Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds sign Candelario
Reds signed Jeimer Candelario to a 3yr 45mil with a club option 4th yr which could take it to 60mil.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/12/reds-agree-to-deal-with-jeimer-candelario.html
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Scratching my head WTF

That's just what we need. Another infielder to add to the 7 we already have. Hell forget pitching, we don't need no stinking pitching.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This SCREAMS trade for Ace pitcher incoming.

I don't like the idea of us trading Marte or CES, but if a trade for Dylan Cease or maybe Glasnow + Arozarena comes through the timeline in the next 2 days that involves one of our current corner infielders, it wouldn't surprise me at all.
Reply/Quote
....but why?

Moustakas signing 2.0

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
No way should Marte be available. Period.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 11:17 AM)Goalpost Wrote: No way should Marte be available.  Period.

What about Marte makes him untouchable to you?

Don't get me wrong, I really like Marte. I think he could be our 3B of the future with a solid bad, solid defense and good speed on basepaths.

But I don't think he's going to be a career .316 hitter. He had an absolutely incredible September stat line of .387/.425/.547/.972, with a BABIP of 0.384, but his career minor league stat line is .282/.367/.467/.833. So he was playing a bit over his head in his brief call up to the majors.

The league average BABIP is about .300, so he was what you would consider "very lucky" in 2023.

If they can sell high on him and get a genuine Ace pitcher, I wouldn't blame them for it, even if it would make me sad.
Reply/Quote
There is some speculation that Candelario was signed specifically as a trade piece..To sweeten the pot so to speak..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2023, 02:18 PM)grampahol Wrote: There is some speculation that Candelario was signed specifically as a trade piece..To sweeten the pot so to speak..  
I dunno. Signed for three years at almost 15 million per? That's starter money. I just don't see it. I expect Candelario to be the "vet" presence in the clubhouse with all these young bucks still learning how to be pros. One of Marte or CES is getting traded almost certainly. Candelario plays both 3B and 1B and he's a switch hitter, giving the Reds some flexibility with who to trade.

I like this signing so far. Ask me again once the trades are done and our rosters are set for ST!
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2023, 02:18 PM)grampahol Wrote: There is some speculation that Candelario was signed specifically as a trade piece..To sweeten the pot so to speak..  

Where did you get that info?
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2023, 04:09 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I dunno. Signed for three years at almost 15 million per? That's starter money. I just don't see it. I expect Candelario to be the "vet" presence in the clubhouse with all these young bucks still learning how to be pros. One of Marte or CES is getting traded almost certainly. Candelario plays both 3B and 1B and he's a switch hitter, giving the Reds some flexibility with who to trade.

I like this signing so far. Ask me again once the trades are done and our rosters are set for ST!

He can hit! Trust me. At GABP he's going to be able to hit it out, a lot...
Reply/Quote