Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Refreshing humility
(12-10-2023, 09:48 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Except we never do that.  We would be smart to pick up another QB and wait until the trade deadline to deal Jake, there are always teams that lose a QB early.  Assuming of course Jake maintains this level of play.

Probably
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 10:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The movie was alright, I’ll give you that. Large Marge scared the shit out of me as a kid. LOL

It’s really the whole sexual offender thing that makes him such a strange choice.

Yeah I think I rewatched that somewhat recently and Large marge was still terrifying as ****
Reply/Quote
Just for fun, I am offering an NFL quarterback with the following injury history:

August 14, 2017 - Hand wrist fracture
January 20, 2020 – Chest rib fracture
November 22., 2020 – Knee ACL tear, Grade 3
November 22, 2020 – Knee MCL tear, Grade 3
November 22, 2020 – Knee PCL tear, Grade 3
November 22, 2020 – Knee Meniscus tear
December 5, 2021 – Hand finger dislocation
January 2, 22022 – Knee strain, Grade 1
February 13, 2022 – Knee MCL sprain, Grade 2
July 27, 2023 – Leg calf sprain
November 16, 2023 – Hand wrist ligament tear

All I am asking is $275 million.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 11:03 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Just for fun, I am offering an NFL quarterback with the following injury history:

August 14, 2017  - Hand wrist fracture
January 20, 2020 – Chest rib fracture
November 22., 2020 – Knee ACL tear, Grade 3
November 22, 2020 – Knee MCL tear, Grade 3
November 22, 2020 – Knee PCL tear, Grade 3
November 22, 2020 – Knee Meniscus tear
December 5, 2021 – Hand finger dislocation
January 2, 22022 – Knee strain, Grade 1
February 13, 2022 – Knee MCL sprain, Grade 2
July 27, 2023 – Leg calf sprain
November 16, 2023 – Hand wrist ligament tear

All I am asking is $275 million.

Yeah but he won a national championship, went to the SB, then the AFC-C right after that. If we want to talk ridiculous how about baseball's contracts lol 700 million for a game who even watches anymore
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 11:05 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yeah but he won a national championship, went to the SB, then the AFC-C right after that. If we want to talk ridiculous how about baseball's contracts lol 700 million for a game who even watches anymore
Boy, I can agree with you there. Baseball is out of control.
Reply/Quote
I just don't think 700 million is that far from a billion, like he's basically a billionaire lol
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 11:08 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I just don't think 700 million is that far from a billion, like he's basically a billionaire lol

With endorsements, NIL deals, sports collectibles/autographs and other perks it is essentially a billion.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 11:05 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yeah but he won a national championship, went to the SB, then the AFC-C right after that. If we want to talk ridiculous how about baseball's contracts lol 700 million for a game who even watches anymore

Who watches the fake game of basketball anymore? Talk about crap and shitty people
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 11:13 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Who watches the fake game of basketball anymore? Talk about crap and shitty people

It’s crazy that the nfl, by far the most popular sports, is essentially number 3 in salary for superstars.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 11:42 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: It’s crazy that the nfl, by far the most popular sports, is essentially number 3 in salary for superstars.
most-popular in the US

Baseball is played in like double the countries and is the Nat'l sport of...7 countries, not to mention it has professional leagues (that are a really attended to and followed by the fans in the country) in almost 30 countries (or more than 30, actually: just can't count tonight for some reason).

Football has professional leagues in ... 7 countries? Maybe?

Also, 81 vs 8/9 home games per sport: between concessions, etc, there is a significantly-greater opportunity to make serious coin.

While I have had an absolute blast at every Bengal game I've attended (even the 1 loss), baseball just has a special feeling that no other sport can touch.

The two best quotes about the sport have more to do with playing than watching but, they are so true and capture the feeling perfectly:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hOnolgR_8tc&si=_OzPGBPLZFxxFdOm
(This one starts at 0:37) https://youtu.be/ndL7y0MIRE4?si=JQxGMVBXd4pYWCeX

While football's immense popularity and incredible theatrics are unique to it and will never be touched by other sports, the above quotes embody just how special and amazing baseball is, whether one likes it or not.

Baseball will probably never reach the height of football ever again, but it will be here just as long as football.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 09:47 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Would be a really interesting scenario. People would liken it to Foles, but the difference there is Philly hadn't 'obviously' found their Franchise QB in Wentz... and also hadn't just made him the best paid player in the NFL that preseason either. I tend to assume we'd default back to Burrow, but surely you would had to consider whether Browning would actually be who we move forward with.

In the more likely scenario we don't win it all this year, we should absolutely be looking to keep Browning for the foreseeable. We were all moaning about 'cheap Mike Brown' not paying for a backup... but here he is!

Zero chance we move on from Burrow. Even if Browning wins the SB. And we shouldn’t move on. Browning is playing well but he hasn’t proven anything yet. A sample size of 10 games isn’t enough to move on from Joe Burrow. Browning beat the Jags and Colts. Let’s slow it down a bit with the trade JB and keep J Browning
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 01:22 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: Zero chance we move on from Burrow. Even if Browning wins the SB. And we shouldn’t move on. Browning is playing well but he hasn’t proven anything yet. A sample size of 10 games isn’t enough to move on from Joe Burrow. Browning beat the Jags and Colts. Let’s slow it down a bit with the trade JB and keep J Browning

Lol dude, Jake Browning didn't win the Super Bowl for us yesterday, so I'm clearly not suggesting we trade Burrow and keep him...

But to continue the hypothetical nonetheless... yes Browning has only beaten the Colts/Jags, but if we were to win the SB, he'd have beaten far better than that, and guided us to our first SB in franchise history. Something Burrow hasn't (yet) done. There would certainly be merit to a discussion of whether Burrow really gets the job back by default if we were to manage it. Binning off the only SB winning QB in our history would be quite something.

It's a moot discussion though. Browning has done a phenomenal job so far, but we very likely aren't winning the Super Bowl with him.
Reply/Quote
Another great performance by Jake. Maybe best part was the response to a Pick 6. Came right back out of the gate after half and marched down the field. Very impressive.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 10:23 AM)R3stangs Wrote: Another great performance by Jake. Maybe best part was the response to a Pick 6. Came right back out of the gate after half and marched down the field. Very impressive.

Agreed. Hell, some starters would've folded after that, let alone a backup. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 11:42 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: It’s crazy that the nfl, by far the most popular sports, is essentially number 3 in salary for superstars.

Old dude just got paid 300 million for I think 3 years to play golf in LIV
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 12:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Old dude just got paid 300 million for I think 3 years to play golf in LIV

600 million.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 12:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: 600 million.

I stand corrected.... Cool
Reply/Quote