Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reds celebrate the Bengals
(04-13-2022, 03:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny how some guys quit on baseball because of a strike, but still watch NFL even though they also had a players strike.

Wonder if they still fly on commercial airlines or buy any American made cars?

yea it doesnt make sense

if you stopped watching because of the 1994 strike, then you missed baseball's peak in popularity with the McGwire/Sosa home run chase
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 03:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: yea it doesnt make sense

if you stopped watching because of the 1994 strike, then you missed baseball's peak in popularity with the McGwire/Sosa home run chase

The PED era was the best... They should allow it..
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 03:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they stopped broadcasting the reds on 700 wlw  ????

If I recall, he lives in the Carolinas, so he can't get WLW there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Burrow throwing out the first pitch on opening day will go down as the loudest cheers at GABP the entire year.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 07:55 PM)Earendil Wrote: If I recall, he lives in the Carolinas, so he can't get WLW there.

Well maybe a shortwave radio will pick it up   

or hes close enough to one of these stations

https://www.mlb.com/reds/fans/radio/affiliates
Reply/Quote
Cool stuff, will be rooting for the Reds as always, I just never get to see them cause they just haven't been that good.

Sounds like a lot of you guys think this will continue. Hope not.

Heard opening day was a couple days ago, how did Burrow and the Reds do?
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 05:12 PM)pally Wrote:
Tee still in a sling

Nice. That is the way you throw an opener. Just smooth. Cool

(04-12-2022, 09:33 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Move over, Deds. It’s a football town now.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 03:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: yea it doesnt make sense

I didn't watch it, but I didn't miss it either.... not one bit.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 07:55 PM)Earendil Wrote: If I recall, he lives in the Carolinas, so he can't get WLW there.

I have a buddy that lives in Lexington, SC and listens to WLW every day, he just does it on I-heart Radio over his phone or tablet.
Reply/Quote
There used to be a station here in east Tennessee that carried the Reds. It was a weak AM signal but I could at least listen to the games. The signal cut down at 11 PM and many times I would listen to most of a game but then lose the signal before I knew who won.
Reply/Quote
Iheart is a free app, is it not? I know it used to be, I had it on my phone, but when my lithium ion battery went south that app drained my phone so I deleted it.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 10:21 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Burrow throwing out the first pitch on opening day will go down as the loudest cheers at GABP the entire year.

Hope this hasn't been posted yet. From Bengals.com. Very cool. I was there but I was way out in center field and couldn't see much except on the video board. But I did participate in the Who Dey chant proudly.

https://www.bengals.com/video/behind-the-scenes-bengals-at-reds-opening-day
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 02:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Iheart is a free app, is it not? I know it used to be, I had it on my phone, but when my lithium ion battery went south that app drained my phone so I deleted it.

You can't listen to live games on Iheart.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 08:41 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Hope this hasn't been posted yet. From Bengals.com. Very cool. I was there but I was way out in center field and couldn't see much except on the video board. But I did participate in the Who Dey chant proudly.

https://www.bengals.com/video/behind-the-scenes-bengals-at-reds-opening-day

Awesome, thanks BengalRed. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 09:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Awesome, thanks BengalRed. Rock On

You're very welcome. I was a Reds fan (1961) before I was a Bengals fan (1968). Check out my handle. Seeing the Bengals logo all over GABP was just awesome. I think that the Reds have done more to support the Bengals than the Bengals have done to support the Reds. Hopefully that will change because it's great to see the Reds players and Bengals players interacting. Hell, let's get FC Cincinnati involved too. 
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 09:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You can't listen to live games on Iheart.

That's my experience -- no live games on Iheart. I get WLW after dark here in northeastern PA, but not before, so haven't found a good solution for day games. 
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 11:01 PM)Nepa Wrote: That's my experience -- no live games on Iheart. I get WLW after dark here in northeastern PA, but not before, so haven't found a good solution for day games. 

If you don't mind spending a few dollars you can subscribe to MLB network. Not only can you hear the Reds games but you can hear all games that are going on in MLB.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 09:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You can't listen to live games on Iheart.

Is that just baseball?  I've sat on his deck on some Sundays smoking cigars and listening to the Bengals live when they aren't shown there.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 08:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Is that just baseball?  I've sat on his deck on some Sundays smoking cigars and listening to the Bengals live when they aren't shown there.

I was thinking local. I think you can listen to them out of market.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 08:41 PM)BengalRed Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/video/behind-the-scenes-bengals-at-reds-opening-day

Zac sporting the #13.

Dave Concepcion's old number.

Bet it was Zac's college number.
Reply/Quote