Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regular season schedule to be released April 20th
According to the president of the Detroit Lions, the 2017 regular season schedule will be released Thursday, April 20th.

Saw this on Facebook this week.
Reply/Quote
Finally! The schedule release is always exciting!
Reply/Quote
Will the Bengals finally get their home opener?

Yes but against the hardest team on the schedule. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2017, 12:22 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Will the Bengals finally get their home opener?

I'd be ok with that if it happened.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2017, 12:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'd be ok with that if it happened.

Yeah me too. Sometimes you can catch a good team who has a bad start.

If we beat the hardest team on schedule (The Pats I think?) in week 1 that would be a great start to the season and some early momentum.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2017, 12:22 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Will the Bengals finally get their home opener?

I hope they give you the first 3 out of 4 at home.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2017, 12:34 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Yeah me too. Sometimes you can catch a good team who has a bad start.

If we beat the hardest team on schedule (The Pats I think?) in week 1 that would be a great start to the season and some early momentum.

Damn, what a start that would be.

Reply/Quote
Would be fine seeing Tom Brady in PBS week 1.

Now that is excitement !

Until kickoff at least it would be. Then who knows about how OL holds up.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
And, the Bengals start the season on the road at...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2017, 01:48 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Would be fine seeing Tom Brady in PBS week 1.

Now that is excitement !

Until kickoff at least it would be. Then who knows about how OL holds up.

We don't play the Patriots next season.

Host Buffalo, at Denver based upon standings from 2016.

Colts, Texans, Bears, Lions at home
Reply/Quote
April 20th my favorite holiday
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
I'll bet we open at Minnesota. Home opener week 2 against the Texans.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2017, 12:00 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: According to the president of the Detroit Lions, the 2017 regular season schedule will be released Thursday, April 20th.

Saw this on Facebook this week.
Still one of the stupidest things ever to me to announce it before the draft.

Hard to tell how good a draft is right away, but you can get a pretty good idea and teams can fill in the missing pieces if they're not too far away from being really good.  Also, it's hard to tell how good a team will improve just based off of the draft, but you can definitely normally tell if a team has a horrible draft.

I'd love to hear the logic behind releasing the schedule before the draft.

It's our time to announce that we're here for a big season.

I'd love for this to happen so we can make the world start thinking about us and, more importantly, to give us a crazy amount of confidence.
(04-15-2017, 12:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'd be ok with that if it happened.

Same.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2017, 12:35 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I hope they give you the first 3 out of 4 at home.

We can play at home Thursday 9/14, but if Sunday 9/17 it has to be on the road with Reds in town that day.

Week #3 has to be on road also same reason I just mentioned.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2017, 09:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Still one of the stupidest things ever to me to announce it before the draft.

Hard to tell how good a draft is right away, but you can get a pretty good idea and teams can fill in the missing pieces if they're not too far away from being really good.  Also, it's hard to tell how good a team will improve just based off of the draft, but you can definitely normally tell if a team has a horrible draft.

I'd love to hear the logic behind releasing the schedule before the draft.

Nothing about whatever argument you just made, made any sense. It's irrelevant either way. The draft doesn't affect primetime games or anything like that basically ever. Plus when it came after, the schedule was more than likely essentially done
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2017, 02:46 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Nothing about whatever argument you just made, made any sense. It's irrelevant either way. The draft doesn't affect primetime games or anything like that basically ever. Plus when it came after, the schedule was more than likely essentially done

Ha.

Explain what parts of my post didn't make any sense.

You can't just say "that doesn't make any sense because I said so."

Draft can affect primetime games by teams improving, which I pointed out.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like Patriots/Chiefs on TNF in week 1. Also appears that the Falcons will host the Sunday Night Football opener, and I'd bet bottom dollar it's Dallas or Green Bay (as they play both at home).
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2017, 09:48 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Sounds like Patriots/Chiefs on TNF in week 1.  Also appears that the Falcons will host the Sunday Night Football opener, and I'd bet bottom dollar it's Dallas or Green Bay (as they play both at home).

Me thinks it will be Green Bay as it's an NFC Championship Game rematch. I'd save the Dallas game as a 4:25 FOX DH game.
Reply/Quote
Looks like it's Dallas at Atlanta on Sunday Night. The playoff game we didn't get last year.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2017, 11:40 AM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: We can play at home Thursday 9/14, but if Sunday 9/17 it has to be on the road with Reds in town that day.

Week #3 has to be on road also same reason I just mentioned.

I hate that they try to juggle that so much. Saturday the Cavaliers had a home playoff game while the Indians played right next door. Cleveland is still there. Does Cincinnati just lack the parking and resources to pull this off?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote