Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reggie Nelson signs 2 year deal with Raiders
Reggie Nelson has signed a 2 year deal with Raiders.

Oh welll..I actually don't care if we signed him or not. I preferred us not to, I want to see what Shawn Williams can do Big Grin
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I gotta admit this stings a lil bit even though it was kinda obvious we'd be moving on from him. I'm excited for Shawn and believe he's ready. I think he may just exceed our expectations. I am concerned about his durability though. 

I think they should really consider bringing Leon back if only to be a leader in the secondary. He doesn't have to play many downs to contribute. 

I'm just a bit concern d moving forward without two of our staples On defense in one position group no less. 

As always though I'm ever optimistic and have faith our guys can step up. They have to at some point. 

Good luck to Reggie. Awesome player to watch. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Rough end to a Cinderella story. Not sure how things fell apart between him and the team. Hopefully there's no bad blood because he did some good things here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Best of luck, Reggie Nelson.  Hope you get to retire with your health in tact, and a little somethin' in the bank.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I am interested to see what the money is on the deal. I was under the understanding that the Bengals offered him a 2 year deal as well, and the issue was Reggie wanted a longer deal. His total salary last season was $4,779,015.

Reggie is a great player, and was a great Bengal. One of my favorite players of all time. I have never been a Raiders fan, and will ALWAYS be a Bengals fan. But when the Bengals aren't on, and I see the Raiders, I'll be sure to tune in. I'm a big fan of Reggie, and he is one of the few players that play the game in such an exciting manner, that I'll always be a fan of his.

Most of the time when a Bengals player leaves, I wish them well, but rarely do I continue to follow their careers.
Reply/Quote
I'll miss seeing Reggie lay out the hits as a Bengal.

It's really rare to see a guy who does that and confuses the refs because they are hard legal ones.

I refuse to be one of those people who say something negative about him because he's no longer with the team.

Of course age will catch up to many players, but that guy always seemed to make clutch plays.

Good luck to him.

Rock On
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Time for Shawn Williams to step up. If he doesn't play well then this will go down as a colossal failure by the Bengals to not re-sign a team leader coming off a pro bowl season when the team is so close to being a legit Super Bowl contender. As a Bengals fan I hope Williams is amazing but I do feel like this is a mistake, especially if the deal Reggie signed was reasonable.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Time for the refs ro find a new Bengal to penalize every time him makes a hard clean hit.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 10:11 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Time for Shawn Williams to step up. If he doesn't play well then this will go down as a colossal failure by the Bengals to not re-sign a team leader coming off a pro bowl season when the team is so close to being a legit Super Bowl contender. As a Bengals fan I hope Williams is amazing but I do feel like this is a mistake, especially if the deal Reggie signed was reasonable.

This. Shawn Williams has played well, but we will see how he looks for an entire season. Not to mention, is safety not a humungous priority now? If either Iloka or Williams go down with injury, we are in some trouble.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 10:29 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: is safety not a humungous priority now? If either Iloka or Williams go down with injury, we are in some trouble.

Apparently the coaches are high on Derron Smith.

I have no opinion since I have not seen him play, but I don't see the bengals using a high draft pick on a safety.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 10:17 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Time for the refs ro find a new Bengal to penalize every time him makes a hard clean hit.

Was having a hard time thinking of positive things to say and then I remembered how he would get flagged for shoulder hits.  He'd make as good of a hit as a guy possibly can within the rules and then somehow he'd get flagged for it.  

Anyhow, sucks to see the predator himself go but at the end of the day he had to do what was best for him.  Williams and Smith have their work cut out for them if they intend to fill those shoes!
Reply/Quote
Dude's 32 and, while he was decent for us, I don't think he was anything that special.

People look at him leading the team in interceptions and flip-out, but look at them all and realize that they were mostly just bad passes where he didn't do anything special.

I'm not worried about losing him.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 09:34 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: I am interested to see what the money is on the deal.  I was under the understanding that the Bengals offered him a 2 year deal as well, and the issue was Reggie wanted a longer deal.  His total salary last season was $4,779,015.  

Reggie is a great player, and was a great Bengal.  One of my favorite players of all time.  I have never been a Raiders fan, and will ALWAYS be a Bengals fan.  But when the Bengals aren't on, and I see the Raiders, I'll be sure to tune in.  I'm a big fan of Reggie, and he is one of the few players that play the game in such an exciting manner, that I'll always be a fan of his.

Most of the time when a Bengals player leaves, I wish them well, but rarely do I continue to follow their careers.

Yeah, i will be watching Reggie.

He is one of a kind and will always be a Bengal to me. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 10:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Dude's 32 and, while he was decent for us, I don't think he was anything that special.

People look at him leading the team in interceptions and flip-out, but look at them all and realize that they were mostly just bad passes where he didn't do anything special.

Shocked
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 10:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Dude's 32 and, while he was decent for us, I don't think he was anything that special.

Reggie was more than special Brad. He made great interceptions and was a big time cover Safety and great hitter.

I don't get why you don't recognize this.

I think we will be fine with Shawn but to say Reggie was not special is quite strange from any Bengal fan.
Reply/Quote
I gotta admit this stings a lil bit even though it was kinda obvious we'd be moving on from him. I'm excited for Shawn and believe he's ready. I think he may just exceed our expectations. I am concerned about his durability though. 

I think they should really consider bringing Leon back if only to be a leader in the secondary. He doesn't have to play many downs to contribute. 

I'm just a bit concern d moving forward without two of our staples On defense in one position group no less. 

As always though I'm ever optimistic and have faith our guys can step up. They have to at some point. 

Good luck to Reggie. Awesome player to watch. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
And Pig Ben breathes a sigh of relief.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
This is going to be a big mistake.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote

Even if this were true...

How many times have you ever seen our players have passes thrown at them and butterfinger them?

If it affects the game and momentum it means something.

Just respect that.

He was an integral part of the defensive backfield.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 11:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Reggie was more than special Brad. He made great interceptions and was a big time cover Safety and great hitter.

I don't get why you don't recognize this.

I think we will be fine with Shawn but to say Reggie was not special is quite strange from any Bengal fan.

He had a few big hits, but look at his highlights from 2015 and tell me how many spectacular plays you see that can't be replaced without signing or drafting a HOFer.

Most of his interceptions were just from him playing center field or even man coverage and the ball being a horrible throw.  Notice that, if he had better hands, he would have had a few more, easily.  

He is a solid hitter, I'll give you that.

He was a decent player, maybe even above-average, but you can't say that it will be that difficult to replace.
Reply/Quote