Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Refreshing humility
Love the post-game humility w Jake

Likable guy

Takes zero credit, takes the blame (Tanner pick), talks so highly of his teammates, rips on himself - no ego.

Dude is classy.

https://youtu.be/iw0Ggh8yytc?si=I4wwzfyRZ5R8Urbl
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 08:50 PM)Whacked Wrote: Love the post-game humility w Jake

Likable guy

Takes zero credit, takes the blame (Tanner pick), talks so highly of his teammates.

Dude is classy.

https://youtu.be/iw0Ggh8yytc?si=I4wwzfyRZ5R8Urbl

And Laps interviewed Tanner in the locker room and Tanner took full blame. Said he needed to give him "a better lane".  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I mean, this Franchise has been refreshing throughout Taylor's tenure really. He's built a team full of good guys who are easy to like. Really good culture he's put together here, so it's no surprise that these guys fit the mould too.
Reply/Quote
Without a doubt there will be teams coming after him to start. The Bengals can and should offer him a good deal to be Joe's backuo here, but I'm sure he'd rather start somewhere. Good thing is we can get some good trade out of him if he continues to shine, which I think he will.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 09:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Without a doubt there will be teams coming after him to start. The Bengals can and should offer him a good deal to be Joe's backuo here, but I'm sure he'd rather start somewhere. Good thing is we can get some good trade out of him if he continues to shine, which I think he will.

We have him next year for the league minimum.  

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 09:10 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We have him next year for the league minimum.  

We do, but I think if he stayed the Bengals would up it. What I expect to happen is they sign him and trade him
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 09:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: We do, but I think if he stayed the Bengals would up it. What I expect to happen is they sign him and trade him

If he continues like this every other team in the NFL would trade him and acquire solid trade value, but when do we ever take advantage of these situations?  We will likely let him sit the bench all season and get nothing for him. 

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 08:54 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I mean, this Franchise has been refreshing throughout Taylor's tenure really. He's built a team full of good guys who are easy to like. Really good culture he's put together here, so it's no surprise that these guys fit the mould too.

We were the AFC penal team for awhile. Then Zac came and wanted leaders. What a frigen difference that made. Who would have thought?  Wink

Reply/Quote
Jake Browning owns a 79.3 completion percentage as a starter in three career starts, the highest completion percentage by any quarterback through their first three starts since 1950.
Reply/Quote
What would be the going rate for Browning?

4th or 5th round pick?

Think he's worth keeping sans a 3rd round pick honestly. He's obviously a top tier back up.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 09:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: We do, but I think if he stayed the Bengals would up it. What I expect to happen is they sign him and trade him

They will try to accommodate him. Both Mike Brown and Zac are for the player. But they won’t hurt the organization
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 09:19 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Jake Browning owns a 79.3 completion percentage as a starter in three career starts, the highest completion percentage by any quarterback through their first three starts since 1950.

That’s pretty dang cool for sure.

Good for Jake. Really easy guy to cheer for and want good things to happen for.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 08:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And Laps interviewed Tanner in the locker room and Tanner took full blame. Said he needed to give him "a better lane".  

Nice lol

Jake took the blame for Tee’s drop too. lol. Which was, 100% on Tee. “I need to throw him a better ball”. lol.

He also apologized 3x during the interview for not answering the questions directly and in the end for being tired lol
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 09:23 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They will try to accommodate him. Both Mike Brown and Zac are for the player. But they won’t hurt the organization

They may offer him an extension, but if Jake maintains this level of play he would be dumb to accept it, it wont be much. They likely pay him the $1M and then he walks in 2025.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 09:21 PM)QueenCity Wrote: What would be the going rate for Browning?

4th or 5th round pick?

Think he's worth keeping sans a 3rd round pick honestly. He's obviously a top tier back up.

Seeing as we may need Browning to keep things going if Burrow gets banged up, I wouldn't trade him for anything other than a 1 or 2.  If he keeps this up he's going to be regarded as a starter by a team that needs a QB but misses out on a high pick QB in the 2024 draft.  

If Browning wins the SB we should trade Burrow for a boatload and just accept that this is Browning's franchise. 
Reply/Quote
All these posts assuming Jake's value are very premature. Everyone assumes "Mr. Glass" returns and plays to a previous high level. Keep Jake and prepare for more games without "Mr. Hero."
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 09:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Seeing as we may need Browning to keep things going if Burrow gets banged up, I wouldn't trade him for anything other than a 1 or 2.  If he keeps this up he's going to be regarded as a starter by a team that needs a QB but misses out on a high pick QB in the 2024 draft.  

If Browning wins the SB we should trade Burrow for a boatload and just accept that this is Browning's franchise. 

Then you keep him... I can't see a 1 or 2 no matter what happens.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 08:54 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I mean, this Franchise has been refreshing throughout Taylor's tenure really. He's built a team full of good guys who are easy to like. Really good culture he's put together here, so it's no surprise that these guys fit the mould too.

Zak is redeeming himself in my eyes. However, why did it take so long into the season to “discover” the run game. I don’t want to hear is BS that they aren’t calling anything different.

I do think Chase Brown is adding a new dimension to the offense, but shows you that Chris Evan’s and Tryon Williams aren’t the answer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 09:30 PM)casear2727 Wrote: They may offer him an extension, but if Jake maintains this level of play he would be dumb to accept it, it wont be much. They likely pay him the $1M and then he walks in 2025.

I think they will trade him where he’s got a real chance to start but will want appropriate compensation. They won’t be unrealistic
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 09:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Seeing as we may need Browning to keep things going if Burrow gets banged up, I wouldn't trade him for anything other than a 1 or 2.  If he keeps this up he's going to be regarded as a starter by a team that needs a QB but misses out on a high pick QB in the 2024 draft.  

Would be a really interesting scenario. People would liken it to Foles, but the difference there is Philly hadn't 'obviously' found their Franchise QB in Wentz... and also hadn't just made him the best paid player in the NFL that preseason either. I tend to assume we'd default back to Burrow, but surely you would had to consider whether Browning would actually be who we move forward with.

In the more likely scenario we don't win it all this year, we should absolutely be looking to keep Browning for the foreseeable. We were all moaning about 'cheap Mike Brown' not paying for a backup... but here he is!
Reply/Quote