Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds May 2024 thread
This team doesn’t have the offense or consistency to compete for a playoff run. You’re dreaming if you think so.

Everyone of the players is trying to hit a home run every time at the bat, instead of making contact and moving the players over, or get a fly ball for an rbi.
These players are self centered and only think about what’s good for me and how do I get more money in the future.
Reply/Quote
I am sick and tired of Larkin sugar coating everything he says about the Reds hitters. He gives way to much credit to the other team for everything, and never anything negative about the Reds hitters and why they can’t hit.
Reply/Quote
I know managers manage and players play, but if this continues much longer how long of a leash does Bell get? There's GOTTA be a scapegoat, right?! Hitting coach should be sent down to Knothole / T-ball.

If Bell gets the boot, which Boone / Bell Jr. III-XV should get the job next?
Reply/Quote
Greene is over 70 pitches after 5 innings, and it's not the play-offs. Greene has had enough arm injuries in his short career. Get him out and make the bullpen earn their paychecks. Greene has Reds in the game, but it is up to Reds other players to win this in the later innings. Greene did his job.

One poster on here is correct. Reds need some batters to have 10 pitch at bats. This Arizona pitcher started 5th with a low pitch count. Those 3-2 counts and fouling off more pitches wears a pitchers rear end out.

GOOD. Reds hit a home run to tie and then a double. Wake the bats up. Need the bullpen to step up today also, as I said.

Bell left Greene in to start 6th. He walked 2 batters and Bell took him out. It's a very hot, humid day in Ohio. Greene was over 70 pitches after 5. Now reliever comes in, no outs and 2 ducks on the pond. I think Bell made mistake there, Greene had did his job for the day at end of 5. It's not the 7th game of the World Series, Bell. Martinez let's the ducks score, but I blame Bell, not Greene.

Reds bullpen is not as good as last year so far, and put Diaz right up there. Not as good as last year.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Bell managing the game sucks, no way he should have let Elle try to steal 3rd with no one out. Bell couldn’t manage a T-ball team. He needs to go.
Reply/Quote
Diaz lets in the go ahead run. Again, Reds bullpen is not as good as last year, and Diaz is not as good as last year.

Reds at bat in 8th. Ford gets on, Bell puts in base runner in Encarnacion. Bal hit to shallow Center fly out, thrown back to first base, Double Play. Worst base running I've ever seen. I don't care if he was trying to steal second, a fly ball out to center field should not be a double play to end the inning. High School teams play better fundamentals than these high paid slobs in MLB.

Reds lose 8 straight games. Barry Larkin says Reds are doing better, NO THEY ARE NOT. Yes, I meant to yell there. Todays game was awful. Reds ran themselves out of this game with just awful base running. Diaz choked again, and I had him in Fantasy Teams, but I've dropped him from all my Fantasy teams over last few weeks. He isn't getting it done this year, plain and simple. When Diaz lost opening game, Larkin said he hoped that wasn't a sign of things to come with Diaz. I wondered what Larkin had seen in Spring that had him concerned over Diaz. Larkin who will say Reds losing last 8 games are doing better, same Larkin was less positive early on about Diaz. It turns out Diaz has not been very good so far in 2024.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
In case anybody was wondering? It's now official, the Reds suck.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(49 minutes ago)kevin Wrote: Diaz lets in the go ahead run.  Again, Reds bullpen is not as good as last year, and Diaz is not as good as last year.

Reds at bat in 8th. Ford gets on, Bell puts in base runner in Encarnacion.  Bal hit to shallow Center fly out, thrown back to first base, Double Play.  Worst base running I've ever seen.  I don't care if he was trying to steal second, a fly ball out to center field should not be a double play to end the inning.  High School teams play better fundamentals than these high paid slobs in MLB.

Reds lose 8 straight games.  Barry Larkin says Reds are doing better, NO THEY ARE NOT.   Yes, I meant to yell there.  Todays game was awful.  Reds ran themselves out of this game with just awful base running.  Diaz choked again, and I had him in Fantasy Teams, but I've dropped him from all my Fantasy teams over last few weeks.  He isn't getting it done this year, plain and simple.  When Diaz lost opening game, Larkin said he hoped that wasn't a sign of things to come with Diaz.  I wondered what Larkin had seen in Spring that had him concerned over Diaz.  Larkin who will say Reds losing last 8 games are doing better, same Larkin was less positive early on about Diaz.  It turns out Diaz has not been very good so far in 2024.

I think you mean Cruz, Diaz didn't pitch in this game.
Reply/Quote
Womp Womp.

Looking forward to 10 straight games on the West Coast.

I'm sure those games will go great...
Reply/Quote
(26 minutes ago)CJD Wrote: Womp Womp.

Looking forward to 10 straight games on the West Coast.

I'm sure those games will go great...

You thinking sweep?

For the opposition of course
Reply/Quote
Are they tanking for a draft pick? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(21 minutes ago)bengalfan74 Wrote: You thinking sweep?

For the opposition of course

I would be surprised if we net 3 wins in that road trip. I'm setting the bar low and I'm still worried I'm not going to hit the over haha.
Reply/Quote
(16 minutes ago)CJD Wrote: I would be surprised if we net 3 wins in that road trip. I'm setting the bar low and I'm still worried I'm not going to hit the over haha.

Me too

We're going to be like 10 games out of first and 10 below .500 or more at end of May. And that's if we're lucky.
Reply/Quote