Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refs did it again
I am surprised that no one on here was talking about the officiating, but then I remember how the TV crews painted the steeler playoff game in 2015 when I re-watched (puke) the game later on DVR and coaches' cuts.

Throughout the game, our interior pass rush...most Geno...was getting good pressure. Time and time again, He was basically wrapped up and thrown to the ground. One of the sacks, I think it was Dunlap got him as Geno was falling with a steeler draped around him in full on body-wrap mode. Not one holding call all night. Meanwhile, a bogus hold called on Gio takes away a TD.

I hope someone makes the vines of all the holds, but I would imagine the league didn't show them, at least not intentionally.

The out-of-bounds play on Bell was a clear case of how a bad call changed a behaviour. We saw WJIII get a personal foul (unsportsmanlike, which is key) for an altercation when he was tied up with a steeler player. It should have been on both players, but it wasn't and it shouldn't have been the one (unsportsmanlike) that could get him ejected if he had one more. With Jones injured on his INT, we were down to nothing backing up WJIII, that is why he let up on Bell on the sideline. Bell's foot was right on the line. If he was called out, the replay couldn't overturn it, but of course, it wasn't called out and replay similarly couldn't overturn it.

Piggy had a flop that would make the soccer world proud and got a drama queen "oh, my arm" as he laid on the ground which drew a flag for roughing. Dalton took late shots all night, and one square in the back of his helmet (with a helmet)....no flags.

Dre had a PI call in the fourth quarter that was a beautiful defense of Brown. It was complete bullshit. The steeler defenders pushed AJ out of bounds and cut him off on routes all night without a single call.

The NFL has lost me. These games aren't real, and the Bengals have virtually no shot when the NFL wants two team with the same record going head to head next week on top of the NFL schedule. All I can say is go pats...I think you actually might get more calls than pitt. Hope you pound them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am surprised that no one on here was talking about the officiating, but then I remember how the TV crews painted the steeler playoff game in 2015 when I re-watched (puke) the game later on DVR and coaches' cuts.

Throughout the game, our interior pass rush...most Geno...was getting good pressure.  Time and time again, He was basically wrapped up and thrown to the ground.  One of the sacks, I think it was Dunlap got him as Geno was falling with a steeler draped around him in full on body-wrap mode.  Not one holding call all night.  Meanwhile, a bogus hold called on Gio takes away a TD.

I hope someone makes the vines of all the holds, but I would imagine the league didn't show them, at least not intentionally.

The out-of-bounds play on Bell was a clear case of how a bad call changed a behaviour.  We saw WJIII get a personal foul (unsportsmanlike, which is key) for an altercation when he was tied up with a steeler player. It should have been on both players, but it wasn't and it shouldn't have been the one (unsportsmanlike) that could get him ejected if he had one more.  With Jones injured on his INT, we were down to nothing backing up WJIII, that is why he let up on Bell on the sideline.  Bell's foot was right on the line.  If he was called out, the replay couldn't overturn it, but of course, it wasn't called out and replay similarly couldn't overturn it.

Piggy had a flop that would make the soccer world proud and got a drama queen "oh, my arm" as he laid on the ground which drew a flag for roughing.  Dalton took late shots all night, and one square in the back of his helmet (with a helmet)....no flags.

Dre had a PI call in the fourth quarter that was a beautiful defense of Brown.  It was complete bullshit.  The steeler defenders pushed AJ out of bounds and cut him off on routes all night without a single call.  

The NFL has lost me.  These games aren't real, and the Bengals have virtually no shot when the NFL wants two team with the same record going head to head next week on top of the NFL schedule.  All I can say is go pats...I think you actually might get more calls than pitt.  Hope you pound them.
It is pretty disgusting to watch.  Even the announcers were all over it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The refs were an absolute joke. In the first half they snapped the ball with 0's on the play clock but nothing... I mean that's not even a judgement call for goodness sake. What a load of crap
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:28 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: The refs were an absolute joke. In the first half they snapped the ball with 0's on the play clock but nothing... I mean that's not even a judgement call for goodness sake. What a load of crap

They did this on consecutive plays. Two delay of game calls, by over a second, completely missed or should I say, ignored.

60,000 people saw the delay of games and gasped...well, a lot of fat, uneducated ones laughed.  But the assholes on the payroll didn't see a thing.  
Reply/Quote
The long TD to Green was a bad call on Bernard.

Honestly, it's becoming harder and harder to care about the Bengals. They had so many dropped passes. So many wide open receivers on defense. Little pass rush. They were giving up yards to Brown.

The officiating was part of it no doubt, but there were many things we controlled.
Reply/Quote
"I am frustrated in the lack of consistency with the league officiating."

-- Rob Gronkowski
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Only 700 yards of penalties
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:33 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The long TD to Green was a bad call on Bernard.

Honestly, it's becoming harder and harder to care about the Bengals. They had so many dropped passes. So many wide open receivers on defense. Little pass rush. They were giving up yards to Brown.

The officiating was part of it no doubt, but there were many things we controlled.

It really is. it is absolutely mind boggling how this team can be so good for a half of football, then absolutely crap themselves in the second halves of games. Just un-imaginable for pro football players. As a fan I want to run thru a wall to get this team to the promise land, but they just don't have it. They're just mentally weak, it's as simple as that.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They did this on consecutive plays. Two delay of game calls, by over a second, completely missed or should I say, ignored.

60,000 people saw the delay of games and gasped...well, a lot of fat, uneducated ones laughed.  But the assholes on the payroll didn't see a thing.  

yes sir! And actually, the attendance was a shade over 59k, around 10k short of a sellout.

Minutes before the game started I honestly thought there was only going to be 35k people (roughly half full), but they spilled in around kickoff.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:33 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The long TD to Green was a bad call on Bernard.

This is classic Marv.  MJ played a TON of snaps at RDE and didn't do a damn thing.  When Lawson was in there, he was dominant. Got the only holding call of the night because Villenueava had him around the neck.  Jordan Willis looked like he got five snaps while MJ was just out there taking up space.  

Also didn't see much of Cody Core or Malone (bad enough they keep sitting Ross) while AJ and Lafell were dropping balls and being physically knocked off their routes...past 5 yards, but rules are only rules for certain teams.  

The most hilarious play was on a punt to the Bengals, one of the steelers just jumped on the back of Brandon Wilson (from behind) and tackled him.  I literally laughed it looked so funny and when they flagged it, the steeler defender jumped up and protested in a manner that looked like "but I'm with the steelers!".

I think had we not gotten that call, I might have been arrested for jumping on the field and beating the shit out of every official in sight. I still should have done that as there were just as many bad calls throughout the game that didn't get flags or were bogus penalties against us. 
Reply/Quote
I'm beyond caring about what the refs do as long as this team has M&M in charge.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Yes, the Bengals lost this game in embarrassing fashion all on their own but those zebras jobbed Cincinnati mercilessly.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am surprised that no one on here was talking about the officiating, but then I remember how the TV crews painted the steeler playoff game in 2015 when I re-watched (puke) the game later on DVR and coaches' cuts.

Throughout the game, our interior pass rush...most Geno...was getting good pressure.  Time and time again, He was basically wrapped up and thrown to the ground.  One of the sacks, I think it was Dunlap got him as Geno was falling with a steeler draped around him in full on body-wrap mode.  Not one holding call all night.  Meanwhile, a bogus hold called on Gio takes away a TD.

The out-of-bounds play on Bell was a clear case of how a bad call changed a behaviour.  We saw WJIII get a personal foul (unsportsmanlike, which is key) for an altercation when he was tied up with a steeler player. It should have been on both players, but it wasn't and it shouldn't have been the one (unsportsmanlike) that could get him ejected if he had one more.  With Jones injured on his INT, we were down to nothing backing up WJIII, that is why he let up on Bell on the sideline.  Bell's foot was right on the line.  If he was called out, the replay couldn't overturn it, but of course, it wasn't called out and replay similarly couldn't overturn it.

Piggy had a flop that would make the soccer world proud and got a drama queen "oh, my arm" as he laid on the ground which drew a flag for roughing.  Dalton took late shots all night, and one square in the back of his helmet (with a helmet)....no flags.

Dre had a PI call in the fourth quarter that was a beautiful defense of Brown.  It was complete bullshit.  The steeler defenders pushed AJ out of bounds and cut him off on routes all night without a single call.  

The NFL has lost me.  These games aren't real, and the Bengals have virtually no shot when the NFL wants two team with the same record going head to head next week on top of the NFL schedule.  All I can say is go pats...I think you actually might get more calls than pitt.  Hope you pound them.

i know, refs were bad. how about that bad holding call on martavis bryants kickoff return for a td.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:47 AM)veecee Wrote: i know, refs were bad. how about that bad holding call on martavis bryants kickoff return for a td.

How about a coward who pretends he's a fan of the team he is ripping instead of saying crap face to face?  On the internet no less.  That's a rare type of coward.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:47 AM)veecee Wrote: i know, refs were bad. how about that bad holding call on martavis bryants kickoff return for a td.

It was so egregious that they had to throw that one.  But it's ok, you just go right on believing this crap isn't slanted significantly in one direction.  I have given my last dollar to the NFL and I hope and pray they continue to make these incredibly stupid decisions and lose all their fanbases.  It is thankfully headed in that direction.  
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It was so egregious that they had to throw that one.  But it's ok, you just go right on believing this crap isn't slanted significantly in one direction.  I have given my last dollar to the NFL and I hope and pray they continue to make these incredibly stupid decisions and lose all their fanbases.  It is thankfully headed in that direction.  

He's a Steeler fan.  His first post ever was that Vontaze deserved it.  

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:42 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: yes sir! And actually, the attendance was a shade over 59k, around 10k short of a sellout.

Minutes before the game started I honestly thought there was only going to be 35k people (roughly half full), but they spilled in around kickoff.

The fat pieces of shit in black and yellow had to be greased to fit through the metal detectors.  Probably slowed things down a bit.  I know it did at the urinals as they would have to dig under their bellies to find their dicks.  
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:52 AM)michaelsean Wrote: He's a Steeler fan.  His first post ever was that Vontaze deserved it.  

Banhammer twirling!  WHOOSH!  WHOOSH!  WHOOSH!  

You may fire when ready...
Reply/Quote

Otherwise known as the potential game winner.

Having one bad call after another going against you for 60 minutes would never affect a team's psyche.  The officials were never going to allow a Bengals win.  Period.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:28 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: The refs were an absolute joke. In the first half they snapped the ball with 0's on the play clock but nothing... I mean that's not even a judgement call for goodness sake. What a load of crap

.....twice......how do you get that on the road?

(12-05-2017, 10:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is classic Marv.  MJ played a TON of snaps at RDE and didn't do a damn thing.  When Lawson was in there, he was dominant. Got the only holding call of the night because Villenueava had him around the neck.  Jordan Willis looked like he got five snaps while MJ was just out there taking up space.  

Also didn't see much of Cody Core or Malone (bad enough they keep sitting Ross) while AJ and Lafell were dropping balls and being physically knocked off their routes...past 5 yards, but rules are only rules for certain teams.  

The most hilarious play was on a punt to the Bengals, one of the steelers just jumped on the back of Brandon Wilson (from behind) and tackled him.  I literally laughed it looked so funny and when they flagged it, the steeler defender jumped up and protested in a manner that looked like "but I'm with the steelers!".

I think had we not gotten that call, I might have been arrested for jumping on the field and beating the shit out of every official in sight. I still should have done that as there were just as many bad calls throughout the game that didn't get flags or were bogus penalties against us. 

I was livid with MJ starting at RDE.  On the other hand, they did some nice things on defense in the first half.....too bad those journalistic jargons got us in the end.

(12-05-2017, 10:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It was so egregious that they had to throw that one.  But it's ok, you just go right on believing this crap isn't slanted significantly in one direction.  I have given my last dollar to the NFL and I hope and pray they continue to make these incredibly stupid decisions and lose all their fanbases.  It is thankfully headed in that direction.  

Yep, this one sealed the deal for me.  When they flagged Gio, I knew it was over.....whether we shot ourselves in the foot, or whether it would be more bad calls.  I went on to sleep, right then and there.  I'm glad I did.....got plenty of rest, and no raised BP! LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote