Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Referee for Sunday
Bill Vinovich will e the referee for Sunday. He last worked the Bengals for our game with Miami this season. He was the ref for last season's NFC championship game and Super Bowl 49. He is not necessarily flag crazy but will not put up with extracurricular crap

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
What is his stance on LB coaches mingling in the opposing huddle?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 03:44 PM)pally Wrote: Bill Vinovich will e the referee for Sunday.  He last worked the Bengals for our game with Miami this season.  He was the ref for last season's NFC championship game and Super Bowl 49.  He is not necessarily flag crazy but will not put up with extracurricular crap

Is he a Steeler fan?

I know in the last game in Pitt the ref was a Steeler fan.
Reply/Quote
Glad he's not flag happy but a ref who was could be useful against Pitt who gets away with more holding than any team in the league. Look for lots of egregious uncalled holds this week. Just hope our guys are smart enough to hold too
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He handled a Steelers-Ravens game a couple of years ago. After back to back personal fouls against each team he warned both coaches that next flag would result in an ejection. No more fouls. Sounds like someone who won't let the game get out of hand like Parry did for both games last year.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Just a reminder of what went down last time...

http://700wlw.iheart.com/onair/lance-mcalister-7818/vines-hold-on-a-second-15117710/

Bang Head
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 08:28 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Just a reminder of what went down last time...

http://700wlw.iheart.com/onair/lance-mcalister-7818/vines-hold-on-a-second-15117710/

Bang Head

That doesn't even have the worst one where Ben rolls out of the pocket in the Red Zone and their LT had our RDE hooked around the neck for a solid 2 or 3 seconds right in front of the refs. If someone could find that one, I'd appreciate it.
Reply/Quote
I really expect to see another lopsided officiated game. Mike Mitchell will head hunt and get away with it and if Burfict even farts audibly there will be penalties.

Frustration will boil over and it will get ugly with probable ejections on the Bengals sidre.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 09:12 PM)treee Wrote: That doesn't even have the worst one where Ben rolls out of the pocket in the Red Zone and their LT had our RDE hooked around the neck for a solid 2 or 3 seconds right in front of the refs. If someone could find that one, I'd appreciate it.
I just remember the announcers gushing about how great Ben is for extending plays.

Well...  when you have your OL wrapped around guys necks in the backfield and your "Heath" replacement tackling defenders... then yeah...  your gonna be able to extend that play.

Par for the course. Whatever
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The ref will be told by league to be pro steelers.

Somehow they always side with them in this game.

Got to beat refs and steelers as usual.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 09:12 PM)treee Wrote: That doesn't even have the worst one where Ben rolls out of the pocket in the Red Zone and their LT had our RDE hooked around the neck for a solid 2 or 3 seconds right in front of the refs. If someone could find that one, I'd appreciate it.

[Image: C17h7nl.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 10:59 PM)Tomkat Wrote: [Image: C17h7nl.jpg]

Thanks for finding that Tomkat! What quarter was that in? It was about as blatant as it gets.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 10:53 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The ref will be told by league to be pro steelers.

Somehow they always side with them in this game.

Got to beat refs and steelers as usual.

They don't need to be told. Standing orders.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 11:02 PM)treee Wrote: Thanks for finding that Tomkat! What quarter was that in? It was about as blatant as it gets.

I don't remember - it was quite awhile ago.   Shocked
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 04:18 PM)jason Wrote: What is his stance on LB coaches mingling in the opposing huddle?

Or hair pulling?
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 09:23 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I just remember the announcers gushing about how great Ben is for extending plays.

Well...  when you have your OL wrapped around guys necks in the backfield and your "Heath" replacement tackling defenders... then yeah...  your gonna be able to extend that play.

Par for the course. Whatever

Any time I even think about this crap it lights my hate fire. 
Reply/Quote

My God man.
Reply/Quote

Here's what is disturbing about this, is that this kind of stuff went on the whole game and not 1 holding call on them??  How does the NFL defend that?  Wait, stupid question. Cool  They don't have to defend it because no one called them out on it!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 02:30 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Here's what is disturbing about this, is that this kind of stuff went on the whole game and not 1 holding call on them??  How does the NFL defend that?  Wait, stupid question. Cool  They don't have to defend it because no one called them out on it!  Hilarious

Precisely why we need a new coach that calls them out when this shit happens.

Marv does nothing about it. Nothing.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 11:02 PM)treee Wrote: Thanks for finding that Tomkat! What quarter was that in? It was about as blatant as it gets.

It was during the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th quarter. Happened all day.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote