?
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 08:35 AM)grampahol Wrote: Both sports have had strikes so I don't feel anything against them in that respect. Baseball is slowly losing me because they want to monetize every single aspect of watching or listening for anyone out of market..That just pisses me off.. I can listen to every Bengals game free, but Reds games? Nope..They want me to fork over way too much for that so they're losing me little by little and millions of other fans as well. They're cutting their own throats and don't even realize it..

they stopped broadcasting the reds on 700 wlw  ????
Reply/Quote