Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Reggie to Raiders
(04-06-2016, 11:54 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote:  but this narrative of "Oh well, so long" that's going around these boards is a bit puzzling.

It will not be puzzling if you just take the time to look around the league and see what every other good team goes through in this situation.

there comes a time whne all of them have to replace aging expensive talent with younger cheaper talent.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 10:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It will not be puzzling if you just take the time to look around the league and see what every other good team goes through in this situation.

there comes a time whne all of them have to replace aging expensive talent with younger cheaper talent.

I'm talking more about his worth as a player by some fans in these parts.

According to them he was a lucky has been.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 10:17 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm talking more about his worth as a player by some fans in these parts.

Ah, I see what you mean, and I agree.

This a common phenomenon.  We like players better when they are "ours".  When we lose a player (or anything in our lives) we discount its value to diminish the feeling of loss.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 11:38 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: [img][Image: zz_zpsgrkyehnq.png][/img]
So long Steeler Killer. [Image: crying-sad-waving-bye-smiley-emoticon.gif]

That picture makes me want to vomit. Porter and Tomlinson....first class assbags
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 09:52 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Great player and we will miss him. I hope he plays great for Oakland and I think he will.

Salary cap is the issue here.

You cannot resign everyone.

This is the reason why you need to build through the draft.

We will get four comp picks in 2017.

Agreed. What Reggie did as a Bengal should put him in the Bengals Hall of Fame...if there was one. I wish him all the success in the world, and I will miss him a great deal.

You are also dead on about the compensatory picks....I would have rather kept Reggie, but the four compensatory picks (which are tradeable next year) are very important. At least two of those could be third rounders.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The picture above really expresses how I feel about the Pit vs Cinci rivalry. You have Tomlinson and his goon coming after our player, and poor ol Marvin looking like the girlfriend being like "hey guys stop it!"

Man I'm gonna miss Reggie.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 11:24 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The picture above really expresses how I feel about the Pit vs Cinci rivalry. You have Tomlinson and his goon coming after our player, and poor ol Marvin looking like the girlfriend being like "hey guys stop it!"

C'mon man.  All you can see is the back of Marvin's head.

It is okay to criticize Marvin for reality, but it gets silly when you just make stuff up.  In fact all this imaginary stuff takes away from the credibility of legit criticism.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 11:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon man.  All you can see is the back of Marvin's head.

It is okay to criticize Marvin for reality, but it gets silly when you just make stuff up.  In fact all this imaginary stuff takes away from the credibility of legit criticism.

Forgot one comment about Marvin can throw your whole world upside down.  Whatever Even when it was intended as a joke and had no ill will towards Marvin at all. Keep trying tho.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 11:54 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yeah they aren't the only thing. 

Yet they do mean quite a lot.

Coaches don't quote things like "turnovers killed us" for nothing.

I'm not getting pissy with you in particular Nate... but this narrative of "Oh well, so long" that's going around these boards is a bit puzzling.

Shawn can pick QB's off as well, so can George and Adam. So can Dansby and Burfict. Derron Smith is a ballhawk from hell.

As much as it is nice to see all those ints come from one person it would be better if it came from a conglomeration of dudes.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 10:17 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm talking more about his worth as a player by some fans in these parts.

Not to me.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 11:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon man.  All you can see is the back of Marvin's head.

Actually GC nailed it fred. 
[img][Image: z_zpsxbrollax.png][/img]
[Image: zz_zpsgrkyehnq.png]
[Image: zzz_zps86ju52x0.png]

Reply/Quote
Good Post
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 12:10 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Actually GC nailed it fred. 
[img][Image: z_zpsxbrollax.png][/img]
[Image: zz_zpsgrkyehnq.png]
[Image: zzz_zps86ju52x0.png]

So you guys like the way Tomlin was acting better than Marvin?

To me Marvin looks like an adult and Tomlin looks like a stupid punks ass kid.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 12:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Shawn can pick QB's off as well, so can George and Adam. So can Dansby and Burfict. Derron Smith is a ballhawk from hell.

As much as it is nice to see all those ints come from one person it would be better if it came from a conglomeration of dudes.

I still don't get the hype on Derron Smith. I'm gonna have to see it in the NFL to believe it. Hope you are right tho.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 11:58 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Forgot one comment about Marvin can throw your whole world upside down.  Whatever Even when it was intended as a joke and had no ill will towards Marvin at all. Keep trying tho.

Please, not this lame excuse again.

You remind me of people who tell racists jokes and then act like it is silly for anyone to complain because "it was just a joke".

If you can't believe anyone will ever disagree with you then you don't understand how message boards work.
Reply/Quote
Reggie should have knocked Tomlin out.... then he could serve his suspension in Oakland... :jk:
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 12:22 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I still don't get the hype on Derron Smith. I'm gonna have to see it in the NFL to believe it. Hope you are right tho.

I agree.  None of us have seen him play in the NFL.  The coaches seem to have faith in him, but that could just be another smoke screen (see: Armon Binns)
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 12:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Please, not this lame excuse again.

You remind me of people who tell racists jokes and then act like it is silly for anyone to complain because "it was just a joke".

If you can't believe anyone will ever disagree with you then you don't understand how message boards work.

Lol dear God what is wrong with you today Fred? Saying Marvin was acting like Reggies girlfriend is not a joke to you? I think you are overly sensitive, and take everything way too seriously. Did I say we should fire him? Burn him at the stake? I am nothing like a racist either. You are simply out of line today.
Reply/Quote
Why was Marvin facing Reggie in the first pic? Reggie wasn't the aggressor there. Tomlin was way out of line.

It feels like Marv gives respect to the Steelers that isn't reciprocated. 

And yes, Reggie was a big loss regardless of his age. He's still very productive. I get why they did it, but still. Hopefully Williams is ready.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 12:22 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I still don't get the hype on Derron Smith. I'm gonna have to see it in the NFL to believe it. Hope you are right tho.

I hope i am right too. But his college tape don't lie and he was making great picks in TC last year.

The dude is always around the ball, this is something that just comes natural to him and is something you just can't teach.

I doubt we see much of Derron this year except on ST's or injury happens but still, he has a history of making interceptions.

And since that is what Bengal Rocker was talking about...

Thought i would mention the guy that plays the same position as Reggie.
Reply/Quote