Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reiff and Hopkins inactive
(12-05-2021, 02:18 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: We’ll be fine.

THIS AGED WELL.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 08:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Whitworth still playing better than both right now.

Ninja

Dumbest move the Bengals ever made was letting Whit walk away because they had Cedric Ogbuehi in the fold already. 

Still paying for that mistake. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 10:38 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Dumbest move the Bengals ever made was letting Whit walk away because they had Cedric Ogbuehi in the fold already. 

Still paying for that mistake. 

Big time. This is the one time Mike Brown broke his infamous loyalty streak. He broke Andrew Whitworth’s heart.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 10:45 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Big time.  This is the one time Mike Brown broke his infamous loyalty streak.  He broke Andrew Whitworth’s heart.

Yep and broke my heart along with many others hearts as well. 

Certain Whit would've remained loyal to the Bengals to the very end too and finished amongst the Bengal greats.

What a debacle of a move and wish he would have viewed Whit as his son instead of Pacman.  Ninja   

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 11:22 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Without the outstanding veterans in the lineup along the offensive line....

6 Sacks & 11 Quarterback Hits

That’s the truth. Don’t forget without those veterans the Bengals ran 25 times for less than 100 yards as well. That’s terrible.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 10:45 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Big time.  This is the one time Mike Brown broke his infamous loyalty streak.  He broke Andrew Whitworth’s heart.

Actually was Katie and Troy as they started to take over a little more of the team.

James Rapien article...
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/andrew-whitworth-bengals-offer
Quote:Whitworth was entering a contract year and coming off one of his best seasons in 2014. He asked for an extension, but the front office was silent and didn't communicate with him about their plans to select his replacement early in the draft.

Whitworth voiced his displeasure in an interview shortly after the draft, which led to Katie and Troy Blackburn doubling down on their mistake to take Ogbuehi and Fisher.

“After I went out in the media and said there wasn’t any communication, they [Katie and Troy Blackburn] brought me in the next week and said ‘we’re going to move forward with these two guys and we think you’re done,'" Whitworth said on Willie Anderson's Instagram.

Bengals owner Mike Brown stepped in during the 2015 season. Cincinnati was 2-0 and on their way to an 8-0 start. He made the decision to keep 'Big Whit' around for at least one more year.

“Midseason of that year, Mike (Brown) and I ended up sitting down as we always did usually to talk ball," Whitworth said. "He decided... him — not anybody else — Mike decided on his own that he wanted me to stick around another year so he ended up giving me a one-year extension, just between him and I.”

Whitworth agreed to a one-year, $9 million extension. The Bengals would keep their leader through the 2016 season, but the damage was already done.

As Whitworth entered free agency for the first time in his career, he knew the Blackburns would be the ones negotiating his deal with the Bengals.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 02:40 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Actually was Katie and Troy as they started to take over a little more of the team.

All praise the great Katie Blackburn. NEW DEY
Reply/Quote
Speaking of big Whit…

He better be in Canton some day.

Reply/Quote